Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't want to jinx us, but the rest of our schedule........

Started by JIHawg, September 15, 2014, 10:25:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

We have only two away games.  I consider Jerry World at least neutral and maybe Reynolds South.

Our two away games are Mississippi State and Missouri.  We get all the most challenging games at home, Bama, Ga, and LSU. 

Just sayin.

010HogFan

The_Iceman

Sir Oinksalot

...I've been pleasantly surprised how Coach BB has had the guys ready to play at AU and TT and at home against a cupcake...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

bphi11ips

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 15, 2014, 10:28:43 am
Georgia is not a HOME game.

Riiiiiggggghhhht. 

This kind of BS from Razorbacks fans shows a divisiveness that didn't exist during the period that provided the program's tradition. 

Is Little Rock a neutral site?  Where would you rather play A&M every year, if winning the game was the only consideration, Little Rock or Dallas? 

This is a positive thread and the OP makes a great point.  Don't turn it into a GSD thread. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Vantage 8 dude

While I realize it's not in DWRRS, I wouldn't classify playing in Little Rock as exactly having to play at Athens, Ga. The crowd might beg to differ with you.

The_Iceman

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 15, 2014, 10:33:22 am
Is Little Rock a neutral site?  Where would you rather play A&M every year, if winning the game was the only consideration, Little Rock or Dallas?   

Considering we are 4-0 in Dallas over the last few years, while losing to ULM, Ole Miss, Miss State, and barely beating Samford with attendances under 50,000.....then I'd pick Dallas.

But, my first choice would be to play all non-home games in our HOME stadium:

GuvHog

Arkansas will be the HOME team, that makes it a HOME game. Where it is played in the state of Arkansas is irrelevant.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

threeNout

Georgia will certainly count it as a road loss, because that's what it's going to be.

Dirty

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 15, 2014, 10:49:08 am
Considering we are 4-0 in Dallas over the last few years, while losing to ULM, Ole Miss, Miss State, and barely beating Samford with attendances under 50,000.....then I'd pick Dallas.

But, my first choice would be to play all non-home games in our HOME stadium:

So losing to Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, and Texas A&M, Auburn, Rutgers, doesn't count because they were played in Fayetteville?

regi

UGA is a very winnable game, they have issues at safety and up he gut. Plus this 5th year Sr QB is Joe cox like, not DJ Shockley.

N HOG

Quote from: Dirty on September 15, 2014, 11:21:31 am
So losing to Alabama, LSU, South Carolina, and Texas A&M, Auburn, Rutgers, doesn't count because they were played in Fayetteville?

Vandy

bigred223

Iceman I will be shocked if the Georgia game doesn't have the loudest crowd of the season. There have been many great games there.

N HOG

Quote from: bigred223 on September 15, 2014, 11:27:55 am
Iceman I will be shocked if the Georgia game doesn't have the loudest crowd of the season. There have been many great games there.

If people will just get over the GSD for a moment, then they will recognize you are correct. This will be an electric atmosphere, especially if we are playing well going into the game.

I understand both sides of this BIG argument, but playing one game a year at WMS seems like a very reasonable compromise to me. I can easily live with it if it doesn't continue, but it's an alternative that makes sense. Play one conference game there when we have four at home and then a decent non-conference game on the alternate year. I predict Texas Tech there next year.

bphi11ips

Quote from: N HOG on September 15, 2014, 11:32:13 am
If people will just get over the GSD for a moment, then they will recognize you are correct. This will be an electric atmosphere, especially if we are playing well going into the game.

I understand both sides of this BIG argument, but playing one game a year at WMS seems like a very reasonable compromise to me. I can easily live with it if it doesn't continue, but it's an alternative that makes sense. Play one conference game there when we have four at home and then a decent non-conference game on the alternate year. I predict Texas Tech there next year.

This.  There are valid arguments on both sides for no more games in LR.  LR not being a "home" game is not one of them. 

I personally favor one per year and would bet the one next year is TT, primarily because TT will sell well in LR regardless of the team's record or the fans' expectations.  There's a nostalgia factor dating to the SWC and the glory days of WMS that will not be as significant in Fayetteville.   

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

shotgun7

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 15, 2014, 10:27:00 am
Next year's schedule is gonna suck eggs.

Can't be any tougher than this year.

The bright notes are we have Auburn MIZZU & MS State at home, should win 2 out of 3 if not all 3... all 4 non conf games are in Arkansas. We always seem to play well at LSU. Where is the downside exactly?