Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the Bench - Razorbacks Now Poised to Make Bowl Run

Started by Robert Shields, September 15, 2014, 10:16:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Shields

Razorbacks Now Poised to Make Bowl Run

Robert Shields

The first signature win of the Bret Bielema era occurred in a big way down in Lubbock, Texas, against Texas Tech. It was impressive in the fact it was on the road in front of a hostile crowd. Tech is not a great team, but they will more than likely end up in a bowl game at the end of the season. With the win, the Razorbacks' chances of going bowling increased significantly.

The game was brutal to watch if you were a Texas Tech fan as the Razorbacks literally bludgeoned the Red Raiders into a point of being just unable to put up a fight. As they continued to get punched in the gut, Tech brought more people in for support to stop the run, but Arkansas just countered by bringing in more people to block. Eventually, the Razorbacks had no receivers split out wide, but it did not matter. Tech knew the Razorbacks were not going to pass, so why hold the illusion of it?

The Razorback then just pounded it between the tackles. At times, it even looked like the running backs for the Razorbacks were running into the Tech defenders on purpose to punish them. If it would have been a boxing match, the ring official would have stopped the fight. The final blow was when Alex Collins literally ran over a Tech defender on a long run for a touchdown.

The performance was as one of the best for a Razorback team rushing over its opponent since Quinn Grovey did it to the Houston Cougars in Little Rock. When you start running between the tackles as the Razorbacks did Saturday, the game gets really simple. The stronger team is going to win at the point of attack. It doesn't matter how fast you are as it only helps you get quicker to the train wreck, but you still have to be strong enough to stop the wrecks advance.

I always liked it when John Madden would talk about how he would know how his team was going to be in the offseason depending on how the line pushed the seven-man sled that he called Rosebud. I promise the Razorback seven would push Rosebud to the point of making Madden proud.

Last week, I said stats sometimes don't tell the story of the game, but in this game they did as the Razorbacks had the ball for 24 of the 30 minutes of the second half and only one possession in the third quarter. No matter how space age your offense may be, if it's only on the field for just six minutes its own defense is being mauled in the meat grinder.

In the end, the Razorbacks' Paleolithic offense smashed the trendy Tech offense like a dinosaur would an Xbox game system. You can be using a Montblanc, but a pencil can do the same thing and it's really all about the person using it.

Besides the offensive line, which was deserving of the game ball, the lack of penalties for the Razorbacks was impressive. If they play that way all season without committing unforced errors and limiting their penalties, they will win a game they are not supposed to. Brandon Allen always got them out of the huddle with plenty of time to spare. They did not have to burn timeouts on stupid things like not being ready or having the wrong personnel on the field. It was crisp to say in a word.

Being even more positive on Allen, twice on third and long he made the play. This moves him beyond just a caretaker on offense to the title of playmaker, which was not the case in the offseason. The time he pump faked the defenders out of position and flashed into the end zone for a touchdown had to be pleasing for Razorback fans.

The defense even looked sharp at times in the secondary where they were seldom caught out of place and made several plays to break up passes. It was a great effort by the defense to hold the high-powered Tech offense to 28 points even though they got a huge assist from their offense by keeping the Tech offense off the field.

Now the bad. The Razorbacks will not be able to lock up hip to hip and run over other teams in the SEC. If nothing else, it will end in a stalemate because the Razorbacks will not significantly outweigh other SEC teams. The Razorbacks will have to find an effective passing game to get other SEC defensive secondaries from crowding the box.

On a few occasions in the Tech game, Allen had guys open who beat the defense and then missed them by overthrowing them. He will have to connect on these to make the Razorback offense more effective in league play. On the upside, maybe sometimes it is better to overthrow than underthrow.

Regardless, after working over the defense between the tackles, you have to make them pay for moving people up to stop the run. It's the money play in the Razorbacks' play-action offense.

I'm sure they will work on it this week, but the botch at the beginning of the game with the punt that was fumbled by the ball bounding into a stray Razorback player was deplorable. It was reminiscent of something that you saw with Houston Nutt special teams. Later in the game, you had a similar situation with the ball bounding wildly with Razorback players wandering around unaware of where the live grenade was. The fumbled punt made the game closer in the beginning than it should have been.

Even with Alex Collins hitting the big run late in the game, the Razorbacks are still missing a big play threat. I keep waiting for Korliss Marshall to make a game-breaking run early in a game. Alex Collins and Johnathon Williams have not displayed the ability to leave people behind. They can run over people and shake tacklers, but they don't blow by a defense.

Last, even though the defense was well-schemed catching Tech by surprise and sometimes even dropping nine men into coverage, the front four seldom if ever got pressure on the quarterback. This is going to have to improve from the Auburn and Tech games where the opposing quarterback has all day to make a decision.

As a closing thought, the telecast of the game was atrocious. The eight-hour interview of Jeff Long while the Razorbacks are on a touchdown scoring drive was terrible. The game coverage was something that Raycom would have been proud of, but not a production from a major network.

Send your post-game analysis to fromthebench@yahoo.com.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Robert Shields on September 15, 2014, 10:16:07 am

Robert Shields

The first signature win of the Bret Bielema era occurred in a big way down in Lubbock, Texas, against Texas Tech. It was impressive in the fact it was on the road in front of a hostile crowd. Tech is not a great team, but they will more than likely end up in a bowl game at the end of the season. With the win, the Razorbacks' chances of going bowling increased significantly.

The game was brutal to watch if you were a Texas Tech fan as the Razorbacks literally bludgeoned the Red Raiders into a point of being just unable to put up a fight. As they continued to get punched in the gut, Tech brought more people in for support to stop the run, but Arkansas just countered by bringing in more people to block. Eventually, the Razorbacks had no receivers split out wide, but it did not matter. Tech knew the Razorbacks were not going to pass, so why hold the illusion of it?

The Razorback then just pounded it between the tackles. At times, it even looked like the running backs for the Razorbacks were running into the Tech defenders on purpose to punish them. If it would have been a boxing match, the ring official would have stopped the fight. The final blow was when Alex Collins literally ran over a Tech defender on a long run for a touchdown.

The performance was as one of the best for a Razorback team rushing over its opponent since Quinn Grovey did it to the Houston Cougars in Little Rock. When you start running between the tackles as the Razorbacks did Saturday, the game gets really simple. The stronger team is going to win at the point of attack. It doesn't matter how fast you are as it only helps you get quicker to the train wreck, but you still have to be strong enough to stop the wrecks advance.

I always liked it when John Madden would talk about how he would know how his team was going to be in the offseason depending on how the line pushed the seven-man sled that he called Rosebud. I promise the Razorback seven would push Rosebud to the point of making Madden proud.

Last week, I said stats sometimes don't tell the story of the game, but in this game they did as the Razorbacks had the ball for 24 of the 30 minutes of the second half and only one possession in the third quarter. No matter how space age your offense may be, if it's only on the field for just six minutes its own defense is being mauled in the meat grinder.

In the end, the Razorbacks' Paleolithic offense smashed the trendy Tech offense like a dinosaur would an Xbox game system. You can be using a Montblanc, but a pencil can do the same thing and it's really all about the person using it.

Besides the offensive line, which was deserving of the game ball, the lack of penalties for the Razorbacks was impressive. If they play that way all season without committing unforced errors and limiting their penalties, they will win a game they are not supposed to. Brandon Allen always got them out of the huddle with plenty of time to spare. They did not have to burn timeouts on stupid things like not being ready or having the wrong personnel on the field. It was crisp to say in a word.

Being even more positive on Allen, twice on third and long he made the play. This moves him beyond just a caretaker on offense to the title of playmaker, which was not the case in the offseason. The time he pump faked the defenders out of position and flashed into the end zone for a touchdown had to be pleasing for Razorback fans.

The defense even looked sharp at times in the secondary where they were seldom caught out of place and made several plays to break up passes. It was a great effort by the defense to hold the high-powered Tech offense to 28 points even though they got a huge assist from their offense by keeping the Tech offense off the field.

Now the bad. The Razorbacks will not be able to lock up hip to hip and run over other teams in the SEC. If nothing else, it will end in a stalemate because the Razorbacks will not significantly outweigh other SEC teams. The Razorbacks will have to find an effective passing game to get other SEC defensive secondaries from crowding the box.

On a few occasions in the Tech game, Allen had guys open who beat the defense and then missed them by overthrowing them. He will have to connect on these to make the Razorback offense more effective in league play. On the upside, maybe sometimes it is better to overthrow than underthrow.

Regardless, after working over the defense between the tackles, you have to make them pay for moving people up to stop the run. It's the money play in the Razorbacks' play-action offense.

I'm sure they will work on it this week, but the botch at the beginning of the game with the punt that was fumbled by the ball bounding into a stray Razorback player was deplorable. It was reminiscent of something that you saw with Houston Nutt special teams. Later in the game, you had a similar situation with the ball bounding wildly with Razorback players wandering around unaware of where the live grenade was. The fumbled punt made the game closer in the beginning than it should have been.

Even with Alex Collins hitting the big run late in the game, the Razorbacks are still missing a big play threat. I keep waiting for Korliss Marshall to make a game-breaking run early in a game. Alex Collins and Johnathon Williams have not displayed the ability to leave people behind. They can run over people and shake tacklers, but they don't blow by a defense.

Last, even though the defense was well-schemed catching Tech by surprise and sometimes even dropping nine men into coverage, the front four seldom if ever got pressure on the quarterback. This is going to have to improve from the Auburn and Tech games where the opposing quarterback has all day to make a decision.

As a closing thought, the telecast of the game was atrocious. The eight-hour interview of Jeff Long while the Razorbacks are on a touchdown scoring drive was terrible. The game coverage was something that Raycom would have been proud of, but not a production from a major network.

Oh no! The sure "kiss of death" from Harry King's "separated at birth" son.

Biggus Piggus

Don't really understand this passage. Collins showed his ability to blow by a defense quite well, as you even mentioned. Other than his breakaway touchdown, first of his career, Collins lacks big play ability? Why would you even write that?

Arkansas has fixed last year's difficulty scoring touchdowns. That is very obvious. Now for some more passing touchdowns too.
[CENSORED]!

hogrocker

It wouldn't be a Shields piece without mentioning the capital city.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

TexHog188

Let's see, so far this season Williams has a 90 yd run for TD, Collins has an 85 yd run for TD, Keon Hatcher has an 85 yd run for TD, DJ Dean took a punt around 60-70 yards return inside five, and Korliss Marshall is just a big play waiting to happen. Yet we just have no big play threat.

Are you on glue?
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ballz2thewall

very good, robert.

the most glaring of the bad to me was the front four D as well.  i noticed it and posted it here on the game thread during the telecast.

the constant whiskey references were irritating but that jeff long thing and the follow up on that was infuriating.  wgas??!!

overall the gravy was so plentiful it was hard to see the potatoes at times.  but the front D four, hmmmmm.
The rest of the frog.

EastMemphisHog

That Long interview was terrible. I'll give you that.

hogcard1964

Are you claiming there's not a big play threat because the running backs don't have real break-away speed?

Hoggie17

Quote from: Hogfaniam on September 15, 2014, 10:41:01 am
Winning makes most things better.
We looked good in the last 2 games. I have watched the TT game 3 times and I enjoy it more each time. I am not going to get my hopes up very high, after the last 2 years I will just wait until we have played A&M and Ala.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 15, 2014, 11:02:00 am
Are you claiming there's not a big play threat because the running backs don't have real break-away speed?

i think he's referring to a potential that is in addition to the usual workhorses.
The rest of the frog.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

LZH

hogfan58

Quote from: hogrocker on September 15, 2014, 10:30:16 am

He somehow does this every week.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Dr. Starcs

You said last week that a win would shut you (and the critics) up.

Mulberry Squeezins

Am I the only who opens Shield's threads and immediately start reading the replies without bothering to read his post, er; article?

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 15, 2014, 11:32:56 am

Yet he keeps babbling on week after week.

DOGALUM

Who the hell is Robert Shields?

No room for you on the wagon, Shields.   You've shown, time and time again, where you stand.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Ex-Trumpet

Only read the title...

We are no more--or no less--poised to make a bowl run than we were at the beginning of the season.  Most here thought we would be 2-1 at this point.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 15, 2014, 11:32:56 am

I didn't read that one, either.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Großer Kriegschwein

We have a Jonathan Williams on our team? But but but, the announcers said his name was Jonathan Washington.....

D-Bags
This is my non-signature signature.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 15, 2014, 11:52:57 am
We have a Jonathan Williams on our team? But but but, the announcers said his name was Jonathan Washington.....

D-Bags

Pretty sure he plays for Wisconsin.

scruf

Hey Robert, how did you like Texas Tech's "offense of the future?" Pretty awesome, wasn't it?

buldozer

The worst thing about the announcers was continually calling the Hogs Wisconsin.... that sucked! And then the idiot explaining it away because the Hogs were running Wisconsin offense..... yea thats why ESPN named Wisconsin running back U

HogJowler

Who is "THIS" Robert Shields?  Didn't know he could actually say two or more positive things in a row.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogrocker on September 15, 2014, 10:30:16 am

I didn't read it but why would he mention Washington DC?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on September 15, 2014, 11:35:16 am
Am I the only who opens Shield's threads and immediately start reading the replies without bothering to read his post, er; article?

No, that's what I do too.

The_Iceman

Obviously you aren't the only one. Don't forget to give Shields a -1 while you are here.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LZH on September 15, 2014, 11:15:10 am
Ahh, the old RAYCOM memories.

+1  RAYCOM was Better than that MESS by ESPN on ABC!!!!

Great post today Robert.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

zane

RIP LSUfan

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2014, 10:22:18 am
Don't really understand this passage. Collins showed his ability to blow by a defense quite well, as you even mentioned. Other than his breakaway touchdown, first of his career, Collins lacks big play ability? Why would you even write that?

Arkansas has fixed last year's difficulty scoring touchdowns. That is very obvious. Now for some more passing touchdowns too.

Shields are gonna Shield man.

Hoggie17

Quote from: buldozer on September 15, 2014, 12:10:49 pm
The worst thing about the announcers was continually calling the Hogs Wisconsin.... that sucked! And then the idiot explaining it away because the Hogs were running Wisconsin offense..... yea thats why ESPN named Wisconsin running back U
I am not offended by being compared to Wisconsin, with those white helmets  we do look similar to Wisconsin. If it makes CBB happy for us to wear helmets that look like his previous school and wins, its OK with me.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 15, 2014, 03:02:46 pm
I am not offended by being compared to Wisconsin, with those white helmets  we do look similar to Wisconsin. If it makes CBB happy for us to wear helmets that look like his previous school and wins, its OK with me.

We used to wear a white helmet way back. I don't care what color the helmet is as long as it is either red or white and has a Razorback on the side. They looked like Razorbacks out there to me:

Hoggie17

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 15, 2014, 03:17:23 pm
We used to wear a white helmet way back. I don't care what color the helmet is as long as it is either red or white and has a Razorback on the side. They looked like Razorbacks out there to me:

They looked like a smash mouth football team that was having their way, I loved it.

thefisher

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 15, 2014, 01:12:36 pm
Obviously you aren't the only one. Don't forget to give Shields a -1 while you are here.
+1 to Iceman for reminding everyone to give Shields a -1

Kind of a yen/yang thang ... I guess.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

HawgTide

Nope. That's what I do too.

Vantage 8 dude

intelligence

Robert Shields

The first signature win of the Bret Bielema era occurred in a big way down in Lubbock, Texas, against Texas Tech. It The win, Bret Bielema's first over a Power 5 opponent in his tenure at Arkansas, was impressive in the fact it was on the road and in front of a hostile crowd.  Texas Tech is not a great team, but they the Red Raiders will more than likely end up in a bowl game at the end of the season. With the win, the The Razorbacks' chance of going to a bowl game increased significantly with the win.

The game In a game which was literally brutal to watch at times if you were are a Texas Tech fan as , the Razorbacks literally bludgeoned the Red Raiders, almost to the point that they were unable to fight back. into a point of being just unable to put up a fight. As they the Texas Tech Defense continued to get punched in the gut, Tech brought in more people in for support personnel to stop the run, but Arkansas just countered with power running sets designed to punish opposing defenses. by bringing in more people to block. Eventually, the Razorbacks had no receivers split out wide, but it did not matter. Tech knew the Razorbacks were not going to pass, so why hold the illusion of it?

Texas Tech had no illusions of what the Razorback game plan was, as the Hogs continually marched down the field in a brutal, almost violent manner. The Razorback then just pounded it between the tackles. At times, it even looked like the running backs for the Razorbacks were running into the Tech defenders on purpose to punish them. purposely initiating contact with the defenders, sending a clear message to the opposing team. If it would have been a boxing match, the ring official would have stopped the fight. The final blow was when Alex Collins literally ran over a Tech defender on a long run for a touchdown. came as Sophmore running back Alex Collins trucked a defender before breaking free for a long touchdown scamper to the tune of 84 yards.

The performance was as possibly one of the best greatestfor by a Razorback team rushing over its opponent since Quinn Grovey did it to the Houston Cougars in Little Rock. directed the Razorbacks offense to 647 yards of offense vs Houston in 1989. When you start adopt a strategy of running between the tackles as the Razorbacks did Saturday, the game gets really simple,. The with thestronger team is going to win prevailing by winning the battle at the point of attack. It doesn't matter how fast you or talented your defense is, are as it only helps you get quicker to the train wreck, but you still have to be strong enough to stop the offense's advance.

I always liked it when John Madden would talk about how he could gauge how good would know how his team was going to be in the offseason depending on how the line pushed the seven-man sled that he called Rosebud. I promiseIt's this reporter's belief that the Razorback's frontline would push Rosebud to the point of making Madden proud.

Last week, I said made the assertion that stats sometimes don't tell the story of the game, but in this game they did. as The Razorbacks had the ball for 24 of the a possible 30 minutes of during the second half and only one possession in the third quarter. No matter how space age complex and "space-age" your offense may be, if it's only on the field for just six minutes its own defense is being mauled in the meat grinder. it all means nothing when its stranded on the sidelines, as your defense is worn down by an old school, grind it out offense.

In the end, the Razorbacks' Paleolithic offense smashed the trendy Texas Tech offense like a dinosaur would an Xbox game system. You can be using a Montblanc, but a pencil can do the same thing and it's really all about the person using it in the right hands.

Besides the offensive line, which was deserving of the game ball, the lack of penalties for the Razorbacks was impressive. If they Arkansas can play that way all season without committing unforced errors and limiting their penalties and things of that ilk, they will could possibly win a game they are not aren't supposed to. Brandon Allen always got them out of the huddle with plenty of time to spare. They did not have to burn timeouts on stupid things like not being ready or having the wrong personnel on the field. It was crisp to say in a word. Brandon Allen did a good job of managing the clock for the Razorbacks, getting the offense into its set and snapping the ball with plenty of time left on the game clock, only once encountering a defensive look he didn't like and burning a timeout as a result.

Being even more positive on Allen, twice on third and long he made the play Being even more positive of Allen, twice did he make a play on 3rd down to move the chains, which has been a question mark on Allen for a while now. This could be a sign that Allen is ready for a larger role in the offense than being just a game manager, and instead a playmaker and asset to the offense in crucial situations, such as third and long. moves him beyond just a caretaker on offense to the title of playmaker, which was not the case in the offseason. The time When he pump faked the a slew of Texas Tech defenders out of position and flashed into the end zone for a touchdown on Saturday, it had to be a pleasing moment for Razorback fans.

The defense even looked sharp at times, in particular in the secondary where they were seldom caught out of place and made several plays to break up passes. It was a great effort by the defense to hold the high-powered Tech offense to 28 points, even though they got a huge assist from their offense by keeping the Tech offense off the field.

Like I was grading an english paper. I only got about half way through before slamming my head into the keyboard. Please take an english course.

chitwnhog

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 15, 2014, 10:48:05 am
very good, robert.

the most glaring of the bad to me was the front four D as well.  i noticed it and posted it here on the game thread during the telecast.

the constant whiskey references were irritating but that jeff long thing and the follow up on that was infuriating.  wgas??!!

overall the gravy was so plentiful it was hard to see the potatoes at times.  but the front D four, hmmmmm.

So as far as you are concerned in your wealth of football knowledge we should have sold out on pass rush with the front 4? You do realize that we were playing an offense specifically designed to  attack that sort of defense...right? You also I am quite sure realize that one of our two interceptions came when we only rushed 2. Let that sink in for a minute.

Cave City Joe

No
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

jmb1973

Quote from: intelligence on September 15, 2014, 05:50:48 pm
Like I was grading an english paper. I only got about half way through before slamming my head into the keyboard. Please take an english course.

Robert has a worse record than Vanderbilt.  0-3 on the Season Robert. The head coach at Nicholls State quit, why won't you?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 15, 2014, 01:44:58 pm

+1  RAYCOM was Better than that MESS by ESPN on ABC!!!!

Great post today Robert.

Based on your posting history and your avatar you might want to try living in the present instead of the past....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Perhaps he was an art major. Heck he could have even been an english major. He could be a Mensa member for all you know. English doesn't have to be so damn specific all the time. We aren't here to write a PHD thesis. A person doesn't have to write well to be intelligent. Interesting someone that has the username intelligence would assume someone needs an english course when sometimes it isn't necessary to make a point.

The_Iceman

+1.....Robert Shields is a fraud.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 16, 2014, 07:20:00 am
+1.....Robert Shields is a fraud.

If you compare RS's articles to most others articles, he is NOT a fraud.

HognotinMemphis

How many sacks of the Tech QB? One? None? I have not seen the stat. And vast majority of the 45 passing attempts, he had ample time to throw. If the Hogs' D cannot pressure Tex Tech passer, they will likely find it even more difficult to pressure any SEC opponent's QB on pass plays.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogJowler on September 15, 2014, 12:26:47 pm
Who is "THIS" Robert Shields?  Didn't know he could actually say two or more positive things in a row.

How would you know anything about Robert Sheilds, noob?

PorkRinds

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 16, 2014, 09:03:11 am
How many sacks of the Tech QB? One? None? I have not seen the stat. And vast majority of the 45 passing attempts, he had ample time to throw. If the Hogs' D cannot pressure Tex Tech passer, they will likely find it even more difficult to pressure any SEC opponent's QB on pass plays.

They were obviously focusing on containing the run, while having more defenders in to stop the pass.