Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our O-Line was ranked 12th in the SEC

Started by WhewPig, September 15, 2014, 09:43:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhewPig

Before the season started SDS ranked our O-Line 12th in the SEC http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2014-position-groups-offensive-line/. I wonder what they would rank us now?
:razorback:

NaturalStateReb

12th in the SEC could still be like 15th in the nation.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Dumb ole famrboy

Sure it was the Mountain West but anytime a 5th year senior Mountain West All-Conference selection isn't part of the starting 5 - your OL must be pretty good.

Calvin Swine

Typical.  So much of the media only look at how the team did last year, how many graduated and then publish a rankings list.

It makes me appreciate a guest Bo had on his show a couple weeks ago.  I forget the guys name but it was one of the big Vegas gurus.  He had us ranked pretty high because he actually took the time to look at and grade each position.  IMHO if you want a closer to reality prediction look to the experts who make a living off of being right more often than not.  Then take the others who take a swipe at a half baked opinionated list with a grain of salt.

blyhog

Some of the teams ahead of us are tethered by the thought of what we will finish in SEC team standings.Otherwise, their is NO WAY to justify ranking this O-line that low in preseason. However it ain't how ya start its HOW YA FINISH BABY

Hogwild

Remember that is the same site that ranked Vandy's head coach ahead of Miles, CBB, & Richt.