Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks Host Northern Illinois Under the Lights (FACTS and STATS)

Started by Scott Marshall, September 15, 2014, 09:07:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

5 #RAZORFACTS

1.   Junior RB Jonathan Williams leads the nation with 9.76 yards per carry. The Razorbacks are averaging 7.93 yards per carry, also the nation's best.

2.   RBs Jonathan Williams (6) and Alex Collins (5) have already set career records for most TDs in a season, just three games into the 2014 campaign.

3.   Head coach @BretBielema is 32-2 (.941) in his career vs. non-conference opponents in the regular season.

4.   Arkansas will play the toughest schedule in the nation in 2014 according to the NCAA, with its opponents combining for a 103-54 (.656) record in 2013.

5.   Head coach @BretBielema is 30-6 (.833) in his head coaching career during the month of September.

STORYLINES
•   Arkansas and Northern Illinois feature two of the nation's top rushing offenses. The Razorbacks enter Week 3 averaging 362.0 rushing yards per game, the 2nd-best mark in the nation. The Huskies have the 7th-best rushing offense in the nation, averaging 325.3 rushing yards per game.

•   The Razorback rushing attack is gaining national attention as the most physical ground game in the country. Here are how the Hogs' rushing statistics rank in the SEC and FBS:

Category     Stat   SEC   National
J. Williams (Yards Per Carry)   9.76   1   1
Rushing Yards Per Carry   7.93   1   1
Rushing Offense Per Game   362.0   1   2
J. Williams (Rushing TDs)   6   1   3
A. Collins (Total Rushing Yards)   411   1   7
A. Collins (Rushing TDs)   5   2   8
A. Collins (Yards Per Carry)   8.22   4   8
A. Collins (Rushing Yards Per Game)   137.0   3   10
J. Williams (Total Rushing Yards)   322   3   22
J. Williams (Rushing Yards Per Game)   107.3   5   26

•   Arkansas has now scored 122 points in its past two games. It is the most points the Razorbacks have scored in back-to-back games since the final two games of the 1928 season.

•   Through three games, the Razorbacks have rushed for 14 TDs, which equals its total from last year is two more than the team had in 2012. It also equals or betters the total in 15 seasons dating back to 1947.

•   The Razorbacks and Huskies have only faced off one time previously, with Arkansas defeating Northern Illinois 30-27 on Nov. 12, 1994. QB Barry Lunney Jr. rushed for a late game-winning TD to win the contest. Lunney Jr. is now the Arkansas tight ends coach.

•   Northern Illinois has won 26 consecutive regular season contests and 27 of their last 30 games overall. The Huskies have the nation's longest road winning streak (17). The last time Northern Illinois lost a true road game was on Oct. 1, 2011 when the Huskies fell at Central Michigan, 48-41.

•   Arkansas' 2014 opponents have lost just five games and are 28-5 overall. Eight of the Razorbacks' foes are still unbeaten, including all six opponents in the SEC West Division.

•   Arkansas plays seven games against the preseason AP Top 25, tied for the most in the nation with Auburn. The Razorbacks will play No. 2 Alabama, at No. 5 Auburn, No. 12 Georgia, No. 13 LSU, No. 18 Ole Miss, vs. No. 21 Texas A&M and at No. 24 Missouri.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ZERO

Here's another interesting stat: NIU has played eight opponents who have ended the season 1-11 through 2010-2013, and played five of those alone last year. They've played 29 opponents with losing records and four FCS opponents in this time frame.

NIU has greatly benefited from some padded stats. The fact that they've won 11 games or more every year the past four years and are currently 3-0 doesn't scare me in the slightest.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 15, 2014, 03:20:00 pm
That QB they had is GONE! So we will grind them to dust.

Maybe, but it kind of depends on how good his replacement is I think.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

MJ2

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2014, 03:28:07 pm
Maybe, but it kind of depends on how good his replacement is I think.

Brother NIL is not TAMU A QB like Lynch land at schools like NIL once every 50 years.
Example Southern Miss had Brent Farr back in the 1980's and beat Auburn  but they never had another one like him yet.
NIL does reload they shoot blanks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 15, 2014, 08:52:09 pm
Brother NIL is not TAMU A QB like Lynch land at schools like NIL once every 50 years.
Example Southern Miss had Brent Farr back in the 1980's and beat Auburn  but they never had another one like him yet.
NIL does reload they shoot blanks.

By the vast odds you are certainly correct, but I'm going to wait to see the kid play before I come to that conclusion.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858