Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN SEC Blog

Started by tannerstahl, September 15, 2014, 09:03:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerstahl

FWIW still not in their bowl projections, but we're up in the power rankings!

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/88623/sec-bowl-projections-week-3-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/88610/sec-power-rankings-week-3-3

surprising to me they have aTm #1 in the power rankings...GO HOGS!!!
i love the hogs....so very very much

Hollywood_HOGan45

replace florida or Tennessee with Arkansas.

If we can somehow get to 6 or 7 Ws. the Liberty bowl will be all over Arkasnas.

Biggus Piggus

Anyone else confused about the SEC right now?

ESPN rates Texas A&M first in the SEC. If you believed the South Carolina team the Aggies beat was the one that handled Georgia, makes all kinds of sense. Did you see both games? The Gamecocks played so well against Georgia it makes one wonder what the heck happened in game one.

Auburn is No. 2 in ESPN's power rankings, and once again -- how much different was that Arkansas team that went to Lubbock and won going away? It's clear that Auburn is very good, but we'll know much more Thursday night.

Feels like Alabama and LSU are 3-4 by default. The Tide played a so-so game to beat West Virginia then used the next two games as practices. I would be surprised if Bama had any trouble with Florida this week, but this might be the first true read on them. LSU almost deserved to lose to Wisconsin. Like Bama, LSU's next two opponents were weaklings. LSU might be good on defense, but their offense is suspect. Alabama is more likely to be good on both sides.

It's kinda weird to see ESPN rate South Carolina and Georgia 5-6 when Ole Miss and Missouri have been more impressive. Mississippi State had a hard time with UAB, but the Bulldogs have some good-looking defensive stats. In that lump between Florida, Arkansas, Kentucky and Tennessee, there might not be much difference.
[CENSORED]!