Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We will be lucky to keep all asst coaches intact for 2015

Started by LASLOPHAWG, September 15, 2014, 12:26:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

Pittman isn't going anywhere.  He is making 500,000 a year not many teams will pay that..

chitwnhog

Quote from: LASLOPHAWG on September 16, 2014, 12:16:39 am
Three hog night, first of all, I totally agree with you that we beat a decent team.  That win will go a long way toward building much needed confidence.  I don't know where you got the idea that this was a sky is falling post.  My post was pretty straight forward about the possibility of losing high level coaches on the staff like Pittman.  Nothing more nothing less.

About my "just" ten post?  As you can see, that I rarely do post.  That certainly doesn't mean that I can post a topic on here that you or anybody else can weigh in on.  Besides this is a forum where there is a variety of topics that we all can post our opinions, rants, what we think, etc.  I do get a lot of enjoyment reading the topics that I may be interested in and seeing peoples points of view and I certainly like the entertainment value of most of these post.  I didn't know that the amount of post the you do on here makes one more or less of an "expert" or their number of post makes somebody more important than someone who posts a topic or opinion just on occasion.  Because I will be first to admit, if the number of post is an indication of how unimportant someones thread or opinion is, I'm going to be the #1 dumb arse on here because I certainly won't have 3100 + post like you do.  I wouldn't have that many if I had 20 more lives.

I'll probably have another new thread or two later that I will post.  You and everybody else are certainly welcome to chime in if you feel like it.  After all, I like to hear others opinions and takes.  You may have a little different angle on somethings, a total different view or another way of looking at things that I haven't even thought about.  That's what I like when I get on here.  You'll never hear me say things like "you only have ten post on here, is that the best you got?"  Do like me, if you see a thread that you care to post on, do so.  If you don't care or like the topic, move on.  I won't be condescending to a poster.  If and when I do post by the way, I prefer quality over quantity.

Well as far as I am concerned you are a troll of the highest order and I will now put you on Ignore so I don't have to be burdened with your drivel.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: LASLOPHAWG on September 16, 2014, 12:45:54 am
Hoggish! I don't know where you got that it would be wishful thinking on my part that he would leave.  Quite the contrary, it would be nice to keep this whole staff in place next year for continuity purposes.  These last 2 year of coaching attrition have been brutal.  I hope you are right about him staying for awhile.  I was just pointing out that when there is more money involved and that he thinks he can advance his career whether it would be another school or the pros, that he would take that under consideration

He has little interest in being an offensive coordinator. He seems content with being a position coach. He makes a fat grip of money here, and I'm sure the RF would pony up more to keep him when the time comes. The only place he may go is the NFL, but honestly, there is a difference between college and pros with coaching. Does he wanna try the NFL? Maybe. Is it worth the risk? Maybe.......I'd say we have a 5% chance of losing Pittman in the offseason....Thats small enough for me not to worry about it.
This is my non-signature signature.

Seebs

from the interwebs:

What is the average salary for an offensive line coach in the NFL?

A great many things factor into this number. Most OL coaches have secondary and tertiary duties with a team that make their salaries greater than if they were limited to coacing OL only. However with the current lineup of OL coaches.....
In the 1980's the average salary was $45,000.00
In the 1990's the average salary was $80,000.00
In 2000 the average salary was $160,000.00
Today (2009) the average salary is about 200K - $225,000.00
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.