Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B Walkon Program

Started by MH04, September 14, 2014, 10:43:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MH04

2 former walkons playing on O in AJ Derby and Arinze, and 2 current walkons played on D in the tech game, Richardson at corner and Roesler at d end. Gotta love this kind of player development

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: MH04 on September 14, 2014, 10:43:55 pm
2 former walkons playing on O in AJ Derby and Arinze, and 2 current walkons played on D in the tech game, Richardson at corner and Roesler at d end. Gotta love this kind of player development
Completely agree. CBB made a few comments about Josh Harris the walk on LB from Watson Chapel as well. (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1543071/joshua-harris)
  And no one is saying his name now but I think the U of A got a steal with Jake Hall from Harber. I know he isn't a walk on but he has a blue chip work ethic and is being red shirted this year. I got a feeling that his RJR/RSR year he will be a beast. 110% effort on every down. (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/498928/highlights/28000373)

hview

Is Chris Jones still with the team? I believe this is the correct name. He was walkon from South Arkansas, projected for FB. At one time he received some good comments from CBB.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: hview on September 15, 2014, 12:54:48 am
Is Chris Jones still with the team? I believe this is the correct name. He was walkon from South Arkansas, projected for FB. At one time he received some good comments from CBB.
Yes he is. I don't know if he was on the travel squad in the last game. I'm pretty sure he got on the field against Nicholls.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on September 15, 2014, 01:16:59 am
Yes he is. I don't know if he was on the travel squad in the last game. I'm pretty sure he got on the field against Nicholls.
He did play a little against Nicholls St.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

twistitup

We need to encourage Texas walk ons to come up - no out of state tuition charged and it's a beautiful area compared to Texas
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Piggfoot

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on September 15, 2014, 12:19:48 am
Completely agree. CBB made a few comments about Josh Harris the walk on LB from Watson Chapel as well. (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1543071/joshua-harris)
  And no one is saying his name now but I think the U of A got a steal with Jake Hall from Harber. I know he isn't a walk on but he has a blue chip work ethic and is being red shirted this year. I got a feeling that his RJR/RSR year he will be a beast. 110% effort on every down. (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/498928/highlights/28000373)

Joshua has cat quick reflexes and a great nose for the ball. He's a little small now but hopefully he will grow. His Dad, Jackie Harris NFL, is 6'4''. However his older brother Jackie Jr. is a 5' 8-9" fireplug.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: twistitup on September 15, 2014, 06:18:19 am
We need to encourage Texas walk ons to come up - no out of state tuition charged and it's a beautiful area compared to Texas

I know we've got a freshman walk-on running back from The Woodlands.  He'll probably never play, but every football player on the team has connections.  And you know he'll say good things about the program to his old high school coaches. 

Vantage 8 dude

You would have to think the walk on program has to be a huge draw for kids who may be "on the fringe" when it comes to major college football talent. We saw years ago the huge positive impact it had on the Nebraska program when they were kind of known as the walk on king program of college football".

Not only does it encourage kids who might have otherwise to have the talent to play to take a shot, but it also goes a long way to prove that CBB is serious about wanting to give kids a chance to work hard and eventually earn a scholarship. It's how he earned his time playing at Iowa after all. One other thing: kids have to LOVE how he gives them the opportunity and further cements the relationships he's trying to build all around the country. BTW don't over look the fact that these kids talk to their friends and that other high school players take note as a result. A "win-win" all the way around!

regi

In fairness, Derby was once a 4star highly recruited guy. The Roesler kid had Scholarship offers, including Cincy

Paul

I've seen Anthony Antwine in the last 2 games

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Paul on September 15, 2014, 12:49:10 pm
I've seen Anthony Antwine in the last 2 games
You're totally correct sir.

scruf

Yeah, Antwine looking good. Had a nice catch against Nicholls and made some physical blocks against TTU.