Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The SEC West

Started by NaturalStateReb, September 14, 2014, 09:13:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on October 27, 2014, 06:07:04 pm
Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  7h 7 hours ago
Trollin', trollin', trollin' RT @ESPNCFB: Here are @dannykanell's Top 5 teams with 1 loss.

So he has Oregon, Alabama and awbern tied for #1?  8)

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  8 hours ago
3 SEC West teams made the #CFBPlayoff Top 4, but how many will survive? The road only gets tougher in the @SEC: http://www.secsports.com/video/11781357/bulldogs-top-new-cfp-rankings ...

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Two good ones going on in the SEC-W tonight.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  20 minutes ago
Check out the latest ESPN power rankings -- @HailStateFB remains No. 1, while @FootballAU moves up to No. 3 http://es.pn/1qURcsl

Also, Bama is sixth, Ole Miss 13th, and LSU 16th.

The Hogs' SEC East opponents, UGa is 17th and Mizzou is 25th.

jbcarol

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll

1. State  40 of 62 1st place votes
3. AU
4. Bama
13. OM
15. LSU
17. UGa (biggest drop from #9)

26. Mizzou

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  29m 29 minutes ago
SEC Power Rankings: Week 10 http://es.pn/1t2DiCf

SEC-W holds the top five spots.  SEC-E anchors down the four bottom places.

Hog opponents hold eight of the top nine spots.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  4 hours ago
Best Chance to Win #SEC West:
(according to FPI)
Mississippi State - 48%
Alabama - 30%
Auburn - 15%

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  18 hours ago

Best Chance to Win Out: (according to FPI) • Ole Miss - 40.3% • Alabama - 19.2% • Auburn - 16.4% • LSU - 10.9% • Miss St - 7.1%

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  48 minutes ago

No. 1 in http://AL.com  SEC Power Poll no longer unanimous | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/DWnkf

QuoteThis week's AL.com SEC Power Poll:

1. Mississippi State -- 139 (9)

2. Auburn -- 131 (1)

3. Alabama -- 119

4. Ole Miss -- 108

5. LSU -- 102

6. Georgia -- 87

7. Missouri -- 77

jbcarol

JC Shurburtt @jcshurburtt  ·  Nov 6

Five-way #SECWest tie is still in play http://bit.ly/1xiGQ7q  @Sonny247 @CharlesGPower @Keith247Sports @PJ247Sports

QuoteThe "SEC West armageddon" scenario of a five-way tie for first in that division, ultimately breaking the tie by conference record of each team's SEC East opponents, is still alive following last Saturday's action.

Here's what has to happen for the five-way free-for-all to occur.

-LSU must win the remainder of its conference games.
-Ole Miss must win the remainder of its conference games.
-Alabama must defeat Mississippi State and Auburn at home, but lose at LSU on Saturday night.
-Auburn must defeat Texas A&M and Georgia, then lose the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa.
-Mississippi State must lose to Alabama and Ole Miss.

jbcarol

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  2 hours ago
It Ain't Over 'til it's Over. Who will win the #SEC West?

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  3 hours ago

#Bama gets #MissSt & #Auburn at home. I know Tide's 2 toughest gms were on road but still..Blake Sims QB rating at home: 209. Sims away: 129

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  7 hours ago
Could Ole Miss still win the SEC West? There's one scenario that makes it possible. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/11/11/ole-miss-sec-west-playoff-hopes/18852925/ ...

jbcarol

jbcarol

The SEC West now has two one-loss teams.

jbcarol

SEC West dropped two to SEC East teams last night:  Auburn to Georgia and A&M to Mizzou.

jbcarol

ESPN CollegeFootball @ESPNCFB  ·  10 hours ago
Who's in? @CFBPlayoff according to @mark_may »

jbcarol

Danny Kanell @dannykanell  ·  Nov 15

So after all that "SEC West vs everyone else" talk, now it sure looks like the same as every other year. Alabama and then the rest.

jbcarol

Irrelevant SEC Stats @SECstats  ·  23 hours ago

This is why we can't have nice things.

Irrelevant SEC Stats @SECstats  ·  20 hours ago

Started to make one of these for the SEC East, then I remembered Vanderbilt can't win an SEC game. (0-6) https://twitter.com/SECstats/status/534377410675081216 ...

ATLHog

SIAP-
This pic from twitter sums it up-

[attachment deleted by admin]

ricepig

Yeah, the caption on it read, "Why the SECw can't have nice things"

Ragnar Hogbrok

Wow.  That's clever and pretty accurate.  Really sums it all up.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

Yep that sums it up now the Hogs just need to win out and BAMA goes to the SEC Title Game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgzinbowlz

Bring your A game or get your A handed to you.

Beat Ole' Miss.

" GO HOGS "

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2 hours ago

Alabama, Missouri in driver's seat, but three other teams alive in SEC divisional races | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/Exj8e

QuoteThe path to Atlanta is clear for Alabama and Missouri. If Alabama (9-1) beats Auburn on Nov. 29 and Missouri (8-2) wins its next two games against Tennessee and Arkansas, the Crimson Tide and Tigers will meet in the Georgia Dome on Dec. 6 in the SEC championship game...

State: The Bulldogs (9-1) suffered their first loss of the season last Saturday with a 25-20 defeat at Alabama. That gives the Crimson Tide the tie-breaker over the Bulldogs with both teams having only one conference loss. Should Alabama lose to Auburn, however, Mississippi State would clinch the SEC West with wins in its final two games over Vanderbilt and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss: At 8-2 and 4-2 in the SEC, the Rebels need the most help. For Ole Miss to win the SEC West, Alabama would have to lose to Auburn and Ole Miss would then need to beat Mississippi State...

NoNC4Tubs

We already know the answer to that.

The discussion shpould be: Which Conference/Division is the SECOND toughest in all of CFB?  8)

jbcarol

Chuck Dunlap @SEC_Chuck  ·  3 hours ago
For the first time in history, an entire division in the SEC will advance to the postseason.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  1 hour ago
All SEC West teams bowl eligible. 1st division to have every team bowl eligible since 2008 ACC Atlantic

jbcarol

Stewart Mandel @slmandel  ·  3 hours ago

SEC West 28-0 non conference record includes current first place teams in Big 12 (KSt), B1G West (Wisconsin), Mtn West (Boise).

HamIAm

Quote from: jbcarol on November 23, 2014, 01:50:17 pm
Stewart Mandel @slmandel  ·  3 hours ago

SEC West 28-0 non conference record includes current first place teams in Big 12 (KSt), B1G West (Wisconsin), Mtn West (Boise).

but we don't play anyone out of conference

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  6 hours ago
Ole Miss and Mississippi State has opened as a pick 'em, according to @TwitVI.

hogfan870

I know some will probably tell me to go look it up, but I bet someone has already researched it.

Right now, us, A&M, and LSU are the only unranked SEC West teams.

LSU and A&M play, so that will hurt one of them, but I think if the loser wins their bowl game, they will still have a chance.

That brings up another question.  Has any division ever gone undefeated in bowl games.  Seems like I read that it has happened that one of the ACC divisions had ever team bowl eligible, but didn't know the results.

Just thought this could be something fun to watch.  If the West is as strong as people have been claiming all year, it could happen.

GolfnHog

The ACC did send all teams from one of their divisions to a bowl game a few years back but that division didn't have 8 teams in it and they certainly didn't play SEC type teams week in and week out.

To answer your question about them all winning, I have no idea. Hell, I've slept since then and don't usually remember what I had for breakfast!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hogsanity

I doubt LSu AND A&m can both end up ranked. As the OP pointed out, one of those will end the reg season with a loss Thur night.  If LSU wins, no way A&M gets ranked, even if they win their bowl game.  IF A&M wins, it is doubtful LSU can get back to the top 25, even with a bowl win, because they would have lost 4 of their last 5 sec games.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

trashcan maN

Quote from: GolfnHog on November 24, 2014, 10:50:43 am
The ACC did send all teams from one of their divisions to a bowl game a few years back but that division didn't have 8 teams in it and they certainly didn't play SEC type teams week in and week out.

To answer your question about them all winning, I have no idea. Hell, I've slept since then and don't usually remember what I had for breakfast!
ESPN said SECW was the first division in BCS history to get all teams bowl eligible.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 24, 2014, 10:54:02 am
ESPN said SECW was the first division in BCS history to get all teams bowl eligible.

BCS only started in 1998

hogwild77

Quote from: hogfan870 on November 24, 2014, 10:45:37 am
I know some will probably tell me to go look it up, but I bet someone has already researched it.

Right now, us, A&M, and LSU are the only unranked SEC West teams.

LSU and A&M play, so that will hurt one of them, but I think if the loser wins their bowl game, they will still have a chance.

That brings up another question.  Has any division ever gone undefeated in bowl games.  Seems like I read that it has happened that one of the ACC divisions had ever team bowl eligible, but didn't know the results.

Just thought this could be something fun to watch.  If the West is as strong as people have been claiming all year, it could happen.

In this week of the season, Bama, LSU, and Ark were ranked 1, 2, 3, in 2012 I believe. Maybe it was 2011.

trashcan maN

From SDS:

The Razorbacks' victory makes them bowl eligible, the first time an entire Power 5 division's been bowl eligible since the ACC Atlantic in 2008. It is however the first time a seven-team division has accomplished the feat.

hogfan870

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2014, 10:52:39 am
I doubt LSu AND A&m can both end up ranked. As the OP pointed out, one of those will end the reg season with a loss Thur night.  If LSU wins, no way A&M gets ranked, even if they win their bowl game.  IF A&M wins, it is doubtful LSU can get back to the top 25, even with a bowl win, because they would have lost 4 of their last 5 sec games.

I agree that it would seem unlikely, but if A&M destroys a good/decent team in their bowl, it seems possible that they could still get ranked, even with a loss to LSU.  I think the same about LSU, a big bowl win and they could be ranked, even if they lose to A&M.  Anyway, it will be one of those fun things to watch.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogfan870 on November 24, 2014, 11:24:29 am
I agree that it would seem unlikely, but if A&M destroys a good/decent team in their bowl, it seems possible that they could still get ranked, even with a loss to LSU.  I think the same about LSU, a big bowl win and they could be ranked, even if they lose to A&M.  Anyway, it will be one of those fun things to watch.

If A&m loses Thur they will have lost 5 of their last 6 SEC games. If LSu loses they will have lost 3 in a row. Going to be next to impossible for both to end up ranked after the bowls.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogfan870

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2014, 11:35:46 am
If A&m loses Thur they will have lost 5 of their last 6 SEC games. If LSu loses they will have lost 3 in a row. Going to be next to impossible for both to end up ranked after the bowls.

I don't know.  Myabe not, but I think at 8-5 either one of them could end up ranked (and the other would be 9-4 and likely ranked).  I think it may be easier for LSU, but 8-5 LSU with a big bowl win could very well be ranked.  Heck, we think we will be ranked at 7-5.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogfan870 on November 24, 2014, 03:10:29 pm
I don't know.  Myabe not, but I think at 8-5 either one of them could end up ranked (and the other would be 9-4 and likely ranked).  I think it may be easier for LSU, but 8-5 LSU with a big bowl win could very well be ranked.  Heck, we think we will be ranked at 7-5.

Big difference. 7-5 on a 3 game sec win streak, with at least two of those dominating performances. Time will tell.  Fun to actually be talking about it, considering what the Hogs were facing just over two weeks ago.

jbcarol

November 24, 2014, 03:29:27 pm #298 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:39:36 pm by jbcarol
ESPN CollegeFootball @ESPNCFB  ·  2 hours ago
Is SEC West the best division in college football? [yes.]

SEC Network @SECNetwork  · 
How deep is the #SEC West? The Arkansas Razorbacks are in last place and ranked 26th in the AP Poll.

Hogdomer