Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark vs NIU predict the score

Started by reddogjcss, September 14, 2014, 09:10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

reddogjcss

HogFanInBryant

Based on what I just read if they truly are decent against the run...I am gonna have to say they cover the spread yet we win the game:

Hogs 31
NI 20

Boared feet

Hogs ground game runs wild this week! 44-14 :razorback:

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

fakebobholt

Fayettechill14

I'll go 42-17.

Their rush defense is decent, but their pass defense is horrendously horrible. UNLV threw for 397 yards on them.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

38-13 Hogs

Defense has their best game so far this year. (Nichols doesn't count)

Offense is more balanced this week. We throw the ball more, just not sure if it's going to be because we want to, need to, or just because we can.

Really enjoyed the TT game and pounding it down their throats. Could watch that every week. But, hope we get some more passing experience before we go back to conference.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 15, 2014, 12:28:00 am
I'll go 42-17.

Their rush defense is decent, but their pass defense is horrendously horrible. UNLV threw for 397 yards on them.

So we see a lot of play action this week?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

harrisburghog

BB will see ball control turned on him Saturday, NI-31 AR-21

shotgun7

Quote from: harrisburghog on September 15, 2014, 06:12:13 am
BB will see ball control turned on him Saturday, NI-31 AR-21

Really?  ??? Do you think NI is really that good? or that the hogs are still just that bad?

Rhog

ouhogfan

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

three hog night

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 15, 2014, 12:28:00 am
I'll go 42-17.

Brandon Allen and the receivers will be much more active this week.   We work on some wrinkles in the passing game.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Hollywood_HOGan45

We won't be able to run the rock every single play like we did against Tech but the score will look similar to this past week.  Allen and the TEs will show out.

45-24

RyeHogFan

45-28, Hogs

Northern Illinois has put up some pretty good numbers against mediocre competition (FBS opponents=UNLV and Northwestern).  Their run defense has been pretty good (87 YPG vs. FBS schools), but their pass defense has been a major weakness (359 YPG vs. FBS). Their offense has been really balanced (276 rushing, 232 passing vs. FBS).

It'll be very interesting to see how their run defense stacks up against us. I really think we'll see plenty of success in our running game, but I also think we're going to see BA throw for a few TDs and about 150-200 yards against their horrible pass defense.

Hoggiedawg

StuartDavin

Line is 14.5 right now. I think NIU gets the backdoor cover late. Something like 34-24 Hogs.

bphi11ips

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 14, 2014, 09:16:44 pm
Based on what I just read if they truly are decent against the run...I am gonna have to say they cover the spread yet we win the game:

Hogs 31
NI 20

I think this is about right.  NIU is a good football team on a 17 game road winning streak, but they had Jordan Lynch for all but Northwestern this year, and they lost to Iowa on a neutral field during the streak close to home (Soldier Field) in 2012. 

Other than Northwestern this year, NIU has beaten two Power Five teams on the road during the streak.  They beat an Iowa team that finished 8-5 and played LSU tough in the Outback bowl in a 21-14 loss.  The other win was over a Purdue team that finished 1-11 last year.   

Notwithstanding the "road" streak, NIU lost to Utah State 21-14 in the Poinsettia Bowl last year and to Bowling Green in the MAC championship game.  They lost 31-10 to 10-2 Florida State in the Orange Bowl the year before when EJ Manuel was the Seminoles QB.  That team was not the same team that won the NC last year, and NIU had Lynch.

NIU is not a small school with an enrollment of over 21,000.  The Huskies may be better as a whole than Texas Tech.  Their roster is loaded with players from Wisconsin and the Chicago area.  They will present a middle of the pack B1G type of challenge. 

At the end of the day, NIU is moving up in class this weekend.  Arkansas is much more physical than the Utah State team that beat them in the bowl game last year and is probably comparable to the FSU team who beat them in the Orange bowl the year before.  I look for NIU to try and punch the Hogs in the mouth early, but they won't have the horses to last 4 quarters with a physical team that is starting to buy in to the Bielema plan. 

Another winning streak comes to an end this Saturday courtesy of the Razorbacks. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hawgzinbowlz

NIU007

Utah State's defense was ranked #7 in the country, and FSU was #2 when we played them. If Arkansas's defense is really that good, we'll have no chance at all. Considering Texas Tech put up 28 against Arkansas while scoring 30 against UTEP and 42 against Central Arkansas, I doubt Arkansas' D is quite that good.

010HogFan

Quote from: NIU007 on September 15, 2014, 10:48:28 am
Utah State's defense was ranked #7 in the country, and FSU was #2 when we played them. If Arkansas's defense is really that good, we'll have no chance at all. Considering Texas Tech put up 28 against Arkansas while scoring 30 against UTEP and 42 against Central Arkansas, I doubt Arkansas' D is quite that good.

This will be the best team NIU has played since Florida State. I think that's what he was trying to say.

hogcard1964

I think I predicted 52-10 Hogs earlier.

I'm sticking with that.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NIU007

On offense they probably will be. On defense, I doubt it, that's all I'm saying. They will probably be the best overall team since FSU.

Dark Helmet Hog

sooie84

Going to be a close game. If we win the turnover battle I can see Hogs winning by 7-10. If not then could be a toss up. NIU is better suited to play us than Texas Tech. That's why I'm not buying into a win going away. We are still a team with holes to fill. We are getting there and I am pleased with progress so far.

Dr. Starcs

I'll go on the record (for now) with 37-20 Hogs

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mulberry Squeezins

Bacon_Bitz

This is going to be a really tough game.  NIU wins a lot of games, but I do think they benefit from being a sort-of-big fish in a little pond.  I do think they are better coached than TTU, and probably a tougher test, but at least this game is at home. 

Their run defense looks legit, but only because they have yet to play a legit running team.  We should be able to control the LOS again, and pass on their secondary when needed.  Our secondary will be tested again, and I expect NIU to connect on one or two deep balls to keep them in the game just when we could have put it away. 

I would like another convincing blowout, but I think NIU keeps it closer than we'd like.

31-21 Arkansas

sooie84

After watching the UNLV game, besides running attack they do have a couple big WR's with speed that can be a threat down the field. Hope our defense is ready to play.

bphi11ips

Quote from: NIU007 on September 15, 2014, 10:48:28 am

I was trying to give NIU the credit it deserves, but if you think you're not moving up in class from Utah State to Arkansas you haven't been paying much attention. 

Utah State and the MWC is not Arkansas and the SEC.  Utah State lost 6 starters from its 2013 defense, but Tennessee shredded what was left 38-7.  Tennessee may have one of the three worst offenses in the SEC. 

True Fan

52-10 Arkansas

Hogs do whatever they want all game long. It will start with running it right down their throat. NIU defense isn't any better than TT's. We might not throw 12 passes. Why show ATM anything?

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

NIU007

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 15, 2014, 12:19:41 pm
I was trying to give NIU the credit it deserves, but if you think you're not moving up in class from Utah State to Arkansas you haven't been paying much attention. 

Utah State and the MWC is not Arkansas and the SEC.  Utah State lost 6 starters from its 2013 defense, but Tennessee shredded what was left 38-7.  Tennessee may have one of the three worst offenses in the SEC.

That's more than half of their defense. I would say that results in a much different team. Utah State didn't have much of an offense without Keaton so I'm not surprised they wouldn't score many points if their offense this year is similar. Arkansas would have a much better offense I'm sure. But I don't think their defense is as good as last year's Utah State. And definitely not as good as FSU's defense when we played them.

bphi11ips

Quote from: True Fan on September 15, 2014, 12:26:33 pm
52-10 Arkansas

Hogs do whatever they want all game long. It will start with running it right down their throat. NIU defense isn't any better than TT's. We might not throw 12 passes. Why show ATM anything?

NIU is giving up 80 ypg rushing.  Arkansas will have to throw the football some. 

Paul

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 15, 2014, 12:50:23 pm
NIU is giving up 80 ypg rushing.  Arkansas will have to throw the football some.

They have played Presbyterian, Northwestern, and UNLV. 

The Presbyterian Blue Hose (awesome name) ran for 69 yards on 31 attempts.  Presbyterian only ran for 100 yards on 36 attempts against Furman.

UNLV's rushing attack is ranked 87th at 140 yards per game - NIU held them to 102 yards on 32 attempts.

Northwestern has the 117th best rushing attack in the land at 90 yards per game - NIU held them to 72 yards on 37 attempts.

NIU's rushing defense is likely better than TTU's, but not nearly as good as Auburn's.  NIU's stats, like any team's are skewed by early season opposition at this point.  Whoever plays Army the first week always lead the nation in pass defense for one week.

I think we'll be able to run, just looking at their roster.  I am revising my 31-21 prediction to 38-21.

Kingfish

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 15, 2014, 12:50:23 pm
NIU is giving up 80 ypg rushing

I think there are some circumstances that could explain that YPG avg.  They curb stomped the eyes outta poor Presbyterian and Northwestern, as bad as their team was rushing the ball, they still had two RBs that avg almost 4yds a carry.

And UNLV as a team avg'd 3.2+ ypc (they looked like they got the ball into the hands of some WRs for longish runs but still...).  No doubt, NIU had UNLV on their heels coming out after the half, 28-5 but still they let UNLV back into the game via the run game.

I think we pickup right where we left off last week in Lubbock, we just roll up rinse/repeat...they avg. just under 6'2 and about 256lbs, better that TTU but still not SEC standards.  I don't think they will be a problem for this OLine!

52-27 HOGS!

DeltaBoy

52 -14  Brandon hits 3 different WR for 30-70 yard TD plays as the Hogs Grind the Dogs to Dust.

400 yard rushing 250 passing and 40 minutes of HELL by the Offense.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KCHOGFAN

Großer Kriegschwein

55-14 Arkansas

Williams=150
Collins=140

BA=15-20  190 yds, 2 TD
This is my non-signature signature.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 15, 2014, 01:12:03 pm
They have played Presbyterian, Northwestern, and UNLV. 

The Presbyterian Blue Hose (awesome name) ran for 69 yards on 31 attempts.  Presbyterian only ran for 100 yards on 36 attempts against Furman.

UNLV's rushing attack is ranked 87th at 140 yards per game - NIU held them to 102 yards on 32 attempts.

Northwestern has the 117th best rushing attack in the land at 90 yards per game - NIU held them to 72 yards on 37 attempts.

NIU's rushing defense is likely better than TTU's, but not nearly as good as Auburn's.  NIU's stats, like any team's are skewed by early season opposition at this point.  Whoever plays Army the first week always lead the nation in pass defense for one week.

I think we'll be able to run, just looking at their roster.  I am revising my 31-21 prediction to 38-21.

We'll be able to run on UNI, but we won't be able to rely upon it exclusively between the tackles like we did against Tech. 

There are reasons UNI has a 17 game road winning streak.  One of those is they play good defense.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

jm

SemperFi

I don't plan on overlooking any opponent on the schedule or consider any one game a sure win or lose. NIU has beaten 2-1 Presbyterian (FCS), 0-2 Northwestern and 1-2 UNLV. Not quite the resume of a giant killer, but to say that they're just an average team is like saying Dan Skipper has a sweet disposition on the field. NIU runs the spread and can go uptempo. I believe NIU is a good football team, but the Hogs will be bigger, stronger and man for man, faster. I do expect them to come out ready to play because they're obviously well coached, but the Hogs will wear them down and put this game away in the 3rd qtr.

44-20 Hogs
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

HoggusMaximus

FORTVEGAS