Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vegas has the Hogs as a 15 1/2 point favorite over Northern Illinois

Started by HogFanInBryant, September 14, 2014, 08:56:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

I am a bit surprised that we are not at least a 21 point favorite...but I don't know much about Northern Illinois this year.  Just wanted to pass the info on!

hawgbawb

Too many points, IMO. Vegas knows hog fans are a little delirious after the TT beat down.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

rljjr

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 14, 2014, 08:56:56 pm
I am a bit surprised that we are not at least a 21 point favorite...but I don't know much about Northern Illinois this year.  Just wanted to pass the info on!

NIU is currently 3-0 after beating Presbyterian, Northwestern, and UNLV. I think they match up better scheme-wise with us than Tech did. I'd love to see them play tech because I think they could take them. They have some big bodies on both side of the ball and run as well as they pass for the most part. Their secondary is their defensive weakness. They have been pretty good against the run, although they haven't faced an attack like ours.

This team is better than Tech, but I think we can throw on them to open up the run. If BA gets his accuracy better this week on deep balls it could be a light show at RRS. If not, who knows.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on September 14, 2014, 08:56:56 pm

Early money moving the line.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=574741.0

Phil D

I honestly think we handle this one fairly easily, A&M on the other hand is a whole other level. We will truly get a good measuring stick in two weeks. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: rljjr on September 14, 2014, 09:03:18 pm
NIU is currently 3-0 after beating Presbyterian, Northwestern, and UNLV. I think they match up better scheme-wise with us than Tech did. I'd love to see them play tech because I think they could take them. They have some big bodies on both side of the ball and run as well as they pass for the most part. Their secondary is their defensive weakness. They have been pretty good against the run, although they haven't faced an attack like ours.

This team is better than Tech, but I think we can throw on them to open up the run. If BA gets his accuracy better this week on deep balls it could be a light show at RRS. If not, who knows.

Thanks for the info.  It doesn't sound like they are gonna come into Fayetteville and roll over and play dead for us by any means.  Scrappy little teams like this can be scary if we make mistakes.  If the line opened up at 12 then it seems like it would take a good chunk of $ to move it this far above 14.  Hope we don't come out sloppy!