Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HUGE basketball recruiting weekend at Mizzou

Started by mizzouman, September 14, 2014, 08:11:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

#35 power forward, 6'10 Thomas Bryant and #9 PG Isaiah Briscoe to take an official visit Oct 11th.

Let's see what happens.

lc480

I bet no one in Arkansas cares about what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mizzouman

Quote from: lc480 on September 15, 2014, 11:00:57 am
I bet no one in Arkansas cares about what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is why it's in the SEC forum. But thank you for caring enough to respond.

lc480

mizzouman

Cut/paste from an email I got from a national recruiting analyst.

Looks like the following have scheduled their visits that weekend subject to change.

1.   Isaiah Briscoe.  6'3 point guard, Rivals 5*, number 9 player in the nation.  Favors Kentucky at this point with Mizzou a close second with St. Johns still in the picture.  Mizzou had an in home visit with him last night and both he and his dad came away very, very impressed.  But, they also said that about the Kentucky visit.
2.   Antonio Blakeney.  6'3 point guard, Rivals 5*, number 13 player in the nation.  Committed to Louisville but decommitted.  Will also visit Kentucky and LSU.  Many believe Louisville is out of the picture not because of Blakeney but because Louisville isnt' recruiting any longer because of the decommittment.  Briscoe and Blakeny could wind up at the same school.  If so, it will either be Kentucky or Mizzou.
3.   Caleb Swanigan.  6'8 power forward, Rivals 5*, number 16 player in the nation.  This is a Mizzou long shot.  He seems to be favoring Big 10 schools with the exception of Arizona.  However, Mizzou has been recruiting him hard for a long time.
4.   Thomas Bryant.  6'10 forward/center, Rivals 4*, number 35 player in the nation.  This is Mizzou's best shot of the 4 visiting.  Current Mizzou assistant, Rob Fulford, coach him last year in high school.  Fulford already landed former Hunting Prep star Gill-Caesar.

Never has Mizzou had 3 of the top 16 and 4 of the top 35 players all visiting at the same time.  Many believe this is the work of Fulford who has relationships already establish with all 4 of these players for many years. 

I seriously doubt Mizzou will get all 4.  I would put a 90% chance on them getting Bryant.  Having said that, it wouldn't shock me if they got either Briscoe, Blakeney or both even though I think Kentucky leads.

Swanigan is a very long shot.  He's coming in that weekend because the others are and Mizzou has been on him hard for a couple of years.  Probably more of a courtesy call if nothing else.  But who knows?

Problem with Mizzou is that they only have 3 schollies to give and they already have 2 commits.  But as the saying goes, the scholarship situations always seems to work out. 

By the way, I hear Mizzou is upgrading their arena.  Any insight will be helpful.  Let me know.