Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are a couple non holding calls and a couple of brain farts away from...

Started by BabyBachsRibs, September 14, 2014, 07:48:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyBachsRibs

Being a favorite to win the West with a nice road to the playoffs. I am liking the way this season is shaping up though. We can still win the West.
#Elite

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!

BabyBachsRibs

#Elite

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Phil D on September 14, 2014, 07:50:17 pm
Wow, might want to put the bottle away now lol ;)

Last year, Auburn was a tipped pass (UGA) & a fluke FG away from never playing in the SEC & BCS title games. Amazing what 2 plays can do for a team.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

WBC Hog

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with you, BUT with the upcoming opponents we have to play every year, it seems like we play them all at home. Very favorable schedule in that aspect.

Not counting the neutral site as an away game, we only have 2 away games left on the schedule: @ MS State
@ Mizzou

And IMO, those are two of the most winnable SEC games we will play.

hview

Winning the west would be great, but remember Arkansas is still in a building process. I think we need one, perhaps two recruiting classes before we start talking about contending for the west. Enjoy the ride.

redeye

bruisemeister

2006. 2 special team collapses may have cost us a spot in the BCS championship game. Of course we all know the one play that may have prevented their 1998 championship.

ZERO

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on September 14, 2014, 08:03:46 pm
I hate defeatist attitudes.

I understand, but I think we're more like a couple of WRs and LBs away. I feel like it can be corrected.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hogfaniam

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on September 14, 2014, 07:48:54 pm
Being a favorite to win the West with a nice road to the playoffs. I am liking the way this season is shaping up though. We can still win the West.

"Captain, these are exactly the kind of go-getters I want on my EM-50 project."
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

hawg IQ

Quote from: BabyBachsRibs on September 14, 2014, 07:48:54 pm
You have to worry about hog defense, although they do look improved. While the run game is awesome, passing game so-so, hogs needs that when teams are able close the running game down a little.
   I would like to see more screen/motion packages for Korliss Marshall and speed players. Seems like hogs could use sweeps more effectively. I think Brandon Allen could run a little option with his speed.
   QB draws might go well. Yet If we can drive ball down people's throats like TT, well why not ?
go hogs go !

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogfaniam on September 15, 2014, 03:32:45 am
"Captain, these are exactly the kind of go-getters I want on my EM-50 project."

"Arrrrrrmmmmy Training sir..!"
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hawgey-Davidson

Don't know about winning the West, but we were 3 plays away from bowling last year. We at least go bowling this year and send these seniors out on a high note.

Hogarusa

Holy crap.  Who knew a win over Texas Tech all of a sudden propels you to favorite as SEC west champions?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

BabyBachsRibs

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 15, 2014, 09:55:28 am
Holy crap.  Who knew a win over Texas Tech all of a sudden propels you to favorite as SEC west champions?

We could have beat Awbrin and TT i s a good team.
#Elite