Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I find it somewhat funny that

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, September 14, 2014, 06:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulberry Squeezins

When teams have to commit 8 and 9 players to stop the run, Receivers will be open.  If you breakdown BB's offensive numbers, the balance isn't in the number of pass / run attempts. The balance is in total yards, which equates to big plays in the passing game.  And there in lies the difference between Bielema and Nutt.  Nutt viewed the passing game as a necessary evil, a sort of defense mechanism to be used in case of an emergency.  Bielema wants his passing game to slit a team's throat.

snoblind

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 14, 2014, 08:38:00 pm
I'm still waiting for you to tell us who these people are that are saying what you posted? 

I decided to check your posts to see if you were one.  Saw the one where you answered someone asking how to listen to the game on their phone with "turn your volume on".

Classic.  +1

forrest city joe

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 14, 2014, 06:54:47 pm
Some of the same posters that were saying that TT would kill us with their fast offense, are now saying that TT is a terrible team and beating them means nothing.

Texas Tech is not a bad team. and they were the favs to us at home. we went in and beat them by 3 touchdowns on their home field. that first half at Auburn was no fluke.that game was tied 21 to 21 at the half against 5th ranked team in the nation. we ran over Auburn in that first half, just like we did Texas Tech. this offensive Line  is Nasty. one of the best i have ever seen at Arkansas. if the defense continues to improve, we can win some games this year. i am loving what i am seeing.

code red

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on September 15, 2014, 11:06:25 am
This offense is young and evolving. You, me or anybody else hasn't a clue what we can or can't sustain vs. anyone in the west. The first half against Auburn, we lined up and ran the ball down their throat.  They were able to make some adjustments and hurt us with the run blitz in the second half.  If we start connecting on some of these deep balls then all bets are off.         
IMHO we can't get over the top with our current WR....it will require a little recruiting.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: code red on September 15, 2014, 11:44:55 am
IMHO we can't get over the top with our current WR....it will require a little recruiting.

If we can force teams to commit 8 or 9 to stop the run, we will have opportunities with our passing game.  Is that a recruiting class or two down the road?  Possibly, but the big picture is becoming very clear.  We are damn lucky to have Bielema.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RealistSince2005 on September 15, 2014, 02:12:18 pm
I find it funny that so many are hyping up the win at Texas tech. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with the win. But running the ball against TT is quite different from running the ball in the SEC.  What happens when we get down a couple of scores and the team stacks the box and stops our run game. We have to be able to have some sort of passing game.

Depends. If we play like the 1st half of Auburn we score points. If we play like the second half we lose.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

root_hawg

Wait till Storey gets on campus; true passer will walk on campus

KennyForAD

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 14, 2014, 06:54:47 pm
Some of the same posters that were saying that TT would kill us with their fast offense, are now saying that TT is a terrible team and beating them means nothing.

Anyone who thought TT would kill us, is blind.
TT is a terrible team.
Beating them means nothing.

But.. Having a strong running game is a good thing, and..
Having sense enough to keep running it up the gut when its working.. is a good thing.

PorkSoda

Quote from: popcornhog on September 14, 2014, 11:58:46 pm
TTU is pretty bad. But our win was still impressive.

WPS
it was tit for tat in the first half.  TT is not a bad team, but the game did get away from them, and we didn't let up until the final whistle.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: root_hawg on September 15, 2014, 10:03:33 pm
Wait till Storey gets on campus; true passer will walk on campus
I've heard it all now.

we've gone from claiming the back up is should be starting, some kid who hasn't graduated HS yet, should be starting.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 15, 2014, 10:11:54 pm
it was tit for tat in the first half.  TT is not a bad team, but the game did get away from them, and we didn't let up until the final whistle.

I don't see it that way.  It seemed to me to be exactly as expected.  If one team can run it down the other's throat, that team will overcome mistakes and by the end of the game completely dominate. 

... and what could be worse than having the other team run it down your throat every..single .. play?    Really, that was as brutal as it gets.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 15, 2014, 10:15:43 pm
I've heard it all now.

we've gone from claiming the back up is should be starting, some kid who hasn't graduated HS yet, should be starting.

He is going to start in spirit, before he arrives on campus.
[CENSORED]!