Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I find it somewhat funny that

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, September 14, 2014, 06:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

Some of the same posters that were saying that TT would kill us with their fast offense, are now saying that TT is a terrible team and beating them means nothing.

cosmodrum

Whatever it takes to dump on BB. Tools.
Go away, batin'

root_hawg

lefty08

Exactly what I expected them to say.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ShadowTheHedgehog

Hawgzinbowlz

They want it both ways. Good enough that they should beat us and then they're so sorry they let a poor Arkansas team roll over them.
We beat the boys in Vegas by 23 points. TT favored by 2.
We're a little better than the last two years memories.
Good, and much needed, win over a Big 5 program.

" GO HOGS "

secfan30

Whatever fits their agenda they will latch on too

Nosboar Accubond

Its a conspiracy...  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

(hint: some folks are just negative thinkers and like to argue to kill time I think)

Smokehouse

The results didn't match their prediction so they have to change one team's evaluation. Either Tech is worse than previously thought, or the Hogs are better. Which way you move the line shows your bias.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HiggiePiggy

Who are these people you speak of? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LJHOG

TTech ain't real good for sure.  But, I bet they don't get beat up like that too many more times this season.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: LJHOG on September 14, 2014, 08:11:03 pm
TTech ain't real good for sure.  But, I bet they don't get beat up like that too many more times this season.

Actually I see them losing at least 7 in conference.  Kansas State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Oklahoma State, and west virgina.  They might lose to Iowa State also. 

HF#1

I look at it like this.  We dominated a Big12 team.  Period.  The fact that it was Texas Tech is irrelevant to me.

It was a road game against a power 5 conference team.  Hell of a win for Bielema and this team.  It's a launching point for the season.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jimmur74

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 14, 2014, 06:54:47 pm
Some of the same posters that were saying that TT would kill us with their fast offense, are now saying that TT is a terrible team and beating them means nothing.

M O R O N S

HiggiePiggy

I'm still waiting for you to tell us who these people are that are saying what you posted? 

(notOM)Rebel123

Yep.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 14, 2014, 08:38:00 pm
I'm still waiting for you to tell us who these people are that are saying what you posted?

HiggiePiggy: There is a difference between my comment and what you want me to do (AKA directly call out and attack other posters). I will not do that. If you are worried that I was talking about you then know this, I have not read anything you posted about the TT game.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 14, 2014, 08:44:47 pm
HiggiePiggy: There is a difference between my comment and what you want me to do (AKA directly call out and attack other posters). I will not do that. If you are worried that I was talking about you then know this, I have not read anything you posted about the TT game.

I'm just curious because I don't see anyone saying that.   I did say that I think Texas Tech will lose 7 possibly 8 conference games, but never said it wasn't a good win.   

I haven't seen anyone posting that our win didn't mean anything.  Majority of the people are very happy with this win.

There might be 1 or 2 people, but that is because they aren't really fans of the team they are just people trying to stir up crap kind of like the posters that continue to bring up BP threads to have arguements. 

Choctaw Hog

As predictable as the sun rising in the morning.  It's what losers do. 

Dirty

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 14, 2014, 08:56:19 pm
I'm just curious because I don't see anyone saying that.   I did say that I think Texas Tech will lose 7 possibly 8 conference games, but never said it wasn't a good win.   

I haven't seen anyone posting that our win didn't mean anything.  Majority of the people are very happy with this win.

There might be 1 or 2 people, but that is because they aren't really fans of the team they are just people trying to stir up crap kind of like the posters that continue to bring up BP threads to have arguements. 

You must have selective reading!

Biggus Piggus

Please stop with the "I see no negative posts" stupidity.
[CENSORED]!

shotgun7

Texas Tech is no Bama or ATM, this much we know. However, they are no Vandy either! To go on the road, to a stadium with a sell out crowd and dominate is impressive period. However, there will always be some people who are just always going to be negative one way or another.

popcornhog

TTU is pretty bad. But our win was still impressive.

WPS
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Smokehouse on September 14, 2014, 07:24:27 pm
The results didn't match their prediction so they have to change one team's evaluation. Either Tech is worse than previously thought, or the Hogs are better. Which way you move the line shows your bias.

How about both? We'll see by the end of the year.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: LJHOG on September 14, 2014, 08:11:03 pm

Exactly^^^

It's not necessarily one or the other.
WPS

redeye

Trolls will be trolls.

Nipsey Mussle

I'm very proud of that win and how we got it! I'm thinking Kingsbury will be trying his damnedest to get us off of their schedule permanently.

Maximus Tusk

Vegas had us as 2 point dogs and we win by 21. That much discrepancy makes a statement...not that we are going to contend for the SEC West, but that the program is improved and headed in the right direction. This is what I believe and apparently all the talking heads in CFB. Go Hogs!!!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: HF#1 on September 14, 2014, 08:31:17 pm
I look at it like this.  We dominated a Big12 team.  Period.  The fact that it was Texas Tech is irrelevant to me.

It was a road game against a power 5 conference team.  Hell of a win for Bielema and this team.  It's a launching point for the season.

robert shields said that, about this game being another turning point.  i think there were 3, maybe 4 pages of responses telling him he's crazy.
The rest of the frog.

hogsanity

They saw one of their precious HUNH sling it offense teams get absolutely dominated, and it kills them.

TT may not be very good, but their offense was suited to do a lot of damage to a young Hog D.  The offense showed how a ball control, pound it style can protect a defense.

TT only had the ball for 6 minutes in the 2nd half, let that sink in, the strength of their team, the offense, only had the ball for 6 minutes in a whole half. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Bacons Rebellion

Of course Texas Tech is going to lose a lot of games in the B12. We've cut their throats, drank their blood, ripped out their manhood and listened to the lamentations of their women. They're going to have a time coming back from that.

gchamblee

I think TT will lose more games now than they would have had they played us. Every team playing them for the rest of the year is going to use our game as a blueprint, and unfortunately TT will not be able to do a darned thing about it. We showed the nation how to beat them, and everyone paid attention. KK looks down in his presser, not because of this loss, but because of how many more losses are coming now that we wrote the book on how to beat TT in 2014.

code red

I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.  I thought we would get exposed.  The 3 TO did help and our defense forced those TO.  I was very surprised we dominated up front.  Which means 2 things.  First, our strength and conditioning coach is awesome. Second, our recruiting is paying off.  This was a huge step for this staff.  If they can somehow find a way to beat A&M or Bama...well then we are ahead of the curve for sure.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

I hope we do have a passing game like coach BB said we do in the presser.  We need to take some of the pressure off those backs.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 15, 2014, 10:13:06 am
robert shields said that, about this game being another turning point.  i think there were 3, maybe 4 pages of responses telling him he's crazy.

No, people objected to his characterization of the game as do or die.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on September 15, 2014, 10:26:38 am
.  I was very surprised we dominated up front. 

Why, of all things, did that surprise you, knowing that the strength of both sides of the ball is our play at the LOS?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChitownHawg

I have not read anyone writing this. But I do have most of them on my ignore list.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: gchamblee on September 15, 2014, 10:22:14 am
I think TT will lose more games now than they would have had they played us. Every team playing them for the rest of the year is going to use our game as a blueprint, and unfortunately TT will not be able to do a darned thing about it. We showed the nation how to beat them, and everyone paid attention. KK looks down in his presser, not because of this loss, but because of how many more losses are coming now that we wrote the book on how to beat TT in 2014.

That's not true.  There are few, if any, Big12 teams equipped to run like Arkansas can.  And quite frankly, the teams that do run in that conference, run out of the zone-read and the spread. 

code red

Quote from: hogsanity on September 15, 2014, 10:31:28 am
Why, of all things, did that surprise you, knowing that the strength of both sides of the ball is our play at the LOS?
Because we haven't shown ability to sustain that kinda success on the ground.  I seriously doubt we can sustain that kind of success vs. anyone in the West.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 15, 2014, 10:36:11 am
That's not true.  There are few, if any, Big12 teams equipped to run like Arkansas can.  And quite frankly, the teams that do run in that conference, run out of the zone-read and the spread.

Yes but, I guarantee you teams are going to gameplan starting with the run and working out from there. What we did can be done to them with a lesser oline and RB crew. Their guys simply can not tackle at the LOS even if they meet the back in the hole. We didnt just expose a bad run defense... we exposed a bad tackling defense.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: code red on September 15, 2014, 10:27:52 am
I hope we do have a passing game like coach BB said we do in the presser.  We need to take some of the pressure off those backs.

I'm not sure the backs were feeling much pressure on Saturday.

We had open receivers every time we needed to pass.  Keon looked great getting separation, although I think he did drop one.  He was open for a bomb.  Wilson was open for a bomb.  Morgan had one go off his hands while diving for a tough catch.  There were some really nice 10-12 yard completions.  The Tight Ends haven't even been a factor this year.  Brandon was awesome under pressure.  My point is, if we need to pass, the scheme will allow for some big plays.  Gotta execute, and can't miss out on TDs against the big boys.

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on September 15, 2014, 10:37:30 am
Because we haven't shown ability to sustain that kinda success on the ground.  I seriously doubt we can sustain that kind of success vs. anyone in the West.

They did it last year against MSU and LSu to close out the season. If AC does not get stripped late in the 4th Q against MSu the Hogs win that, and we all saw the blown coverage against LSU that cost the Hogs that game.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 15, 2014, 10:18:19 am
Of course Texas Tech is going to lose a lot of games in the B12. We've cut their throats, drank their blood, ripped out their manhood and listened to the lamentations of their women. They're going to have a time coming back from that.

POTD

LRRandy

I thought TT would win. I was wrong, TT was limited in their ability to through the ball around. Arkansas was the better team.  The gameplan was executed to perfection. Arkansas took a big step forward in my opinion. Razorback nation should feel good about the direction of the program and the system CBB is putting in place.
This is fun, isn't it.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: code red on September 15, 2014, 10:27:52 am

Converting a couple of third and medium to longs with the passing game is certainly encouraging.  To me, a lot of times the difference between winning and losing is playing with some swagger.  We did a lot of things - on both sides of the ball - last Saturday that will help build some confidence. 

NIU is going to be a very good test.  How will the team handle some positive press coverage? Will the D show more improvement? Will we make their D resemble girly men, even if they put 9 in the box? Can BA make their girly men pay and hit the homerun?

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 15, 2014, 10:41:40 am
I'm not sure the backs were feeling much pressure on Saturday.

We had open receivers every time we needed to pass.  Keon looked great getting separation, although I think he did drop one.  He was open for a bomb.  Wilson was open for a bomb.  Morgan had one go off his hands while diving for a tough catch.  There were some really nice 10-12 yard completions.  The Tight Ends haven't even been a factor this year.  Brandon was awesome under pressure.  My point is, if we need to pass, the scheme will allow for some big plays.  Gotta execute, and can't miss out on TDs against the big boys.
Hatcher also flat out fell on an out pattern that was wide open for about 15 yards.  I agree that we need to pass more to win going forward but the TT game needed to be won at all cost.  Running the ball was the best was to guarantee the win against TT, by limiting there offensive positions.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: code red on September 15, 2014, 10:37:30 am

This offense is young and evolving. You, me or anybody else hasn't a clue what we can or can't sustain vs. anyone in the west. The first half against Auburn, we lined up and ran the ball down their throat.  They were able to make some adjustments and hurt us with the run blitz in the second half.  If we start connecting on some of these deep balls then all bets are off.         

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: gchamblee on September 15, 2014, 10:40:41 am
Yes but, I guarantee you teams are going to gameplan starting with the run and working out from there. What we did can be done to them with a lesser oline and RB crew. Their guys simply can not tackle at the LOS even if they meet the back in the hole. We didnt just expose a bad run defense... we exposed a bad tackling defense.

Texas Tech couldn't replace all their little corners with safeties, because their safeties aren't much bigger. Another opponent might have gone to three safeties, at least until we threw the ball.
[CENSORED]!

PorkRinds

Quote from: gchamblee on September 15, 2014, 10:22:14 am

Maybe, but not every team can actually do that to them.  Our line and backs are special.

OKC

It was gratifying for me because the team showed it could beat a decent team even after facing some adversity or when TTU threatened to make it a game. This is huge...not that it means they are going bowling, because lets face it, the schedule is brutal, but it means in games where we are close or leading, I feel more confident they can pull it out. Another reason I'm happy about it is several radio guys (in central OK) thought of Arkansas as a joke and most predicted a victory by TT and another B12 win over the SEC....now on to NIU