Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Line for NIU opens at UA -8 , quickly moves to -13

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, September 14, 2014, 04:54:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Tick Hog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 14, 2014, 04:54:25 pm
Lots of people getting on the bandwagon.
I'm confident enough to predict a win but wouldn't give up any points. Wait and see how the boys handle a little success

Uncommon

Quote from: Tick Hog on September 14, 2014, 09:21:19 pm
I'm confident enough to predict a win but wouldn't give up any points. Wait and see how the boys handle a little success
I'm curious to see how the team handles it as well.  Mindset becomes quite different when all of a sudden everyone is "patting you on the back".  Hope we stay humble and hungry.

ShadowTheHedgehog

YtownHog

I'm not a person who bets.  Can't stand the thought of losing.  But, isn't the saying "smart money comes in late?"  Remember how much the TTU line moved the last night and early Saturday before the game.  I'm interested in seeing how this line moves this week.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SPAL

Quote from: YtownHog on September 14, 2014, 09:36:24 pm
I'm not a person who bets.  Can't stand the thought of losing.  But, isn't the saying "smart money comes in late?"  Remember how much the TTU line moved the last night and early Saturday before the game.  I'm interested in seeing how this line moves this week.

Depends...some lines you have to hit early. You have to have a pulse for what big money is thinking. You know money was gonna move the tech line , but it was gonna be a late push. Everybody saw Arkansas destroy tech, so you have to know money was gonna hammer the NIU line in our favor. You develop a sense for it.

Fayettechill14

Not a betting person, but I do follow the game lines for lots of games. I would snap up the Hogs covering before it hits -14. I think we can (and will) win by a couple of TDs, but I'm not confident backing any more than that. NIU is a good team.

YtownHog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 14, 2014, 09:49:04 pm
Not a betting person, but I do follow the game lines for lots of games. I would snap up the Hogs covering before it hits -14. I think we can (and will) win by a couple of TDs, but I'm not confident backing any more than that. NIU is a good team.

My thoughts exactly.  I won't anyways, but certainly would feel confident up to 14 then no thanks.

YtownHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 14, 2014, 09:47:18 pm
Depends...some lines you have to hit early. You have to have a pulse for what big money is thinking. You know money was gonna move the tech line , but it was gonna be a late push. Everybody saw Arkansas destroy tech, so you have to know money was gonna hammer the NIU line in our favor. You develop a sense for it.

So you think they set a number that would get a ton of money thrown on it early?

Where do you see it leveling off?  15-16?

RockyMtnHog

It should level off at about -10.  Arkansas will win by 14+.  If you look at NIU's DL it mirrors TTU.  Arkansas will gain a little more respect if they beat NIU by 17 or more.  NIU is a good team.

We just have to continue the progress.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

pigture perfect

I don't believe NIU is better than Tech. And the fact we are at home gives me 7 more points, so I've got us in a route. But I'm not a betting man.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dropkick

rzrbk_

Obviously NIU hasn't faced the kind of rushing attack that the Hogs bring, but through 3 games, their defense is giving up on average 81 rush yards a game as opposed to 259 passing yards a game.  259 isn't a huge number, but the average is brought down tremendously due to their game against Presbyterian. 

They gave up 322 to Northwestern & 397 to UNLV... I think this is the game where we show Gragg, Hill and Pettway that when we can sling it, and the time is right, we will. 

I also think this is a big confidence builder game for BA  passing the ball.  This is also the game we and the rest of the college football world says, "oh yeah! I forgot about Hunter Henry!"  Dude can ball and IMO we need to feature him in a big way. 

Or not...what do I know...

Go Hogs! :razorback:

Demaghog

Play action will be money this game. We didn't use it once against TT. The NIU defense plays aggressive and will be vulnerable to long runs. We'll get much more pressure on the QB than they're used to. We didn't get much pressure against TT, but that was the gameplan.

We'll get our yards. If we can get some early three and outs, the rout is on.