Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Northern Illinois is next.

Started by elksnort, September 14, 2014, 01:59:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: redeye on September 14, 2014, 11:10:53 pm

We allow fewer points then 78 other teams and that's worrisome?  Considering the fast paced offenses we've faced, I'd say that's awfully good.  Am I misunderstanding something?

Backasswards, man.  That ain't good.

choppedporkextrasauce

Northern Illinois' longest run they've given up is 13 yards.

That will likely change.

But expect a short game with both team focusing on rushing the ball.

mbd1475

If Korliss doesn't run the first kickoff back for a TD, then we will score the first play out of scrimmage.   Write it down. 

root_hawg

three hog night

Quote from: hogsfan31 on September 14, 2014, 03:16:09 pm
Do not overlook this team. Their QB can run the ball and that offense is built exactly for that. They also have a salty defense this year. McIntosh started the season at QB but was benched when he threw INTs and couldn't move the offense on the ground much. Hare has taken over and hasn't missed a beat. He can beat you with his legs. I'm not as worried about them passing the ball as I am with them running it at us.

This is going to be a copy of the AU offense with a slow Nick Marshall at QB.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

three hog night

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 14, 2014, 03:26:56 pm
NIU is a solid team, they have depth on both sides of the ball and are well coached.

Those of you who think they suck are idiots. This will be a good game, if we dominate I will come away impressed. Glad its at home.

Even though no one is talking about NIU this year because they lost Jordan Lynch, they are still a very solid team.

They are almost as good as TT.  Their defense will be better than some of you expect.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Polecat

Running quarterbacks have historically given us problems. Hopefully we'll be able to hit some play action throws and get them out of the box defensively
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Dwight_K_Shrute

I love the people that say "another cupcake" "they suck" etc.  Do people even bother to do research or even look at a box score before saying crap like this?  This is a very good very consistent non-P5 team.  They have only had 1 bad season in the past 15 years.  Their past 2 head coaches have gone on to P5 jobs. 

2000 6-5
2001 6-5
2002 8-4
2003 10-2
2004 9-3
2005 7-5
2006 7-6
2007 2-10
2008 6-7
2009 7-6
2010 11-3
2012 11-3
2013 12-2
2014 3-0

This is a game that the Razorbacks should win and are rightfully favored but it is also a game the players and fans should take seriously. 

Although their past 2 opponents were a down Northwestern & UNLV, both those games were on the road.  NIU is balanced on offense.  Passing for 180 while rushing for 220 against NW, and passing for 285 while rushing for 331 against UNLV.

Pass D is definitely their weakness as others have mentioned giving up 322 against NW and 400 against UNLV.

I'm not sure how tough the run D will be they held NW and UNLV to right around 100 or less but neither team has a great ground game. 

They are not going to be intimidated by playing on the road (17 game road win streak) or by a P5 school. 

It's going to be a fun game to go to and this was the one I jumped on when the cheap seat package came out.  They may give us more of a game than Tech.  Fans should be excited about the game and pack the house.  It's the first real game at home this season and need to show some team some love after the great win on Saturday.   
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

NIu gave up 500 yards to UNLV, UNLV converted 8 of 17 on 3rd and 1 of 2 on 4th down. NIU also had 8 penalties for 86 yards.

On the flip side, NIU was an astounding 13-17 on 3rd down. Ran for 350+ and had 650+ total yards.

Now I have no idea how good or bad UNLV is. Arizona stomped them, NIU handled them pretty easily, and the lone UNLV win was a 13-12 win that super power NORTHERN COLORADO ( a fcs school ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogwild210

Quote from: elksnort on September 14, 2014, 03:44:47 pm
You're right (should be right), but many fans tend to over look games like this next Saturday.

That's one of the luxuries of being a fan. Who cares if we "overlook" a game?
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

tbhogfan

NIU is far from a cupcake.   They've gone on the road twice and taken away victories (although neither UNLV nor Northwestern are elite teams).   This is a team that has had double-digit wins the past three years, dominated a very salty MAC, and has shown the ability to go on the road and win against teams from bigger conferences (Iowa, Kansas, Purdue, Northwestern).

I think that the Hogs will win, but NIU is not a team to be overlooked.

Go Hogs!

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 14, 2014, 03:28:44 pm
I disagree. They will be better than Nicholls state, but not as food as tech.
Freudian slip? I like it...

The_Iceman