Upset Saturday Today

Started by Rolltide4ever, September 14, 2014, 03:07:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolltide4ever

#6  Georgia  35  and  # 24 USCe  38 .
#9 USCw 31  and  BC 37.
# 17  VT  21  and ECU 28.
# 21  Lou 21  and UVA 23.

And # 12 UCLA was lucky to get by Texas today 20 - 17. Last week UCLA was tied with UAB 35 - 35 late in the 4th quarter. UCLA did rally and beat UAB but to be ranked in the top 25 and be taken to the 4th quarter by UAB says a lot about the ranking of UCLA.
UCLA will be knocked off and knocked very soon.

And Georgia Southern gave Georgia Tech all they wanted today 42 - 38.
Penn State got by Rutgers 13 - 10 .

In the SEC the Florida and Kentucky game was a lot closer than most felt it would be.
At half time it was tied up 3 - 3 .  The 3rd quarter ended 20 - 17 Florida . The final score was 36 - 30. Either Mark Stoops has this program headed in a new direction or Florida just had a case of the big head thinking this is Kentucky and all he have to do is get off the bus because we are Florida.Well it almost got them beat today.

This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.
Kept in the wallet of Paul William Bryant.

Steef

jbcarol

Missourian Sports @CoMoSports  ·  9h

Pair of #SEC upsets tonight: No. 24 South Carolina topped No. 6 Georgia, and Kentucky beat Florida in three overtimes (sic).

Oops
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Steef

Quote from: jbcarol on September 14, 2014, 07:24:29 am

Pair of #SEC upsets tonight: No. 24 South Carolina topped No. 6 Georgia, and Kentucky beat Florida in three overtimes (sic).

Oops

Well, they did.

They just didnt beat Florida AND the zebras.

Razorod

If things don't turn around fast, Fla may have a new coach next year.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Steef

Quote from: Razorod on September 14, 2014, 07:56:15 am
If things don't turn around fast, Fla may have a new coach next year.

I think maybe that trigger got pulled last night. Just a guess.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: steefhog on September 14, 2014, 06:40:32 am
KY got hosed by the zebras.

Lots of teams get "Officially" hosed in the Swamp.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: jbcarol on September 14, 2014, 07:24:29 am

Oops

That's our nationally top-rated journalism school!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Steef

bennyl08

Quote from: steefhog on September 14, 2014, 06:40:32 am
KY got hosed by the zebras.

No they didn't. What happened with the delay was the correct call. By the book, the official is supposed to watch the clock, when it hits zero, he then turns his head to see if the ball has been snapped. Hence, the penalty has never been exactly the moment the clock hits zero. It has always been, the clock has to hit zero, and the ref has to turn to see if the ball has been snapped yet or not. Florida snapped the ball milliseconds after the clock hit zero, hence, by the time the ref saw zero and turned to look, the ball was snapped.

I was pulling for Kentucky, but that was the right call.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

DeltaBoy

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 14, 2014, 08:29:34 am
Lots of teams get "Officially" hosed in the Swamp.

Yep the Hogs have been shafted there every time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PorkRinds

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 14, 2014, 11:46:22 am
No they didn't. What happened with the delay was the correct call. By the book, the official is supposed to watch the clock, when it hits zero, he then turns his head to see if the ball has been snapped. Hence, the penalty has never been exactly the moment the clock hits zero. It has always been, the clock has to hit zero, and the ref has to turn to see if the ball has been snapped yet or not. Florida snapped the ball milliseconds after the clock hit zero, hence, by the time the ref saw zero and turned to look, the ball was snapped.

I was pulling for Kentucky, but that was the right call.

He just happened to turn his head like a 90 year old geriatric patient with a neck brace on.

Steef

davglo35

Florida will lose several games if they have that hard a time with KY at home. The delay was awfully close so it could have gone either way. The biggest shock was GA losing to SC. I thought GA was dominate with their running game. Hey its the SEC anybody can win any given Saturday.