congrats!

Wild Bill Hog

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 14, 2014, 12:54:21 am
lost all ten games

0-10

even lost one to a 1-AA school

congrats!
Think the 1AA game was the only one a SBC team was favored in.

Watched the end  of the GaSo game and it was a fun game to watch.

Like the Tennessee game A-State made to many mistakes to beat Miami, but if they get everyone healthy should be in good shape going forward.

They just need to  find a way to beat Utah State. If they can come out of the 1st 4 games 2-2 they will be in great shape to have a very solid season.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Two Socks

The Sunbelt is really weak this year.  That could bode well for a young and inexperienced A-State team.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Two Socks on September 14, 2014, 11:15:39 am
  The Sunbelt is really weak this year.  That could bode well for a young and inexperienced A-State team.
I had them being 1-3 after the 1st 4 games (and was not 100% sure about Montana State), and still winning 8 games. 

If they can get healthy this week, they may have a very good shot at beating Utah State at home. If that were to happen being 2-2 would be an outstanding start, and a nine win season not out of the question for this young but very talented team.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 14, 2014, 11:05:14 am
Think the 1AA game was the only one a SBC team was favored in.

Watched the end  of the GaSo game and it was a fun game to watch.

Like the Tennessee game A-State made to many mistakes to beat Miami, but if they get everyone healthy should be in good shape going forward.

They just need to  find a way to beat Utah State. If they can come out of the 1st 4 games 2-2 they will be in great shape to have a very solid season.

I thought y'all had been talking Big Boy Football

moral victories about Ga Southern still losing to Ga Tech ain't big boy football

Not being a hater here - just following up from all the big talk from some of your fans

Seminole Indian

September 14, 2014, 12:06:01 pm #6 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:24:43 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 14, 2014, 11:33:12 am
I thought y'all had been talking Big Boy Football

moral victories about Ga Southern still losing to Ga Tech ain't big boy football

Not being a hater here - just following up from all the big talk from some of your fans
Well I'm sure  ASU fans wish they would have played Nicholls State and TT, and let you guys handle  Tennessee and Miami, but I have never heard anyone associated with ASU say anything other than they want to be the best G5 team.

Fact is most P5 teams are better than most G5's just like most G5's are better than most FCS, and most FCS are better than most non-division ones. Not all but most.

Any fan worth their salt should expect their team to win every game,regardless.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 14, 2014, 12:06:01 pm
Well I'm sure  ASU fans wish they would have played Nicholls State and TT, and let you guys handle  Tennessee and Miami, but I have never heard anyone associated with ASU say anything other than they want to be the best G5 team.

Fact is most P5 teams are better than most G5's just like most G5's are better than most FCS, and most FCS are better than most non-division ones. Not all but most.

Any fan worth their salt should expect their team to win every game,regardless.

so in other words, your bragging about losing to Tenner and Miami

0-2, but it was Tenner/Miami, so you're "winning"

anyway, back to being 0-10 yesterday?

Seminole Indian

September 14, 2014, 02:29:43 pm #8 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:00:28 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 14, 2014, 01:55:42 pm
so in other words, your bragging about losing to Tenner and Miami

0-2, but it was Tenner/Miami, so you're "winning"

anyway, back to being 0-10 yesterday?
I don't care what the SBC, SLC, or SEC did , or how good they are.

I would like the Arkansas teams in them have a shot at winning the championships, and reaping the rewards that come with doing so.

ASU has a chance to do very well again in the SBC, and looking at the computerized rankings today are the best team in the SBC.

UCA should be competitive in the SLC but there are a couple of teams that appear at this point to be a lot better.

I, and everyone else, expect the UofA will struggle in the SEC this year.

wildwolf

lost all ten games

0-10

congrats!
it was a bad day. But, then, when your conference teams play AT Miami (FL), LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Miss. State, then, there is that possibility. How many of those games would the Hogs win on the road?

ricepig

Quote from: wildwolf on September 14, 2014, 03:50:45 pm
it was a bad day. But, then, when your conference teams play AT Miami (FL), LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, Miss. State, then, there is that possibility. How many of those games would the Hogs win on the road?

Maybe a couple, but what about the other 5 games?

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2014, 04:06:04 pm
I say one for sure.

wildwolf

No excuses there. The other losses were to Navy, Air Force, UTEP, Western Michigan and, the kicker Abilene Christian. Last year, Troy lost at Tennessee by 1 touchdown. This year they lose to ACU at home. What a difference a year makes. Their coach should retire.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Two Socks

Troy obviously has major issues.   Texas State was surprisingly not competitive with Navy.   GA State is just bad along with New Mexico St and Idaho.   I thought that it was a bad decision to add these western teams.   App St was the winner this week by not playing.    A-State has a chance to one up the league by getting a win against a team predicted to compete for MWC on Saturday.    It looks like the Sunbelt will have few quality OOC wins this season.

ricepig

Quote from: Two Socks on September 14, 2014, 07:02:41 pm
  Troy obviously has major issues.   Texas State was surprisingly not competitive with Navy.   GA State is just bad along with New Mexico St and Idaho.   I thought that it was a bad decision to add these western teams.   App St was the winner this week by not playing.    A-State has a chance to one up the league by getting a win against a team predicted to compete for MWC on Saturday.    It looks like the Sunbelt will have few quality OOC wins this season.

It's a tough row to hoe, maybe y'all need to got on the Big 1g schedules like the MAC, haha.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on September 14, 2014, 07:15:24 pm
It's a tough row to hoe, maybe y'all need to got on the Big 1g schedules like the MAC, haha.
That would work.

Sivad

lost all ten games

0-10

congrats!
Go Daddy wept.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Sivad on September 15, 2014, 08:12:15 pm
Go Daddy wept.
Not really, other than the few schools with a shot at the playoffs, no one will remember September in December, and January.

Seminole Indian

September 17, 2014, 07:08:24 am #19 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:22:25 am by Seminole Indian
Thought that Utah State would be favored over A-State Saturday, but it looks like the wolves are a slight favorite in that game.

I had them going 1-3 to start this year and finishing with 8 wins +/- 1.

Not that they will win out, but in all likelihood they will be favored in all their remaining regular season games, which bodes well for the future because this is a very young team.

Justifiable Hogicide

lost all ten games

0-10

Did ALL of them blame it on Arkansas/Frank Broyles or just the Redwolves?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 17, 2014, 05:21:40 pm

No. Just the Not Indians.

Hey, do you think Indiana will have to change their name? the origin means "Land of Indians"

Anyway, since Frank and Jeff didn't/don't want to play Arkansas State, UA Monticello and Philander Smith, yeah, that's taking the brunt of the blame for Abilene Christian beating Troy after ACU moved up from DII

Seminole Indian

September 18, 2014, 07:05:03 am #22 Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:39:22 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 17, 2014, 05:21:40 pm
I did some checking and all but three think they just played better teams, although GaSo fans think they were cheated.

Only two SBC teams were favored and the Troy fans blame their HC, and Idaho fans just don't seen to be able to decide on who or what to blame for their loss on.

Not one mention of Broyles, except here.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 18, 2014, 07:05:03 am
I did some checking and all but three think they just played better teams, although GaSo fans think they were cheated.

Only two SBC teams were favored and the Troy fans blame their HC, and Idaho fans just don't seen to be able to decide on who or what to blame for their loss on.

Not one mention of Broyles, except here.
Hes very fearful of asu if you havent noticed

Seminole Indian

September 19, 2014, 09:14:50 am #24 Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:43:30 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 18, 2014, 06:00:52 pm
Hes very fearful of asu if you havent noticed

I understand why it bugs them that A-State plays in a league  where they SHOULD be successful and have a shot at a bowl game every year, and they are in the toughest division of the toughest conference in college football. I expect them to emphasize the obvious differences in where the programs are.

As for  bringing up  Broyles ,that cuts a little deeper into their insecurity, and for whatever reason they feel compelled to perpetuate the myth that A-State fans are enamored with them, and their program.

Fans of all other SEC teams some far less accomplished than Arkansas don't have such issues, and are very confident  when it comes to where their programs are compared to any G5's in their state(even though they may have all lost to one from time to time), but not Arkansas, and I have never fully understood why. Just an Arkansas thing i guess.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 19, 2014, 09:14:50 am
I understand why it bugs them that A-State plays in a league  where they SHOULD be successful and have a shot at a bowl game every year, and they are in the toughest division of the toughest conference in college football. I expect them to emphasize the obvious differences in where the programs are.

As for  bringing up  Broyles ,that cuts a little deeper into their insecurity, and for whatever reason they feel compelled to perpetuate the myth that A-State fans are enamored with them, and their program.

Fans of all other SEC teams some far less accomplished than Arkansas don't have such issues, and are very confident  when it comes to where their programs are compared to any G5's in their state(even though they may have all lost to one from time to time), but not Arkansas, and I have never fully understood why. Just an Arkansas thing i guess.

Plenty of ASU fans are "enamoured" with the Hogs, I know lots who support both teams, and wish to continue to do so. We have nothing to gain from playing, simple as that. I thought you told us all the pup fans say they don't need or want the game, sounds like the issue solved.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 19, 2014, 09:14:50 am

Well stated

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2014, 11:38:49 am
Plenty of ASU fans are "enamoured" with the Hogs, I know lots who support both teams, and wish to continue to do so. We have nothing to gain from playing, simple as that. I thought you told us all the pup fans say they don't need or want the game, sounds like the issue solved.
If you mean 'enamored' in a positive since I agree, but they are very proud of their program, and where it is heading.

I would also add that IMO as large if  not larger % of Razorbacks fans would be in favor of playing ASU, as ASU fans  playing the Razorbacks.

The one thing both fan bases seem to be in complete agreement on is, other than post-season competition, no one should make any state team play another unless both feel it is beneficial to do so.

I will also say again, based on my experience, most ASU fans also root for the Razorbacks.

UCA not so much.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 19, 2014, 01:29:41 pm
If you mean 'enamored' in a positive since I agree, but they are very proud of their program, and where it is heading.

I would also add that IMO as large if  not larger % of Razorbacks fans would be in favor of playing ASU, as ASU fans  playing the Razorbacks.

The one thing both fan bases seem to be in complete agreement on is, other than post-season competition, no one should make any state team play another unless both feel it is beneficial to do so.

I will also say again, based on my experience, most ASU fans also root for the Razorbacks.

UCA not so much.

Nothing wrong with supporting both programs, lots do. I'm firmly against any Legislative mandated game, they have enough serious problems to solve. I've been on record that I'm fine either way, play the game or not, but it's on our terms like the rest of our G5 non-cons.

Two Socks

I've been on record that I'm fine either way, play the game or not, but it's on our terms like the rest of our G5 non-cons.
[/quote]

I don't think any ASU fan should disagree with that just as UCA or UAPB cannot dictate terms towards any game with ASU.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 19, 2014, 01:29:41 pm

UCA not so much.

Please. Dude, you're just making crap up