Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats, Hogs! You are gonna give us a run for our money in Dallas

Started by OldArmy94, September 14, 2014, 12:07:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OldArmy94

First, thanks for taking care of the SEC's reputation today by walloping the Red Raiders. You did well, very well.

Second, I am pumped about the game coming up in two weeks. Coach B. has really got the Razorbacks moving in a positive direction, and I know that they are going to play us close in Dallas. We didn't play very well tonight against Rice, and I don't know if we are going to be able to handle the Hog's backfield. It'll be close, I am fairly certain.

Anyway, good work today, UA.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

CallThemHawgs!

JIHawg

Why did TAM not look so good against lowly Rice?  Was SC overrated?

OldArmy94

Some of the speculation was that we were having trouble on the new turf. But, I just think our heads weren't in it from the get-go. The only good news is that we didn't turn the ball over and we allowed just 10 points. BUT, we didn't play crisply like we did against South Carolina, and I don't know if we can compete well in the SEC West unless we notch it up.  As for all the national championship talk, well, I am putting that on hold until I see a few more games. LOL  Anyway, I have fun poking at the Hogs here, but I gotta acknowledge that y'all are doing something right.

LZH

Quote from: OldArmy94 on September 14, 2014, 12:13:43 am
Some of the speculation was that we were having trouble on the new turf. But, I just think our heads weren't in it from the get-go. The only good news is that we didn't turn the ball over and we allowed just 10 points. BUT, we didn't play crisply like we did against South Carolina, and I don't know if we can compete well in the SEC West unless we notch it up.  As for all the national championship talk, well, I am putting that on hold until I see a few more games. LOL  Anyway, I have fun poking at the Hogs here, but I gotta acknowledge that y'all are doing something right.

We're only allowed to put 9 guys on the field on defense....I mean, that's obvious.

Just sayin.

NIU007

Congrats on the win!

Looking forward to our game with the Hogs (with some trepidation, admittedly) though I won't be able to go to the game so will have to watch on TV.  Hoping our team can get some things cleaned up from today's game so we can make it an interesting game against Arkansas.

LZH

Quote from: NIU007 on September 14, 2014, 12:20:52 am
Congrats on the win!

Looking forward to our game with the Hogs (with some trepidation, admittedly) though I won't be able to go to the game so will have to watch on TV.  Hoping our team can get some things cleaned up from today's game so we can make it an interesting game against Arkansas.

I gave you your only +1 for the week, so that means that you owe me no matter what.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

I feel better about that game than anytime since the SC game, but we will need to tackle better in the open field. Your O line is bigger and better than Tech, also your backs are really good, you have your own three-headed monster.

I am encouraged by the job our secondary did on Coates of Auburn and Marquez of Tech today. Out of the 7 Tech WRs who caught a pass, 5 of them averaged less than 10 ypc, including Marquez.

However, all those big guys of yours are a concern along with Hill's mobility. I do think it helps that Kingsbury runs a very similar scheme having been your OC so recently, but your athletes are bigger and better than Tech's.

We won't be able to run for over 400 yards on you guys either... We will have to throw more and catch better and not miss open receivers down the field to have a good chance IMO.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

HawgnCorona

Quote from: NIU007 on September 14, 2014, 12:20:52 am
Congrats on the win!

Did you see our game? Also what are NIUs strength and weaknesses?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

NIU007

I haven't seen your game but if I'm able to watch it on WatchESPN I'll probably do that.

Strengths - our best WR (and best deep threat) is Daron Brown, he's not real big but is fast and seems to get open a lot.  For RB we have 244 lb Cameron Stingily who's very strong and gets lots of yards after contact.  We also have RB Akeem Daniels that is small but quick and can block and catch, but he was dinged up and only got 1 carry against UNLV. Our other RBs are mostly average. Our O-line is very experienced. We're mostly known for having a good running game. Run defense has done well so far this year. Our QB appears to be a fair passer and can also run some.

Weaknesses - pass defense. Against UNLV we gave up 500 total yards of which 397 was passing. We normally do much better against the run, though we're not usually playing teams like Arkansas either.  Our QB is a sophomore who only played in mop up duty last year, and not much even then, so not much experience there. So far he has protected the ball well though, with no INTs yet in about 2 games worth. Our WRs that actually play are mostly small except for WR Brescacin, who's 6'4 but generally only catches a few passes a game. Our kick return game has been mediocre so far.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: NIU007 on September 14, 2014, 01:34:12 am
I haven't seen your game but if I'm able to watch it on WatchESPN I'll probably do that.

Strengths - our best WR (and best deep threat) is Daron Brown, he's not real big but is fast and seems to get open a lot.  For RB we have 244 lb Cameron Stingily who's very strong and gets lots of yards after contact.  We also have RB Akeem Daniels that is small but quick and can block and catch, but he was dinged up and only got 1 carry against UNLV. Our other RBs are mostly average. Our O-line is very experienced. We're mostly known for having a good running game. Run defense has done well so far this year. Our QB appears to be a fair passer and can also run some.

Weaknesses - pass defense. Against UNLV we gave up 500 total yards of which 397 was passing. We normally do much better against the run, though we're not usually playing teams like Arkansas either.  Our QB is a sophomore who only played in mop up duty last year, and not much even then, so not much experience there. So far he has protected the ball well though, with no INTs yet in about 2 games worth. Our WRs that actually play are mostly small except for WR Brescacin, who's 6'4 but generally only catches a few passes a game. Our kick return game has been mediocre so far.

You should have said your strength was run defense.  If not, you are in for a long evening. 
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

GB-Razorback

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

NIU007

Our run defense has done well but Arkansas will be on a different level for NIU trying to defend that rushing attack.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LZH on September 14, 2014, 12:26:34 am
I gave you your only +1 for the week, so that means that you owe me no matter what.

+1 for openly begging for charma from a visitor...  LOL..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: NIU007 on September 14, 2014, 01:51:30 am
Our run defense has done well but Arkansas will be on a different level for NIU trying to defend that rushing attack.
I saw your game against Northwestern. You have a good team - well coached. The Hogs better be ready.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Kevin on September 14, 2014, 09:49:08 am
We have to concentrate on niu first

No we don't. We are fans, we can concentrate on any game we want.

Besides, the OP is an Aggie

bp

OldArmy94

I don't know if anyone is interested, but this is a thorough, insightful breakdown of the Aggies' offensive performance against Rice:

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2527229/replies/40594669

The most interesting stat from the game was that we ran only 4 plays in the Red Zone all night, but each one resulted in a touchdown.

I am looking forward to September 27th; it's gonna be a TOUGH game for my Ags!

ZERO

I don't see Arkansas winning this game, but it would be cool if we kept it within a score. I feel better about Alabama than Texas A&M, honestly.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hollywood_HOGan45

always look forward to the game with the Texas Aggies.

Great tradition with aTm. Glad we moved it back to Arlington.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ZERO on September 17, 2014, 09:34:27 am
I don't see Arkansas winning this game, but it would be cool if we kept it within a score. I feel better about Alabama than Texas A&M, honestly.

Sorry, but you need to rethink your analysis here.

Yes, TAMU will certainly have success passing the football, but who's to say Bama won't as well.

The difference will be on the defensive side of the ball.  TAMU will struggle stopping our O, to what degree who knows.  They have issues on that side of the ball.

Bama doesn't.  And that is the difference.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DeltaBoy

I will worry more about TAMU next week. Right know lets us focus on a dangerous NIL team.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The_Iceman

trashcan maN

Quote from: OldArmy94 on September 17, 2014, 09:28:29 am
I don't know if anyone is interested, but this is a thorough, insightful breakdown of the Aggies' offensive performance against Rice:

The most interesting stat from the game was that we ran only 4 plays in the Red Zone all night, but each one resulted in a touchdown.

The most interesting stat to me was that Rice put 481 yards on your porous defense.

Let me guess, you run a 'bend don't break' philosophy?

hogwild210

For those of you wanting to discuss Northern Illinois, there are plenty of threads on the front page to do so.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

DeltaBoy

Rice Gashed TAMU's D and I expect we will do the same. We just got to stop the Trill enough times to win the game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

OnYourToes

We had mild success in our game against TAMU last year.

I'm anxious to see how we will look against them this year.
The Hogs that played Auburn or the Hogs that played Tech.

I believe we will be somewhere in the middle, as TAMU is more talented and better coached than Tech.
Plus, we are a better team than when we played Auburn.
Given these 2 and our recent running game success,. . . . I have no idea what will happen against TAMU.
But I hope we take some more steps forward this Saturday, show more improvement on D, and continue our dominating ways on O. 

The game in Jerry's world is going to be one of the best games to watch all year!
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Quote from: OldArmy94 on September 17, 2014, 09:28:29 am

I watched part of that game to get an idea of what to expect. I saw Rice apply exactly ZERO pressure to A&M's QB. I believe I could put some decent numbers without a pass rush. Big fast physical receivers and a QB that gets all day to throw is a deadly combo. A&M is known for having some great tackles in the past, and I don't think we did much last year in the way of D line pressure last year. I am hoping we are better equipped to blitz with our LB's this year.

The other thing I noticed is that Rice was able to move the ball but missed 2 FG's at least and couldn't do much in the red zone. To me, it will be another grind it out strategy for the hogs to keep that offense on the sidelines. We just need to continue to put a high percentage of points on the board when we get to the red zone.

Jon Ham

Quote from: hogwild210 on September 17, 2014, 10:55:44 am
For those of you wanting to discuss Northern Illinois, there are plenty of threads on the front page to do so.

No one should be talking about A&M. We need to stay focused on the task at hand. 1 game at a time. If we lose to NIU, we can only blame ourselves for looking past them. Mods, please move this thread to the trash. Everyone else, please be prepared to log on tonight at 8 pm so we can discuss NIU's offense - remember to do your prep beforehand so you are ready to discuss when we meet. Thanks guys.

hogwild210

Quote from: Jon Ham on September 17, 2014, 11:53:00 am
No one should be talking about A&M. We need to stay focused on the task at hand. 1 game at a time. If we lose to NIU, we can only blame ourselves for looking past them. Mods, please move this thread to the trash. Everyone else, please be prepared to log on tonight at 8 pm so we can discuss NIU's offense - remember to do your prep beforehand so you are ready to discuss when we meet. Thanks guys.

Bahahaha, nicely done. I thought you were being serious after your first two sentences.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

ZERO

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 17, 2014, 09:54:26 am
Sorry, but you need to rethink your analysis here.

Yes, TAMU will certainly have success passing the football, but who's to say Bama won't as well.

The difference will be on the defensive side of the ball.  TAMU will struggle stopping our O, to what degree who knows.  They have issues on that side of the ball.

Bama doesn't.  And that is the difference.

Alabama doesn't seem as well-built as they usually do. We get them at home, after a bye week, and after they play @Ole Miss the week before. It seems like the best shot we've had against them in a long time.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

LZH

Quote from: Kevin on September 17, 2014, 09:35:29 am
We play northern ill this week.

Kinda what I was thinking.  I have great affection for the engineering department at A&M but damn, it's like the Auburn guys gave their Hogville spots to the Aggie fans.....and it's not even A&M week.

HF#1

Auburn > A&M...  I suspect we will have every opportunity to beat A&M.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

alohawg

Aggies will get stops from their defense- the only hope is the hogs defense does as well.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

razorbackkid

Until the Aggies get some female cheerleaders I refuse to acknowledge their existance.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Aggie96

I do however think it possible that anyone in the West at this point can beat only one else this year. Right day, right plays, ball bounces the right way. Anything could happen in what is certainly a meat grinder schedule.
I predict a similar outcome of what you saw in our game against the Cocks. 52-24 Good guys.
You can eat the Apple but don't Eff with the Corps!!! GIG 'EM!!!

Aggie96

Quote from: HF#1 on September 21, 2014, 02:48:56 pm
A&M can't stop the run.

A&M secondary is only slightly above ours

A&M offense is good but I think we can make enough stops to win the game.

I guess you haven't noticed that we haven't given up a single rushing TD this year and only 6 total TDs four of which were against USCe

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 21, 2014, 02:11:41 pm
We are a different team than the one that played Auburn. 

Our running game is as solid as always.  Our O-Line is dominating.  Our receivers are playing better, particularly K. Hatcher.  BA has become the General of this team, and is rifling the ball, as well as knowing when to run it.  Our defense is coming together as a unit, and is making plays.
:razorback:

I know we have been playing lesser talented teams, but we still our coming together and doing what we have to.

You X's and O's guys break it down for us, as to why we can't win this game...

I'm not going to say that we can't beat them, we were a lesser team last year and still stayed closer to them than the score indicated.

I will say that they are fairly efficient this year.

They average 12.3 offensive drives per game and average scoring on 8.5 of those (69.4% per game). Defensively their opponents have averaged 12.5 offensive drives per game and have averaged scoring on only 2.3 of those (18% per game).

The average point margin in their games has been 43.5 points.

The Hogs average 11.3 offensive drives per game and average scoring on 6.5 of those (57.8% per game). Defensively our opponents have averaged 11.5 offensive drives per game and have averaged scoring on 3.5 of those (30.4% per game).

The average point margin in our games has been 25.3 points.

Now all of that may mean something, or it may mean nothing. I think we have to employ an "Auburn-like" first half gameplan in both halves vs. A&M trying to keep their offense off the field. If we can limit their time on the field and take one or two scores from them, and don't turn the football over, I think we stand a pretty good chance to win in Dallas.

But if we allow them to pass for over 300 yards against us, they may also run for another 175 and if that happens, I am not sure that we will be able to keep up. Let's hope that we have an excellent game plan and execute that game plan and send the Aggies back to College Station with their first loss.
Go Hogs Go!

Aggie96

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on September 21, 2014, 11:35:51 am
8 in the box?  Really?  Just like every other team has done so far this season? 

U know AR has been holding all those seam passes and throws over the top just for A&M right?  I HOPE the Aggies do just what you say... and the passing game over their heads will be easy pickings.  HOGs will be all A&M can handle.

Yeah cause our pass rush sucks huh? You do realize we have the SEC leader in Sacks right now right? And when he gets doubled and triple teamed you see what happens right? 8 sacks on Saturday by the rest of the guys.

demonHOG1013

With the way both BA and the defense have improved week after week I think we beat the Aggies 38-24

Aggie96

Quote from: HF#1 on September 21, 2014, 02:48:56 pm
A&M can't stop the run.

A&M secondary is only slightly above ours

A&M offense is good but I think we can make enough stops to win the game.

I guess you haven't noticed that we haven't given up a single rushing TD this year and only 6 total TDs four of which were against USCe

bphi11ips

Throw stats out the window.  The game will be about matchups, adjustments, emotion, endurance, adversity and mistakes.  Either team can win.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Aggie96 on September 22, 2014, 08:16:57 am
Yeah cause our pass rush sucks huh? You do realize we have the SEC leader in Sacks right now right? And when he gets doubled and triple teamed you see what happens right? 8 sacks on Saturday by the rest of the guys.

Yeah, and everybody knows our O-line sucks and the teams y'all have played so far have vastly superior O-lines compared to Arkansas.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

demonHOG1013

Quote from: Aggie96 on September 22, 2014, 08:17:41 am

You also have not faced out running attack.

The Hogfather

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on September 22, 2014, 08:20:03 am
You also have not faced out running attack.

Correct.  They have faced a Mike Davis-less USC (6 carries), Lamar, Rice, and SMU so far.

DeltaBoy

We need to play a mistake free game and we need TAMU to give up some pics , Punt or KO return Touch downs to swing the game our way.

MCheisman

Quote from: HVHog on September 21, 2014, 04:09:42 pm
The only way we beat this team is to keep their offense on the sideline.  Texas Tech II.
We will not be able to stop their offense with our current defense.  Sorry.
Agree, Our secondary has improved but not enough to hang with them. Its a very tall order to think they will go from not winning a game to competing on this level. I think its a competitive game but their superior talent will show the second half. I just hope fans don't get down again if we lose, they are a top 10 team for sure. We will play LSU, Ole Miss and Miss St. close and hopefully get a couple wins there.