Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stay humble men...

Started by DLUXHOG, September 13, 2014, 11:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

This is not directed at the OP, but instead to those that just can't find any joy in yesterday's win.......Why can't we enjoy a convincing win that most thought that we would lose without down playing it? On the road, in a hostile environment, coming off a 3-9 season, not having beaten a P5 team since 2012 and WE DOMINATED. Enjoy the moment Hog Fans and let's give this victory the credit that it deserves. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jlhogfan

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 13, 2014, 11:18:29 pm
It's a long season ahead of us...   One week at a time....  Great Win today though!  WPS!!!

Screw that; we are going to the playoffs.  Anything less is unacceptable.  ;)

TrueBlue

According to Hogville, we weren't supposed to win with white helmets, were we?

(Seems like everyone enjoys them now.)  ;)

Gonzo

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 14, 2014, 09:46:43 am
According to Hogville, we weren't supposed to win with white helmets, were we?

(Seems like everyone enjoys them now.)  ;)

Not me, winning or not. Don't like the white helmets, doubt I ever will. Oh well, not my call.

Go Hogs! Beat N Illinois!

fakebobholt

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the win but noticing things that need work. Some see the win as the begenning a run to atlanta while others see it as a step in the right direction but still see glaring holes. I think the arguing on herenis more about style of play and those who have played football. The arguments by posters point this out. The hogs are on to next weeks game and worrying about things that need work. People who see the holes I feel like played the game. There is nothing wrong with anyone who didnt play but I think they look at a game different. They want to see what needs to be fixed while others are fixated on the win. Nothing wrong with either thinking process, just 2 different lines of thinking

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jlhogfan on September 14, 2014, 09:28:18 am
Screw that; we are going to the playoffs.  Anything less is unacceptable.  ;)

Well... It's been 50 years and ANYTHING is possible....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 13, 2014, 11:18:29 pm
It's a long season ahead of us...   One week at a time....  Great Win today though!  WPS!!!

KevinCostner, we will beat Northern Illinios similiar to how we beat Tx Tech. SEC is strong and mighty

DLUXHOG

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on September 14, 2014, 11:44:27 am
KevinCostner, we will beat Northern Illinios similiar to how we beat Tx Tech. SEC is strong and mighty

I think so too....  SEC look out!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

TxArky

Quote from: popcornhog on September 14, 2014, 04:52:11 am
TTU was favored.

Not true.  The home team always gets spotted 3 points, and the line was Tech -2.5.  Technically, the Hogs were the 1/2 point favorite.  More on point, it meant that it was viewed as basically as anyone's game.  That doesn't take away from the Hog's win at all, and doesn't mean that the boys didn't exceed public expectations.  I just hate seeing things posted that simply aren't true. 

FWIW, I projected the Hogs to win by 17. 

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 13, 2014, 11:19:24 pm
This changes nothing.  Texas Tech not very good.
Not sure what you mean by changes but for me it answers a very important question. Are we a better football team now than we were at this point last year? The obvious answer is yes. Doesn't mean we're going to go ripping thru the conference schedule. Just means that we are on track to building a solid program. I do know one change for sure...we could not have put that kind of coverage on the worst of teams last year. Big change!

DEVICEHIGH

I will not stay humble. I will gloat and brag with this opportunity.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

jkstock04

Regardless of how terrible TT may or may not be, it was still a great win for a struggling program. Obviously still a lot of question marks with this team, but I think you could make a strong argument we took a big step forward this past Saturday.

On the road...against a legit BCS school. As everyone else has stated, this game was critical in terms of us getting bowl eligible.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys