Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stay humble men...

Started by DLUXHOG, September 13, 2014, 11:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

It's a long season ahead of us...   One week at a time....  Great Win today though!  WPS!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bphi11ips

This changes nothing.  Texas Tech not very good.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Dropkick

Exactly, we beat Texas Tech convincingly not the Seahawks.
NIU won't be a cupcake.

GO HOGS!

PorkRinds

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 13, 2014, 11:19:24 pm

I dunno. It changes a few things. Last year their bad team would have trounced us.

Dropkick

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2014, 11:20:43 pm
I dunno. It changes a few things. Last year their bad team would have trounced us.
Troof

FORTVEGAS

Huckleberry Pig

Ehh, this was prob our biggest game of the season in terms of bowl eligibility, and we all knew it.  Let's enjoy the W for a night.

I'll be more humble tomorrow.  Tonight, I'll be proud.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Dropkick on September 13, 2014, 11:20:06 pm
Exactly, we beat Texas Tech convincingly not the Seahawks.
NIU won't be a cupcake.

GO HOGS!

NIU may not be a cupcake... matter of fact, they may be pretty good... but...  I will bet good money we beat them rather convincingly at home.......

cosmodrum

Fine, be miserable.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

popcornhog

They're not very good, true. And a lot of folks are overstating this win. We have some big holes.

But Jesus did our O Line look just incredible.

We'll get a couple of SEC wins.
WPS

mckinneyhog5

Didn't take long for people to start downplaying our win.  Not that I'm shocked that some here would do it, I actually predicted they would.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Break & Run on September 13, 2014, 11:20:21 pm
Oh good god. Shut up and enjoy the freaking win!!!

The win was great.  But that isn't the point.

razorpimp

You act like you are on the team...shut up

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

I'm thinking todays game is the beginning of the opposite of what happened after the 2nd half of the 1st game against Rutgers.

LZH

By 2:00 I had already talked myself into believing we were gonna screw it up, because we are supposed to win these games by two touchdowns......we're Arkansas dammit.

Btw (and holy cow) Bielema covered us by an extra TD.

Hoggish1

All it was was taking care of business, nothing more...

Hogsmo Kramer

I don't usually agree with your politics but I agree with ^^^This^^^.

We are much improved and manhandled a Tech team that likely would have beaten us last year.

WPS!!!

I'm happy to have the win and hope we continue to improve and keep the ball rolling!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 13, 2014, 11:28:29 pm

Oh.. it was much more than taking care of business...  most of the "fans" on this board that thought we would win, said we would win by maybe 3 - 7 points...   We absolutely destroyed TTU....  and made a BIG statement........   I think our Hogs will continue to surprise the naysayers in the sportsworld and the "fans" on this board.......  I hope so anyway....

Großer Kriegschwein

Dari just reminded everyone that BA is 14 of 16 with 6 TD when running play action this season. That's a stat I like.
This is my non-signature signature.

cosmodrum

Nice to be back to doing that.
Go away, batin'

bphi11ips

You got it.  Good game played to our strength.  No one should be surprised.  Act like we've been there. 

moses_007

It's hard to be humble when we totally dominate two teams in a row and win going away.  I realize the SEC teams will be tougher, or will they? Our offensive line just might start dominating some SEC games.  We better improve the passing significantly, however, as we're going to need it at the next level.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

No, it was taking care of business with confidence and pride.

LZH

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on September 13, 2014, 11:36:05 pm
No, it was taking care of business with confidence and pride.

No, he was just taking care of business, nothing more......

We won!  We won!  We won!

cosmodrum

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 13, 2014, 11:34:18 pm
You got it.  Good game played to our strength.  No one should be surprised.  Act like we've been there. 

Been a while since we've been there. This is the internet. Enjoy the win.
Go away, batin'

Großer Kriegschwein

We had, with a couple of exceptions, good ball control all day. Controlled the clock, grinding the ball thru the DL and imposing our will.

We didn't throw the ball, but didn't need to in order to win by three touchdowns. No need to change what was working. Looked confident to me.
This is my non-signature signature.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 13, 2014, 11:18:29 pm
It's a long season ahead of us...   One week at a time....  Great Win today though!  WPS!!!

Sadly, I agree... there were idiots over talking trash on the TT boards. Just pathetic.

Long season ahead, great win, but we are a long damn way from being good enough to get cocky

Amityvillehogger

A win is a win dude. We just come off a 10 gamer from the opposite direction. I'll take them anyway and from anyone I can get em'.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Uberanubis

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 13, 2014, 11:30:47 pm
Oh.. it was much more than taking care of business...  most of the "fans" on this board that thought we would win, said we would win by maybe 3 - 7 points...   We absolutely destroyed TTU....  and made a BIG statement........   I think our Hogs will continue to surprise the naysayers in the sportsworld and the "fans" on this board.......  I hope so anyway....

im not trying to rain on any ones parade. it was a solid win. but for any one to say that TT did not give us all we wanted for 3 quarters is asinine. our depth or what little we have took over. THEN we started to pull away. we will need to continue that depth progression or we will still pull a goose egg against the rest of the sec.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Break & Run

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 13, 2014, 11:48:51 pm
im not trying to rain on any ones parade. it was a solid win. but for any one to say that TT did not give us all we wanted for 3 quarters is asinine. our depth or what little we have took over. THEN we started to pull away. we will need to continue that depth progression or we will still pull a goose egg against the rest of the sec.

They competed with us for about 35 minutes of a 60 minute game. They scored 7 points in the 2nd half.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

LZH

Quote from: Break & Run on September 13, 2014, 11:53:02 pm
They competed with us for about 35 minutes of a 60 minute game. They scored 7 points in the 2nd half.

All BS aside, this is a fact.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: LZH on September 13, 2014, 11:39:47 pm
No, he was just taking care of business, nothing more......

We won!  We won!  We won!
Now you got me humming a tune I can't remember the name of.

Uberanubis

Quote from: Break & Run on September 13, 2014, 11:53:02 pm

you have to look at the second half differently then the first. im mean there were only 3 total possessions in the 3rd quarter. CBB new that if we went out and just ground out a score on the first possession that it would take Tech out of their HUNH game. and it worked. depth was very key.

they still racked up 353 yards of total offence and put up 28. for such a poor team that seams like a problem to me. it could have been a lot closer had we not ground away the 3rd quarter.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 13, 2014, 11:21:49 pm
Ehh, this was prob our biggest game of the season in terms of bowl eligibility, and we all knew it.  Let's enjoy the W for a night.

I'll be more humble tomorrow.  Tonight, I'll be proud.

1000% this. Our Hogs are back. still got some things to improve, but this game proves what Bielema is building is going to become beastly. Imagine what we will look like with more defensive recruiting.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

redeye

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 13, 2014, 11:22:33 pm
NIU may not be a cupcake... matter of fact, they may be pretty good... but...  I will bet good money we beat them rather convincingly at home.......

FWIW, their OL is really small.  Not sure that matters, but I think they average well under 300 lbs.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 13, 2014, 11:22:33 pm

They werent last year....and are 3-0 this year with a win over Northwestern. Should be a good game that we win at home.

We will be in BEAST MODE!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

popcornhog

Quote from: LZH on September 13, 2014, 11:27:51 pm
By 2:00 I had already talked myself into believing we were gonna screw it up, because we are supposed to win these games by two touchdowns......we're Arkansas dammit.

Btw (and holy cow) Bielema covered us by an extra TD.

TTU was favored.
WPS

popcornhog

First OOC road win in 11 years.

First win in like two years against a power conference team.

Physically dominating and winning by multiple touchdowns on the road in a game in which the other team was favored by 2 1/2 points.

In what world is this "taking care of business, nothing more"?

Is TTU a good team? No. But Jesus man, we manhandled them. We have plenty of holes and need to get better but that was more than taking care of business.
WPS

ZERO

We're fighting tooth and nail for Bowl eligibility. Sure, we should be humble. But the point is this is some of the improvement we all expected to see last year. We've beaten two bad teams in a row, but we beat them FAR beyond what we (and the rest of the country) expected to. We took care of them as if we actually WERE a good team. Tech was actually favored. It puts the mind at ease to see business being handled so swiftly and efficiently.

This game showed we still have no defense, but half of us were expecting them to score 45-52 on us. Hey, it's a start, right? Here's to hoping we keep improving throughout the season.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 13, 2014, 11:48:51 pm

That was the difference between Auburn and Tech... I believe we would have had an even closer game with Auburn had we played them later in the year. We possibly could have won. These talented freshmen are getting some excellent experience now... We will go as far as our depth can carry us...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jimmur74

Sure it changes something. It made us 2 and 1. Whether Texas Tech isn't good or we are better this season remains to be seen. I say we are better

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 13, 2014, 11:18:29 pm

Today we enjoy the win, tomorrow we can remain humble. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

It's a two game winning streak.  I would say that changes something.  But then again, I want the program to do well.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Uh yea it does change things.

We won a game! We won 7 combined the last two years! It's ok to get excited. We are fans!

Inhogswetrust

Some posters aren't very good...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dirty

Quote from: Uberanubis on September 14, 2014, 12:01:33 am
you have to look at the second half differently then the first. im mean there were only 3 total possessions in the 3rd quarter. CBB new that if we went out and just ground out a score on the first possession that it would take Tech out of their HUNH game. and it worked. depth was very key.

they still racked up 353 yards of total offence and put up 28. for such a poor team that seams like a problem to me. it could have been a lot closer had we not ground away the 3rd quarter.

Your life must suck.

Gonzo

Quote from: razorpimp on September 13, 2014, 11:25:05 pm
You act like you are on the team...shut up

Precisely the route my mind was running about this, and I have no idea which "side" you're referencing. i always get a kick out of how much "I" and "we" I see in fan discussions, as if they were personally involved. And it seems more pronounced when things are going well than vice versa.

That being said, I think this team should be very pleased and proud this morning. They're making noticeable strides. They will certainly take some lumps this season, they should enjoy the heck out of the high points.

Go Hogs! Beat N Illinois!

Ragnar Hogbrok

This game was the launching point to a 6-7 win season and bowl eligibility.  Nobody thinks we're going to win the SEC W this year.  But we can be competitive in every game, and maybe win a couple we weren't "supposed" to.

I hope you Debbie Downers don't treat your children like you do the Razorbacks.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hawgzinbowlz

Nicholls State = Arkansas favored by 40 and we cover +26

TT = TT favored by 2 and we win by 21

We are a little better than the numbers guys thought...

We may go bowling.

" GO HOGS "