Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J Will

Started by hogville38, September 13, 2014, 11:05:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

Don't get me wrong Alex had a awesome game but doesn't seem like J Will gets the love he desearves. He runs so hard every play and never gives up on the play. Great game J Will.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Take away the long run by AC and in my mind, J Will had the better game. Both are great backs.

Can you image being a LBer going up against JW and AC? Whew.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Williams has been automatic TD inside the 10 so far this year.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Both J Will & Alex.... are very good backs, that is quite evident.   One of the things that makes them even better, is getting them off of the field every 2-4 plays, & getting the other fresh one in there.  We will certainly need them both in this offense.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

J Wills yards after first contact had to be ridiculous this game. 

alohawg

Collins and Williams both look like NFL RB's.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

PorkRinds

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on September 13, 2014, 11:20:19 pm
Take away the long run by AC and in my mind, J Will had the better game. Both are great backs.

Lol. Why would you want to take away an 80 yard touchdown?

Hoggycronopolis

Quote from: hogville38 on September 13, 2014, 11:05:58 pm
Don't get me wrong Alex had a awesome game but doesn't seem like J Will gets the love he desearves. He runs so hard every play and never gives up on the play. Great game J Will.
I also agree... But I agree 1001%. Seriously tho I, like a lot of you, have seen this coming since Jwill was a freshman. Which, coincidentally he was underrated then too. The dude moves massive piles of humans, plain and simple. ALOT of heart in that backfield. Pretty sure AC would tell you that JW had a lot to do with the strengthening he's done to his legs.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they SMITE you, and then you win"  
-Ghandi

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
-George Carlin

three hog night

Jwill was the better back today....period
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

LZH

What past Hog RB would ya'll compare to JW?  He's damn hard to tackle.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2014, 12:02:21 am
Here, fixed it for you, lol.
Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on September 13, 2014, 11:20:19 pm
If you take away the long run by AC, in my mind, J Will had the better game. Both are great backs.

Torqued pork

My favorite current player. A Texas kid who recruited his butt off for us once he committed and stayed with us when many would have left.

Fayettechill14

J-Will is similar to what we'd hoped Broderick Green would be as a 5* star recruit. Green showed flashes of it, but J-Will is the real deal and very consistent.

redeye

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 14, 2014, 12:02:21 am

I think the point is that the 80 yard TD by Collins came late, when Tech had all but given up.  Take it away and JWill has more yards and the higher ypc average.

Tejano Jawg

He gets love from me. Even last year, I thought he's got the best all-around game. Speed, balance, toughness, agility.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hawgaddict

To put it simply, J Will Runs Like a Damn MAN! He wants to punish the guys that get in his way and very rarely is brought down by one defender. He set the tone today, along with the offensive line obviously, and everyone followed their lead. I cant remember if it was his first or second TD but on one of them he met a LB at the 5 and just blew him up on his way to the endzone. After that play, you could see from then on they wanted no part of that Bad Man. His acceleration, lateral movement, and balance is some of the best I have ever seen. I am not saying he is on DMAC's level, but this guy is one of the best to strap it up for the Hogs. And the most impressive part of JWill is his attitude and personality. So glad he is a Hog and represents what being a HOG is all about on and off the field.   :razorback:

clutch

I think J-Will is our best back. Best all around back at least. All our backs have their strengths and differences that they bring, but if I had to pick just one right now I'd go with J-Will. That may be partly because he is a year older than Collins. Whatever the case, I'm glad we have them both. They both make each other so much better. Being able to rotate them in every 2-4 carries is a huge impact to them.

Real Hollywood

Quote from: LZH on September 14, 2014, 12:33:29 am

J Will= Cobbs
Collins= Foster

HogFanatic

I remember at least twice yesterday when J Will got stood up and he turned his back up field and drove the entire pile backwards at LEAST five yards for a first down.

That was grown ass man running yesterday. These guys are going to be hard for ANY defense to stop. Alex Collins's vision seems to get better each week and it seems like an automatic 8 yards when he runs the ball. It's just insane.

PonderinHog

They go together like peas and carrots.

incHOGnito

Alex finds the hole. JWill creates the hole. Both are equal in my eyes. I think JWill is faster and Alex is quicker. Nice argument to have.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Hog N Bama

The off season was good to our RBs. Put some muscle on and those extra few yards and broken tackles make a HUGE difference. Really impressed with their effort as well. 4 TDs for JWill. Yes sir!

pigtrino

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on September 14, 2014, 10:00:45 am
I remember at least twice yesterday when J Will got stood up and he turned his back up field and drove the entire pile backwards at LEAST five yards for a first down.

Something like a 450 pound squat......with one leg!

bigred223

You people crack me up sometimes. Let's just face the facts, both Jwill and Alex are special running backs. They both do different things better than the other. Jwill is the best at breaking tackles and getting the Td in the redzone. Alex has better vision and jukes defenders much better in the hole. I feel very comfortable with either on the field.

In my opinion, I think Alex is the better option when we are in our own territory because he seems to make 6 yard runs out of nothing. When we are in opponent's territory, Jwill just seems to have a nose for the endzone.

Once Korliss gets the ball security under control, we will be even better there. Kody Walker will also be a nice option late in games when the defense is worn out and he can use his size to keep pushing them back.

Fort Dweller

I love how they both fall forward on the rare occasion they get stood up.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Bacon_Bitz

I want to know how many times TTU's defense actually tackled JWill to the ground. Seems like half the time they didn't even tackle him, it was just three or four guys stopping his forward momentum after he pushed them forward several yards already.

runich

I don't really see any as being better than the others....The beauty of our backfield is that we have 3 great runners and they each bring something different (and dangerous) to the table:
AC:  Shifty
JW:  Power
KM:  Speed

I'm loving this backfield!   I cannot write this however, without giving mad props to our offensive line....from the looks so far this year they have made HUGE improvement.   They made holes against Auburn even that I could have picked up some yards through.

RyanLR

The vision and patience is what really impresses me. Dmac used to outrun his blocks or just bounce outside when the hole was right there for the taking. J-Will and AC don't have that problem at all. That 84 yarder by Collins, the patience he showed to let the hole develop and then blast through was a thing of beauty. J-Will looks like he could start for any team in the country.

Trottsky

Hey, Williams made the front page today! That's showing some love!

alohawg

Williams is a BAD man, period.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ballz2thewall

we haven't had a back like williams in many years.  longer, stronger, AND fast.  he's the type that bama always seems to have aplenty.

we had a kid in the 80's, savage [i think], that was supposed to be a bruiser of a tailback, but he didn't pan.

i didn't read all the replies but i did see rouse and cobb's names mentioned.  they were more finesse runners.  williams if finesse and strength, combined; a very different animal.
The rest of the frog.

hogville38

Quote from: LZH on September 14, 2014, 12:33:29 am
Dennis Johnson was hard to tackle.

ShadowTheHedgehog

You gotta love those plays where he was tackled at about 5 yards from the 1st down line and then he would turn his back to the line and keep moving the pile until he either got a first down or he was 2nd and very short.

hogville38

Quote from: bigred223 on September 14, 2014, 10:17:35 am
You people crack me up sometimes. Let's just face the facts, both Jwill and Alex are special running backs. They both do different things better than the other. Jwill is the best at breaking tackles and getting the Td in the redzone. Alex has better vision and jukes defenders much better in the hole. I feel very comfortable with either on the field.

In my opinion, I think Alex is the better option when we are in our own territory because he seems to make 6 yard runs out of nothing. When we are in opponent's territory, Jwill just seems to have a nose for the endzone.

Once Korliss gets the ball security under control, we will be even better there. Kody Walker will also be a nice option late in games when the defense is worn out and he can use his size to keep pushing them back.
Huh? Don't think anyone was debating the better back. The post was about J Will not getting the love Alex does.

Hawgzinbowlz

I think we're completely all in on JWill. Just a quiet leader goin' to work.

" GO HOGS "

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hogville38 on September 13, 2014, 11:05:58 pm

The announcer during the Auburn game said he is a violent runner. I like that.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Jackrabbit Hog

I almost wish they'd move Korliss to safety so he could get on the field more.  With J-Will and Alex doing what they're doing, I don't want CBB to take any carries away from them.  I'm good with both of them getting 18-25 carries a game.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

onebadrubi

Alex is only missing that second gear from being in every sentence with Gurley.  Jwill I still think is our number 1 back.  The kid impresses you with every thing he has done since recruitment. 

Both these Guys are very good and made much better by a HC that loves the running game.  If J Will is playing for Petrino, he is good but not BAAAAAD like he is now.  Korliss needs on the field more and if that is at Safety, so be it.  As long as we are basically a one back offense, we don't need Korliss on offense much.  Either J Will or Collins would add value to any team in the conference.

Fayettechill14

I like that J-Will is guaranteed about 2-3 more yards from the point where he is first contacted. He drags people like no one I've ever seen. It's amazing to watch.

WBC Hog

Hats off to JWill for another great game. Hope he sticks around for his senior year.

For those of you wanting to move Korliss back to safety though are crazy. We began this season with a three headed monster (Marshall being unproven) and due to his ball safety issues, we're down to a two headed monster. One play is all it takes and this ground game is in trouble. We got lucky last year and didn't have any major injuries at RB. Hopefully we can do that again this year but no way possible we move Korliss back to safety. We need him at RB for depth. The rugged SEC play hasn't even started yet...

Handing the ball off 60 times a game only increases injury too.

redeye

Quote from: Real Hollywood on September 14, 2014, 09:55:20 am
J Will= Cobbs
Collins= Foster

I can see that, but I think J Will is better then Cobbs and that Collins doesn't have the speed or power of Foster.  J Will actually reminds me more of Foster.  He's probably not as quick, but I think he's better after contact.

Quote from: incHOGnito on September 14, 2014, 10:04:41 am
Alex finds the hole. JWill creates the hole. Both are equal in my eyes. I think JWill is faster and Alex is quicker. Nice argument to have.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately.  Specifically, thinking about how quick Alex is.  He has great acceleration and just explodes through the hole.  And his feet never stop moving, even if he's not going anywhere.

hawgbawb

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 14, 2014, 09:29:42 pm
I almost wish they'd move Korliss to safety so he could get on the field more.  With J-Will and Alex doing what they're doing, I don't want CBB to take any carries away from them.  I'm good with both of them getting 18-25 carries a game.
I will be surprised if they both are 100% halfway through the season.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Hogeration

I've been a JWill fan since before he ever arrived.  His legs never quit moving.  I do think that the backs have learned from each other.  It's not a clear cut on who the shifty back is or the power back.  JWill had some moves against Tech.  While AC had some power with his shiftiness.  If AC had another gear he could shift to after breaking the line, he would be first team all american.

pigture perfect

Collins reminds me of Barry Foster and Alex reminds me of Madre Hill in his first 2 years. Corliss is in the same position as Michael Smith. He will get his chance and prove to be a huge asset at TB.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Soooie21

JW maybe Barry Foster.
AC not sure...he is a cutback machine...