Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OPEN THE FLOOD GATE

Started by lumphog, September 13, 2014, 08:40:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NLRHog92

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on September 14, 2014, 08:12:24 pm
yeah,CBB doesn't have a history getting TE's in the league. As far as WR if you like man to man coverage & got skills you can have a great career with this offense. This offense finds your weakness and exploits it. This team will pass & have success when it needs too.

Actually he does, check again.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on September 14, 2014, 08:12:24 pm
yeah,CBB doesn't have a history getting TE's in the league. As far as WR if you like man to man coverage & got skills you can have a great career with this offense. This offense finds your weakness and exploits it. This team will pass & have success when it needs too.

Owen Daniels...Biggest star of the Ravens/Steelers game the other night. Where did he go to college?

KeithStone

Quote from: cshivley1 on September 15, 2014, 08:23:09 am
Owen Daniels...Biggest star of the Ravens/Steelers game the other night. Where did he go to college?

I have a feeling this is rhetorical...however, I'm not sure you realize that by asking this question with a sarcastic undertone you open yourself up for ridicule.  Maybe you do and you're just trying to throw fuel on the fire, I'll throw another microwave popcorn in and wait to find out.

KeithStone

Quote from: cshivley1 on September 15, 2014, 08:23:09 am

Seriously, no one has issue with this statement in the context of this thread???

Pork Twain

Quote from: KeithStone on September 15, 2014, 01:42:55 pm
Seriously, no one has issue with this statement in the context of this thread???
Someone said that CBB does not have a history of putting TE's in the NFL.  That would be incorrect.  I have a problem with people not knowing what the hell they are talking about before posting.

Jake Byrne
Owen Daniels
Garrett Graham
Lance Kendricks
Jacob Pedersen
Brian Wozniak
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Oklahawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 15, 2014, 02:02:23 pmI have a problem with people not knowing what the hell they are talking about before posting.

That is HV 101 - the more you know the less you post.

Gosh, I have umpteen bazillion posts (I must know nothing). Time to rethink. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

I have always felt that one game does not swing things too far in any direction. The lone exception in my mind is the game before December visits begin.

That TGiving weekend game is a big one for recruiting purposes. The staff is ready to hit the trail and may well have new names to chase down. You need the PR of a big game/good performance to help get a foot in the door.

A single game bumps the pecking order. For example, a Reggie Walker who had UA in his top 2 for a while now has us as the leader. Maybe he watched film and it moved us a little. The game didn't suddenly elevate us to "leader" from "offered".
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

KeithStone

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 15, 2014, 02:02:23 pm
Someone said that CBB does not have a history of putting TE's in the NFL.  That would be incorrect.  I have a problem with people not knowing what the hell they are talking about before posting.

Jake Byrne
Owen Daniels
Garrett Graham
Lance Kendricks
Jacob Pedersen
Brian Wozniak

Okay, it's not a big deal, but using Owen Daniels as an example is similar to saying, "Herschel Walker had the perfect offense for his skill set, therefore, Mark Richt must be a good coach for RB's to play for."
The other 5 are NFL TE's that played under CBB, Daniels was not, I think CBB was the DC for a year or two before being named head coach and during that time Daniels went on to the League.  So if you want to give CBB credit for Daniels you also have to give Willy Robinson credit for Mallett.  That's still 5 NFL TE's, I'm not sure how many coaches have done that in a 7 or 8 year period.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 15, 2014, 02:09:07 pm

I like to think that we are highly intelligent.

;)

Pork Twain

Quote from: KeithStone on September 15, 2014, 02:23:21 pm
Okay, it's not a big deal, but using Owen Daniels as an example is similar to saying, "Herschel Walker had the perfect offense for his skill set, therefore, Mark Richt must be a good coach for RB's to play for."
The other 5 are NFL TE's that played under CBB, Daniels was not, I think CBB was the DC for a year or two before being named head coach and during that time Daniels went on to the League.  So if you want to give CBB credit for Daniels you also have to give Willy Robinson credit for Mallett.  That's still 5 NFL TE's, I'm not sure how many coaches have done that in a 7 or 8 year period.
I see where you are coming from there.  CBB started in 2006 as the HC and OD was drafted in 2006.  I thought there was a 1 year overlap.  See what I mean about people not knowing what the hell they are talking about.

Steef

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 15, 2014, 02:09:07 pm

Thanks a lot.

I am depressed, now.

lefty08

Quote from: deedster84 on September 15, 2014, 02:11:08 am
For Reggie Walker, they have us and TxTech as his favorites. Should help with him.
http://247sports.com/Player/Reggie-Walker-37741

Isnt there a safety down to tech and us as well?  Something like khalil haughton?  Forgive the spelling
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: lefty08 on September 15, 2014, 08:20:26 pm
Isnt there a safety down to tech and us as well?  Something like khalil haughton?  Forgive the spelling

The Safety is considering OU and Baylor as well

The Boar War

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 15, 2014, 02:02:23 pm

Jake Byrne
Owen Daniels
Garrett Graham
Lance Kendricks
Jacob Pedersen
Brian Wozniak

I thought it was pretty clear he was being sarcastic.

fakebobholt

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 13, 2014, 10:26:30 pm
If you're a RB or OL, easy choice. If you're a TE or WR, you might want to reconsider. Just the facts.

Pork Twain

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

GolfnHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 13, 2014, 10:26:30 pm
If you're a RB or OL, easy choice. If you're a TE or WR, you might want to reconsider. Just the facts.

News flash, you ain't Joe Friday so you don't know the facts.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"