Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zach Rogers: broken ankle

Started by Music City Hog, September 12, 2014, 10:59:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Poor guy can't catch a break (no pun intended)

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

HogWildBison2011

That sucks bad... Praying for the kids recovery.

redeye

That ain't good.   :'(

But it is something he can overcome. 

pigture perfect

Ouch! Should be OK in a couple to three months
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jackflash

wish him well also. Sounds a little bit like RB Davis high school career

Amityvillehogger

"It was a cheap shot" is what is being reported.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

trashcan maN

Anyone know how bad of a break it is? I hope it's not bad like Knile's was.

online-with-swine

That sucks for him.  I hope he gets well soon.

jbcarol

Retweeted by Randy Rogers
Ryan Wright @HogManInLa  ·  Sep 11

Interview with #Arkansas Class of 2015 commitment Zach Rogers @HebronHawks75: http://www.elitesportsnetwork.com/news/1139  #Razorbacks #WPS #Texas
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mhuff

Kyle

@hawksdad75: @jacksdad007 @ArRecruitingGuy @HebronHawks75 No this was a cheap shot no other was to put it I have watched film and It was 1000% dirty play

His dad tweeted this earlier. Sad if true, but hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

SemperFi

My wife is an Orthopedic Nurse and said typically and depending on the severity of the brake it will be a 6-8 week healing process and then several months of rehab. Is Zach an early enrollee? If so, he can be ready to go by Spring, but that might be pushing it.

I hate that it was done intentionally. Young man deserved to finish his senior season.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: SemperFi on September 14, 2014, 10:03:35 am
My wife is an Orthopedic Nurse and said typically and depending on the severity of the brake it will be a 6-8 week healing process and then several months of rehab. Is Zach an early enrollee? If so, he can be ready to go by Spring, but that might be pushing it.

I hate that it was done intentionally. Young man deserved to finish his senior season.

Maybe it will be better to redshirt him and get him a full year of rest rehab and Herb.

ShadowTheHedgehog

jb11

He will more than likely redshirt either way. No reason to burn it next year as a back up. We need to redshirt as many OL and DL as possible.  We are getting to that point.

SemperFi

I definitely like the idea of red shirting Zach Rogers. A year to strengthen his ankle and to get past the mental thing about injuries and a year with Coach Herbert to transform his body.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ShadowTheHedgehog

Do they re-evaluate (and lower) the star rating of injured players that are out for most of the season? I mean if he was/is a 4* can they lower the rating if he does not play due to injury?

I am not concerned for the teams recruiting ranking but I think it would be a crappy thing to do to a kid if they lower his rating due to injury.

I ask because I remember reading that Juan Day would had been a 4* but he was injured in his Sr. year. As far as I remember Juan started his Sr. year injured and that may be why he never got his 4th *, but Zach was rated a 4 * and then injured.

Thanks.

Call a Hog

BoynamedWooPigSooie

We're gonna need Zach ready to play.  He should be able to go through light drills in the spring
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

SamBuckhart

Get well soon, Zach. Tough way to end your hs career.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

RazorBassin

Prayers for speedy helaing, get well soon young man!

Arkamedes

Praying you get back to 100% soon! You're part of our family now and we share your pain. Go Hebron Hawks! Go Hogs!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

blu

I broke my ankle Jr year of HS in the second game and was playing again before the season was over. Wasn't 100 percent, but depending on severity of the break he could easily be ready by next spring.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

3kgthog

Better to break it than severely sprain it IMO. I'm a weak ankled guy in both feet and have had several bad sprains with one right ankle injury being a break. That break felt better sooner than any bad sprain I ever had. Granted, you aren't walking on it, but it just seemed to have fewer healing issues and fewer problems after the cast came off.

fortsmithokie

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 14, 2014, 12:05:23 pm
Do they re-evaluate (and lower) the star rating of injured players that are out for most of the season? I mean if he was/is a 4* can they lower the rating if he does not play due to injury?

I am not concerned for the teams recruiting ranking but I think it would be a crappy thing to do to a kid if they lower his rating due to injury.

I ask because I remember reading that Juan Day would had been a 4* but he was injured in his Sr. year. As far as I remember Juan started his Sr. year injured and that may be why he never got his 4th *, but Zach was rated a 4 * and then injured.

Thanks.

I have seen Rivals downgrade kids in the past after they were injured. I can't point to a specific right now, but I have seen it happen.

PorkRinds

He should be able to come here, redshirt a year, and be ready to go.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: fortsmithokie on September 15, 2014, 08:19:47 am
I have seen Rivals downgrade kids in the past after they were injured. I can't point to a specific right now, but I have seen it happen.

Thanks. That is a harsh thing to do to a kid that has already been struck by a huge setback.

The_Iceman

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2014, 08:23:36 am
He should be able to come here, redshirt a year, and be ready to go.

The Center position is in good hands with Ragnow/

Amityvillehogger

Sad that he missed most of his HS football. Get well
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

NMMIHog

BrianWPS!!

Ragnow will be solid at the center position for as long as he is at Arkansas.  Zach will give him great competition but will eventually be moved i believe to one of the guard spots. 

redeye

Quote from: fortsmithokie on September 15, 2014, 08:19:47 am

Yea, same here.

OLDHOG

Get all the injuries out of the way now so you can have a great career here at Arkansas. Good luck on your recovery and God bless. See u on the hill soon.