Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Recruiting

Started by Prestworthy, September 12, 2014, 05:06:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

With the shorthorns struggling mightily lately, could it mean more Texans looking north?

greenie

Certainly means aTm has even less trouble getting who they want.  Baylor also seems to be backfilling any recruiting void left by UT.  I hope it helps us, but don't think it will have much effect.

Prestworthy

Quote from: greenie on September 12, 2014, 05:29:01 pm
Certainly means aTm has even less trouble getting who they want.  Baylor also seems to be backfilling any recruiting void left by UT.  I hope it helps us, but don't think it will have much effect.
Baylor currently has only 4 4* commits.  Had only 3 last year.  Maybe it's just tough to recruit there, like Arkansas.

Prestworthy

But other than aTm, who else would recruit better than this year's class at Arkansas? TCU? (no 4* commits) TTech? (1-5*, 3-4*)

Oklahoma has grabbed lots of them in the past, but where will all these Texas kids go??

HOGINTENNESSEE

Sounds nice, but right now we as far down on the Texas Recruiting Food chain as we have ever been.

Ok, Ok State, TCU, Aggies, Texas Tech and Baylor all appear to be ahead of us in Texas.

I believe this is the reason CBB went and got Jennings and EK Franks who both have deep Texas Ties.

ricepig

That's all well and good on Texas, but we better have some coaches in Florida on our bye weeks.

redeye

Not only do I think it will help, but I think it already is helping.  We've struggled to even receive attention from Texas players with UT offers in the past, but I think they're already looking at us more seriously.  It's obviously going to help A&M more and maybe some other schools, but they can't sign 'em all.

The_Bionic_Pig

Is it safe to assume they are attending some Texas High School Football tonight?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hdturner

We can bring recruits to A&M game in Cowboys stadium now. This should help in future in TX

Bebop

We need to hit Louisiana harder. They have defensive players that we need.

redeye

Quote from: Bebop on September 12, 2014, 08:41:26 pm
We need to hit Louisiana harder. They have defensive players that we need.

I think we already are hitting Louisiana harder.  This staff seems to be everywhere.

Cardinal Browne

Today's game should help and if we can beat aTm then Texas recruiting could really pick up! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: