Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AP arrested in child injury case

Started by ldfergu, September 12, 2014, 04:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 12, 2014, 11:37:25 pm
Yeah, I would accept every word in that "reporter's" story as gospel.  She is obviously unbiased, using terms like "monster",  sick", and "cruelly texted".

It's all over the news and in multiple stories. That's the first one I pulled up. You sure are going a long way to protect a child abuser. Beyond that, all those words are actually fairly accurate.

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2014, 11:36:52 pm
I'm gonna go with "he was beaten until he bled all over his body including his testicles". S. What if he had punched his 4 year old in the eye? What's the most serious injury! That his eye hurts?

He "bled all over his body"? You got photos of that?

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 12, 2014, 11:39:09 pm
He "bled all over his body"? You got photos of that?

Ok, I'm sorry. It was just his hands, thighs, arms, legs, and testicles.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: jesterzzn on September 12, 2014, 06:49:19 pm
Neither did Ray Rice...

Look, NFL is on notice.  The social inquisition in this country has targeted them.  Everything they do will be magnified, and they no longer operate under the same rules as other people (even more so than before).  Punishment will be excessive.  Lives will be destroyed over things that even a decade ago would not have raised more than an eyebrow.

I don't know the details here.  I don't know what 'really' happened.  But I know enough based on the initial reporting that AP is a target of these people at these giant Social Inquisition PR firms that help guide these stories on sites like Yahoo and Gawker.  They have already established the narrative that AP is a child abuser and they will push that narrative.

Next you will see this tied in to the "culture of domestic violence" and after that you will see them draw ties between these monstrous weapons of violence (NFL players) and the mostly straight white men that profit off their gladiatorial combat at the expense of the women and children that are brutalized in secret behind closed doors.  Just wait.  This is just the beginning of all this crap.

Welcome to the new Mainstream America.  What happens when children indoctrinated with political correctness and moral relativity grow up?  You are living it and its just begun.  The special snowflakes are adults.  Lord help us all.

This rant means little since it was a rural Texas grand jury that indicted him and before that no one had said anything about it.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

September 13, 2014, 08:35:29 am #104 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:48:29 am by Fatty McGee
The other thing to remember is that AP isn't the custodial parent. While we are defending his discipline we need to remember we don't know how active he is in these kids lives. You don't get to just pop in and lay down the law and then pop out. You need to coordinate with the mom on discipline since she's the regular parent, just as a courtesy.

Ex-Trumpet

What's getting lost in this whole debate is we don't have all the facts or context...but that isn't gonna matter, given the week the NFL and Goodell have had.  The media is gonna pounce and broadcast anything and try to exploit it.  It's what they do; and what we need to do is use some discernment.

And, how someone disciplines a child is his own business (unless it's criminal--which with AP we don't know at this point) and the employer should stay the eff out.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 13, 2014, 08:47:36 am
What's getting lost in this whole debate is we don't have all the facts or context...but that isn't gonna matter, given the week the NFL and Goodell have had.  The media is gonna pounce and broadcast anything and try to exploit it.  It's what they do; and what we need to do is use some discernment.

And, how someone disciplines a child is his own business (unless it's criminal--which with AP we don't know at this point) and the employer should stay the eff out.

Well the facts are he has been charged with child abuse by the state if Texas. So at this point it has been deemed criminal. Could he win or get the charges dropped? Sure. But as of now, factually, it was a criminal act. I'm betting he takes a very good plea deal and agrees to attend counseling.

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2014, 09:26:08 am
Well the facts are he has been charged with child abuse by the state if Texas. So at this point it has been deemed criminal. Could he win or get the charges dropped? Sure. But as of now, factually, it was a criminal act. I'm betting he takes a very good plea deal and agrees to attend counseling.

Absolutely false.  All the indictment means is that the grand jury has decided there is enough in what they heard and saw to send the case to trial to determine IF a crime took place.  It does not prove that Adrian Peterson is a criminal or that his actions violated the criminal code.

Rick Perry was just indicted by a Texas grand jury, too.  I don't know of anyone with any understanding of Texas law who believes he actually committed a crime.

majestic

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 13, 2014, 10:43:37 am
Absolutely false.  All the indictment means is that the grand jury has decided there is enough in what they heard and saw to send the case to trial to determine IF a crime took place.  It does not prove that Adrian Peterson is a criminal or that his actions violated the criminal code.

Rick Perry was just indicted by a Texas grand jury, too.  I don't know of anyone with any understanding of Texas law who believes he actually committed a crime.
I generally like your posts and consider you to be rational person.  I think your position on this matter has changed my mind on the rationality part.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

reddogjcss

I do not condone child abuse but I endorse child spankings!
If he is getting in trouble for spanking with a switch my parents should get life! Lol
That's one thing wrong in society today is kids can not be punished,
I got spanked by both parents, teachers, coaches, principles, aunts and uncles. I new if I done something wrong I would be punished.
I got spanked with paddles, wooden spoons, switches, belts, hair brushes, etc...
We wonder why today's kids and young adults have no respect and act like the do.
Oh well my two cents worth.

LZH

It's just another small nibble that the government takes into our private lives.  If people don't throw a fit now, one of these days there will be cameras in everyone's homes.  And no, I'm not kidding.

#NeverYield

If you haven't seen the pictures of the bruises, you should see them. What he did was way beyond a 'spanking'. At least a dozen lacerations to this 4 year olds thighs and rear. Bleeding wounds... He went way too far. I was spanked as a child, and will not spare the newspaper, belt, or wooden spoon either. But i will never do what he did to his child.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: LZH on September 13, 2014, 12:28:58 pm
It's just another small nibble that the government takes into our private lives.  If people don't throw a fit now, one of these days there will be cameras in everyone's homes.  And no, I'm not kidding.

That would be so terrible to be involved in our private lives.

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

hogs24

**puts on tinfoil hat**
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

fakebobholt

Quote from: #NeverYield on September 13, 2014, 12:29:51 pm
If you haven't seen the pictures of the bruises, you should see them. What he did was way beyond a 'spanking'. At least a dozen lacerations to this 4 year olds thighs and rear. Bleeding wounds... He went way too far. I was spanked as a child, and will not spare the newspaper, belt, or wooden spoon either. But i will never do what he did to his child.

this, what can a 4 year old do to get that kindnof a spanking. I got throttled as a youth but probably deserved it. A 4 year old cant screw up bad enough for the marks that were left on him

Hawk

I'm not sure the problem is the spanking. From reports that I've heard on the radio, the child was scratched and cut from his ankles up his legs from the whipping. And keep in mind, the boy is 4 years old.

I was spanked much like you described in your childhood and I spanked my 3 as well. But I never broke the skin on any of them, nor ever would I.

Killean

damn scientists.. showing that certain kinds of behaviors that were widely accepted actually produce negative results.

Science needs to stay out of our business and let us do things the way god intended.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

popcornhog

Quote from: reddogjcss on September 13, 2014, 12:25:56 pm
If he is getting in trouble for spanking with a switch my parents should get life! Lol
I got spanked by both parents, teachers, coaches, principles, aunts and uncles. I new if I done something wrong I would be punished.
I got spanked with paddles, wooden spoons, switches, belts, hair brushes, etc...
We wonder why today's kids and young adults have no respect and act like the do.

Did AP play at Arkansas?
WPS

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: reddogjcss on September 13, 2014, 12:25:56 pm

Did the put it to you so hard they cut your back, your legs and ankles?

I also believe in the spare the rod, spoil the child but there is a line between spanking a child and beating a child. A 2 year old child should never have cuts and bruises on his back from a spanking. NEVER. I like AP but spanking a child for discipline doesn't mean beat the kid......a 2 year old kid at that.

PRJ

LZH

Quote from: hogs24 on September 13, 2014, 12:31:12 pm
**puts on tinfoil hat**

I know.  But if you don't think Homeland Security is already being abused then you'll just have to keep laughing.  Just as sure as this conflict in Syria is about Iranian oil, the Big Brother government is not as sci-fi as it used to be.  How many camera are on city streets now?....."for our safety".  One day we're gonna need to be protected inside our own houses.

Killean

I'm pretty sure that Adrian Peterson is on the fantasy football team of at least one current Razorback, so it's definitely related and needs to be on MMQB on gameday.

:P
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Spanking and beating are two different things.

Fatty McGee

It wasn't the government. It was a grand jury, made up of citizens of the area where the child lives.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2014, 09:26:08 am

At this point there are no known "facts."  We should all hope that the judicial system can function properly in this case (and all cases).  My fear is that there could be some "facts" taken out of context--or even fabricated--that could taint the case.

I will withhold my judgement until all the facts are out there.  And, I will still be reluctant to believe we will have all the facts to properly form a judgement on the matter.

On the other hand, if he is guilty of actual child abuse (not just media's trumped-up sensationalism) he needs to be held accountable.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Tigerloather

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 12, 2014, 09:19:27 pm
Did he whip you or did he beat the crap out of you?   There is a difference.   Did this happen when you were 4? And are you doing the same to your child? 
Do you whip your children?
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Tigerloather

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

HiggiePiggy

September 14, 2014, 09:31:06 am #128 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:17:09 am by HiggiePiggy
Quote from: Tigerloather on September 13, 2014, 08:54:33 pm
What is your preferred method of discipline?

So far I talk to my child and let him understand what he has done. Timeouts when young and groundings, taking things they like away from them when they get older. 

No matter what every time they do something wrong is an opourtunity to teach them to do the right thing. If you are more focused on beating them then that isn't teaching them anything (except be violent later in life)it's just letting out your own frustration which is to make you feel better because you feel like you did something good.  In reality you lost a chance to teach your kid more. Instead you just teach your kid to be violent when things are not right in his or her future. 

Kids are going to do things that piss parents off.  Usually it's because they are young and don't fully understand the things they are doing.  It's why I have always said the meanest people are kids because they don't know any better until they learn what they were doing was wrong.   

Talking with your kid through out everything you are more likely going to have the chances to change his or her future when they are older because they won't be afraid to come to you for questions instead of hiding everything from you because of fear of a beating.   

Fear is not the way to raise kids. Parents are suppose to be there no matter what happens in life.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

EastexHawg

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 13, 2014, 12:32:12 pm
this, what can a 4 year old do to get that kindnof a spanking. I got throttled as a youth but probably deserved it. A 4 year old cant screw up bad enough for the marks that were left on him

It's the way a switch works.  It hurts/stings like heck and makes you never want to have it happen to you again, but the "wounds" are superficial.  The kid is no more "injured" than he would be if he had run through a briar patch.

We have "universal" everything, so can government mandated universal child discipline be far behind?

DOGALUM

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2014, 11:50:31 am
It's the way a switch works.  It hurts/stings like heck and makes you never want to have it happen to you again, but the "wounds" are superficial.  The kid is no more "injured" than he would be if he had run through a briar patch.

We have "universal" everything, so can government mandated universal child discipline be far behind?
Whether I think this was abuse or not.......I certainly agree with the universal child discipline not being too far out.   (I don't agree that it SHOULD happen.....only that it WILL)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Ex-Trumpet

I'd be willing to bet that anyone that's ever spanked a child (or been spanked) has left a mark that might have been construed by today's pc society as abuse.

Settle down, people, and let the facts come out.  The real facts, not some manufactured hysteria by the media, which by definition is a bunch of headline-craving-pantywaste-attention-craving whores, willing to sell to the highest bidder.

EastexHawg

While I think he may have gone a little further with the switching than he should have this time, and probably will go in the future, the question to be answered is...

Was what he did CRIMINAL? 

Come on, now.  Criminal? 

DOGALUM

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2014, 12:21:07 pm
While I think he may have gone a little further with the switching than he should have this time, and probably will go in the future, the question to be answered is...

Come on, now.  Criminal? 
Like you said yourself in your previous post.......let's wait and see.  Not sure how any of us can be certain one way or the other right now.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

SteveInArk

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2014, 12:21:07 pm

Come on, now.  Criminal? 

With the information out there at this time, I'd tend to agree.

What concerns me (for you current and future fathers):

The "middle ground" of parenting is getting smaller.  DISCLAIMER:  The following comment has NOTHING TO DO with the Petersen case, so don't go there.

Corporal punishment has become very out of vogue in recent decades.  The line between discipline and abuse is so fuzzy, it's scary, depending on whch part of the country you live.

Fast forward to the juvenile years, when spanking/whippings are not really appropriate anymore.  If your child is now a little "out of control" ... gets caught skipping school, engaging in mischief, criminal mischief ... they want to prosecute the parents.  Again, very dependent on the part of the country you live in.

You guys and gals have a thinner line to walk then I did.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

EastexHawg

Quote from: DOGALUM on September 15, 2014, 12:33:43 pm
Like you said yourself in your previous post.......let's wait and see.  Not sure how any of us can be certain one way or the other right now.

I'm certain that a few red welts from getting lit up with a switch would have drawn an "are you kidding me?" if turned over to the cops or district attorney when I was a kid. 

If you're not punching, breaking bones, starving, killing, or having sex with your kids how you raise and discipline them should be none of anyone else's business.  I'm not real sure why today's society thinks it is.

PorkRyan

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2014, 05:05:10 pm
I'm certain that a few red welts from getting lit up with a switch would have drawn an "are you kidding me?" if turned over to the cops or district attorney when I was a kid. 

If you're not punching, breaking bones, starving, killing, or having sex with your kids how you raise and discipline them should be none of anyone else's business.  I'm not real sure why today's society thinks it is.

Well now there is a report that AP was investigated for punching one of his other 4 year olds in the face.  There were no charges filed, but the evidence will be used against him for this case.  There is a pattern here.  This isn't discipline, it is  abuse.  He punched a 4 year old for saying a curse word.  The other 4 year got the lashings because he wanted a turn on the video game.  We are talking about 4 YEAR OLDS. 

If AP was so worried about being a great parent, maybe he shouldn't have had 8 kids out of wedlock.       

EastexHawg

Where are you getting "punched"?  There is no claim that he punched the kid.  Besides, the mother tried to turn him in to CPS in two states when it happened 15 months ago and both agencies found no evidence of wrongdoing, only a parent disciplining his child. 

You're right about the kids out of wedlock thing.  I think the kids' mother should get married to a clerk at the Chevron Mini Mart, have the guy adopt the kids, and live her/their life without Peterson...and his money, of course...in the picture.

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2014, 08:48:52 am
Where are you getting "punched"?  There is no claim that he punched the kid.  Besides, the mother tried to turn him in to CPS in two states when it happened 15 months ago and both agencies found no evidence of wrongdoing, only a parent disciplining his child. 

You're right about the kids out of wedlock thing.  I think the kids' mother should get married to a clerk at the Chevron Mini Mart, have the guy adopt the kids, and live her/their life without Peterson...and his money, of course...in the picture.

So he hits the kid, and the kid ends up with a bleeding wound on his head. Whether he punched him or not, who knows?  Why you keep defending a guy that's abusing kids is beyond me.  Pretty disgusting.  He's now drawn blood on two separate kids.  Nah, no story there.  Move along.  Just another disciplinarian. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 16, 2014, 09:20:58 am
So he hits the kid, and the kid ends up with a bleeding wound on his head. Whether he punched him or not, who knows?  Why you keep defending a guy that's abusing kids is beyond me.  Pretty disgusting.  He's now drawn blood on two separate kids.

He has "drawn blood"?  If you are talking about the blood that comes to the surface on top of a welt from switching, you are correct.  Just as you would be correct if you said briars or a rose bush "drew blood" from a scratch.

The difference between some of you and me is that I don't find a parent using a switch on his children to be criminal.  I have had raised, bloody welts from a switching when I was a kid and I don't think my parents were criminals, either.

Why you think it is the place of the criminal justice system to inject itself into a situation where a parent is disciplining his kids...not injuring them, not starving them, not breaking their bones, not having sex with them, but disciplining them with a switch...is beyond me.  Why does it matter so much to you?

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2014, 10:10:30 am
He has "drawn blood"?  If you are talking about the blood that comes to the surface on top of a welt from switching, you are correct.  Just as you would be correct if you said briars or a rose bush "drew blood" from a scratch.

The difference between some of you and me is that I don't find a parent using a switch on his children to be criminal.  I have had raised, bloody welts from a switching when I was a kid and I don't think my parents were criminals, either.

Why you think it is the place of the criminal justice system to inject itself into a situation where a parent is disciplining his kids...not injuring them, not starving them, not breaking their bones, not having sex with them, but disciplining them with a switch...is beyond me.  Why does it matter so much to you?

Is it cool if he uses his fists to discipline his kids?  And how can you say the kid wasn't injured?  One kid got bloody marks all over his butt, legs, thighs, arms, hands, and back.  Another got hit in the face and his head busted open.  You call that discipline?  And evidently it matters as much to you as it does me.  After all, we're both doing nothing more than arguing about it on an internet forum.  But to answer your question, it matters to me because I was abused as a kid by an older step sibling.  It left me with long lasting emotional scars that I didn't let go of until I was into adulthood.  Scars that, along with other things, caused lots of turmoil in my life.  Whether he did it because he thought it was right or not doesn't matter.  He crossed a line from discipline to child abuse.  Defend it all you want, but it's pretty disgusting to do so IMO.  He's drawn blood on two separate kids now.  And by drawn blood, I mean hit them so hard he caused an open wound. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 16, 2014, 12:33:02 pm
Is it cool if he uses his fists to discipline his kids?

No, and it wouldn't be okay if he slashed him with a Bowie knife or sodomized him, either.  But that's not what happened.  The fact that you find using a switch...a long-employed method of whupping kids...to be unacceptable doesn't make it equivalent to punching a child with a closed fist.

QuoteAnother got hit in the face and his head busted open.

You got a link to this "head busted open" thing?  I didn't think so.

CPS investigated the alleged "incident" last year.  If the kid had been "hit in the face and his head busted open" they wouldn't have dismissed the case without further investigation.

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2014, 12:50:55 pm
No, and it wouldn't be okay if he slashed him with a Bowie knife or sodomized him, either.  But that's not what happened.  The fact that you find using a switch...a long-employed method of whupping kids...to be unacceptable doesn't make it equivalent to punching a child with a closed fist.

You got a link to this "head busted open" thing?  I didn't think so.

CPS investigated the alleged "incident" last year.  If the kid had been "hit in the face and his head busted open" they wouldn't have dismissed the case without further investigation.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/investigations/2014/09/15/new-accusations-peterson-injured-another-son-while-disciplining-4-year-old/15693941/

From AP's texts about the incident:

QuoteMother : "What happened to his head?

Peterson: "Hit his head on the Carseat".

Mother "How does this happen, he got a whoopin in the car"

Peterson: "Yep"

Mother: "Why?'

Peterson: "I felt so bad. But he did it his self."

Mother: "What did you hit him with?"

Peterson:  "be still n (and) take ya (your) whopping, he would have saved the scare (scar). "He's aight (all right)."

So again, he blames the kid.  There's a picture of the kid with bandages on the wound on his head, and Peterson admits the kid will have a scar.  I'm glad you have such faith in the government to investigate.  CPS is definitely known for competency.

EastexHawg

So now the kid thrashing around trying to avoid a spanking and hitting his own head on a car seat is "got hit in the face and his head busted open"?

I guess if my mom had been trying to whup me outside and in trying to run away from her I had stubbed and fractured my toe she would have been guilty of "slamming me into an object hard enough to break my bones".

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2014, 01:19:40 pm
So now the kid thrashing around trying to avoid a spanking and hitting his own head on a car seat is "got hit in the face and his head busted open"?

I guess if my mom had been trying to whup me outside and in trying to run away from her I had stubbed and fractured my toe she would have been guilty of "slamming me into an object hard enough to break my bones".

He was in a car seat.  They are covered in padding.  what exactly did he hit his head on to bust it open?

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2014, 01:19:40 pm

It's awfully hard for someone to bust their head on a car seat. If they are strapped in properly they can barely move, much less enough to bust their head open on a padded seat.

EastexHawg

Can you cite something, an article, a charge by police...something...that says the kid got his head "busted open"?  Or is that just more hyperbole to make the argument sound better?

Is it really your belief that Adrian Peterson...a guy who is about 220-230 pounds of solid muscle and would stomp a mudhole in just about everyone on this board...punched this 4 year old hard enough to "bust his head open" and the authorities just chalked it up to "boys will be boys"?  Really?

PorkRinds

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2014, 05:29:53 pm
Can you cite something, an article, a charge by police...something...that says the kid got his head "busted open"?  Or is that just more hyperbole to make the argument sound better?

Is it really your belief that Adrian Peterson...a guy who is about 220-230 pounds of solid muscle and would stomp a mudhole in just about everyone on this board...punched this 4 year old hard enough to "bust his head open" and the authorities just chalked it up to "boys will be boys"?  Really?

Oh I don't know. You could just read his statement where he says the kid busted his head and will have a scar. Or you could just bury your head deeper in the "he's just parenting" sand.

EastexHawg

NEWSFLASH - ANOTHER NFL PLAYER CHARGED!  EPIDEMIC SPREADS!

The media feeding frenzy continues, and why not?  There are 53 players on each active roster plus practice squads, physically unable to perform, and whatever the heck it is that Adrian Peterson is listed as.  Let's say there are 63 players per team.  With 32 teams, that's only 2,016 men.

Four out of 2016, or one out of 504, have been charged in the last six months with punching a fiancee, assaulting a wife or girlfriend, or worst of all using a SWITCH...the cruelest abuse of all...to discipline a kid.

Hell, this isn't an epidemic, it is a PANDEMIC.  Think about the numbers here.  To reach a level as astronomically high as the NFL is exhibiting, if you live in a town of 50,000 people...with 12,500 of them men (one male, one female, and two children on average)...a whopping 25...let's repeat that, it's two-five, twenty five... of them would have had to be guilty of slapping or tossing around a woman or spanking a kid too hard at some point.

I can see why Budweiser is so concerned.  I wonder what their response would be if there were 25 DWIs in a city of 50,000 over the course of six months.  They would probably suspend themselves, better yet ban themselves for life.

Run, run for your lives!!!!!

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: Hogfan46 on September 12, 2014, 06:59:55 pm
This child was 4 years old. Broken skin and wounds to his thighs and scrotum!?! This is absolutely child abuse.
I agree. I can't get past the age of the child. My oldest grandson is almost 4 and while I agree there is a need for discipline for children, what happened to this little boy is NOT discipline. Also, this situation is completely different than the Ray Rice deal and should not be construed as all one big problem. One is domestic violence and the other is child abuse. This is certainly controversial with a lot of differing opinions.