Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss 56 ... UL Lafayette 15 ... Final from Oxford

Started by jbcarol, September 12, 2014, 10:01:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin @CourtneyRCronin  ·  11m

Let's try this again... WATCH: @HKellenbergerCL & I talk Ole Miss-ULL prep on College Football Frenzy. > http://www.clarionledger.com/videos/sports/college/ole-miss/2014/09/12/15502489/ ...

Luke Johnson @LukeJohnsonAdv  ·  16h

#RaginCajuns wideout Jamal Robinson is officially questionable for Saturday's game. Hud unsure if he'll travel, will decide that tomorro
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Parrish Alford @parrishalford  ·  2h

Opponent Q-and-A with Jay Walker, veteran voice of the Ragin' Cajuns. http://insideolemisssports.com/2014/09/12/opponent-q/ ... #OleMiss #ULL

QuotePA: Take us through the La. Tech game. I think people who have knowledge of the Cajuns were surprised by that score. Give us a Cliff Notes version of what went wrong and what the Cajuns have to do to improve this week.

Jay: Everything that could go wrong went wrong.  Tech came out with an attitude prevalent on the first play when return man Montrell Carter was hammered at the 15 yard line.  I don't think the Cajuns ever matched LT's intensity.  They gave up four plays of 32 yards or more that set up scores.  Jamal Robinson, the Cajuns' biggest outside playmaker, went down early with an ankle injury and didn't return.  RB Elijah McGuire tweaked a muscle as well.  Then down 24-7, the Cajuns turned it over three times, which made it a blowout.

PA: How much do the Cajuns rely on the run game? Looks like a nice mix of power and speed at running back and a good athlete at quarterback.

Jay: The Cajuns have to run the football to be successful...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Parrish Alford @parrishalford  ·  20h

OL coach Matt Luke, guard Justin Bell assess line play for #OleMiss. http://insideolemisssports.com/2014/09/12/ol-update/ ...

QuoteHugh Freeze said on Monday that he and the staff were going to put the pedal down in terms of getting UCLA transfer Christian Morris ready to play, presumably as a back-up at both tackle spots.

OL coach Matt Luke talks in slower terms of getting Morris on the field. Morris was moved up to get reps with the twos in practice this week. Luke uses the words "rusty" and "overweight" to describe Morris. That's overweight just a little bit, he notes, but it's less than ideal conditioning for Morris, and that's not surprising for a guy who is not only new in the program but has also had to overcome an Achilles injury...

NaturalStateReb

14-0 Rebs, 2:23 1st
56 yd TD run by Mathers
40 yd TD rec by Walton
1 fumble recovered by Ole Miss
Wallace 10/10, 178 yds, 1 TD
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

NaturalStateReb

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  1m
ULL on the board with a field goal. Ole Miss 28, ULL 3 with 1:15 remaining in the half.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  3m
Cody Core doing Cody Core things. Acrobatic touchdown catch puts Ole Miss up 35-6 with 10:30 remaining in the third quarter.

jbcarol

Ben Garrett @SpiritBen  ·  10m
Ryan Buchanan is in for Bo Wallace, who had another fine day. 23 of 28 for 316 yards, four touchdowns and one interception.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  8m
Hey remember when Ole Miss was down at halftime to Central Arkansas and had to come back to win?

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  9m
It's 49-6 Ole Miss with 7:48 left in the third quarter.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Parrish Alford @parrishalford  ·  1h
The Cajuns have scored a touchdown, the first allowed by the #OleMiss defense since 4:26 of the 4th quarter against Boise. Rebels up 49-13

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

Sorry I pooped out on my updates....2 year old and wife kidnapped the iPad, then it was off to the grill. :D

jbcarol

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 13, 2014, 07:56:35 pm
Sorry I pooped out on my updates....2 year old and wife kidnapped the iPad, then it was off to the grill. :D

More important things...

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  2h
Bo Wallace throws for four touchdowns and the Ole Miss defense intercepts three passes in a rout of ULL. http://on.thec-l.com/1s1kusR

I'Tavius Mathers (toe), Jordan Wilkins and a Moore twin (both ankles) did not finish the game. No word on severity of injuries.

jbcarol

C-L Sports @CLSports  ·  9h

Today in Sports: Kellenberger: Ole Miss QB Wallace shreds ULL http://on.thec-l.com/1s1SHme

QuoteBo Wallace finished the game 23-for-28 with 316 yards and four touchdowns...

The senior three-year starter completed his first 14 passes, and made it look easy. Repeatedly, Wallace went through his progression, surveyed the field and found the soft spot in the Ragin' Cajun defense. And when it was time to throw, he did it with good mechanics and zip on the ball.

"I'm playing how I expect myself to play," Wallace said. "I just have to do it every week."

It's the second-straight game where Wallace has done almost everything right (he did throw an interception in the second quarter, but most blamed receiver Cody Core's timing). As much worry as there was after that three-pick first half against Boise State, Wallace is 58-for-72 passing (80.5 percent) for 857 yards, eight touchdowns and one interception since then...

So is this the actual Wallace? Coach Hugh Freeze says he thinks so...

"We still have a small sample size," Freeze said. "... He's been really solid, he seems really poised. At the hotel, he's very confident in the plan and understands it."

But for Ole Miss to have success next month, when it begins a season-making stretch of five games that includes four top-10 opponents, this is the Wallace that Ole Miss has to have...