Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida 36 ... Kentucky 30 ... Final in 3 OT from The Swamp

Started by jbcarol, September 12, 2014, 07:17:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

BorderPatrol

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

lumphog

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

BorderPatrol

jbcarol

Steef

razorJAcker

fakebobholt

Quote from: redeye on September 13, 2014, 10:32:28 pm
Depends on what you're building.  You can have immediate success with a spread offense, but it took Saban a couple of years to build a pro-style at Alabama, of

saban gets a different level of athlete. This excuse of we dont want quick sucess might be the dumbest argument in college football. Ive only seen it here. So A $ M, ol miss, and MO have had success,  are ranked as high as top 10 but no fan wants that because all of a sudden they will suck.

Shorttimer

Mark Stoops acts like he'd fit right in at a Nutt family reunion.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

jbcarol

razorJAcker

Quote from: Shorttimer on September 13, 2014, 10:39:35 pm
Mark Stoops acts like he'd fit right in at a Nutt family reunion.

I like his passion and enthusiasm.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 13, 2014, 10:38:20 pm
He has that gut sinking feeling.

bp
I suppose he got a text from Foley about breakfast in the morning???  ;)

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: BorderPatrol on September 13, 2014, 10:38:20 pm
He has that gut sinking feeling.

bp
Why? It's obvious the check cleared. He just worried about what he's gonna have for supper.

LZH

jbcarol

ScotchHog

Always waiting

jbcarol

razorJAcker

razorJAcker

Quote from: razorJAcker on September 13, 2014, 10:43:34 pm
Blocked.

Or was it?  Fluttered like it was blocked and didn't go very far but might have just been a shank.

root_hawg

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ScotchHog on September 13, 2014, 10:42:52 pm
UK needs better receivers.
You could put Megatron, Dez, and Crabtree out there and it wouldn't matter......when the SEC wants you to lose it's OVER.

LZH

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 13, 2014, 10:27:49 pm
This game, ol miss and state is further proof no matter how bad you suck it doesnt take 5 years to rebuild. Freeze took over a winless confrence nutt recruited team and are highly ranked. KY is worlds better alot quicker.

You are 100% correct, Cuz.  Of course, that kind of nonsense will get you excluded from the garden club......so you've been warned.

jbcarol

razorJAcker

Razorback_Mack

Atlhogfan1

The SECE is not very good.   

And it does take time to rebuild. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  59s
FINAL: Florida 36, Kentucky 30, 3 OT. Matt Jones' 1-yard TD hands the Cats their 28th consecutive loss in the series. Brutal for UK.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

jbcarol

Jim Ross @jimross96  ·  5m
#Gators First game never really started; third game won't end.

fakebobholt

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 13, 2014, 10:48:28 pm
The SECE is not very good.   

And it does take time to rebuild.

I guess if you say it enough its true. How do you explain those teams sucess then.

redeye

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 13, 2014, 10:39:09 pm
saban gets a different level of athlete. This excuse of we dont want quick sucess might be the dumbest argument in college football. Ive only seen it here. So A $ M, ol miss, and MO have had success,  are ranked as high as top 10 but no fan wants that because all of a sudden they will suck.

"Saban gets a different level of athlete"?  What does that mean and how's it relevant to our discussion?

Who said we don't want quick success?  As far as I know, you're the only one to say that, so I guess you said it.

Regardless, it takes time to build a power offense.  That used to be a given, but some people seem to be fooled into thinking that it takes no longer then a spread offense.

Missouri hasn't even had to rebuild, so I don't understand why you included them.  For all the accolades you give to A&M and Ole Miss, what have they accomplished?  Is that the same ceiling you'd like for Arkansas?

fakebobholt

Quote from: redeye on September 13, 2014, 10:52:06 pm
"Saban gets a different level of athlete"?  What does that mean and how's it relevant to our discussion?

Who said we don't want quick success?  As far as I know, you're the only one to say that, so I guess you said it.

Regardless, it takes time to build a power offense.  That used to be a given, but some people seem to be fooled into thinking that it takes no longer then a spread offense.

Missouri hasn't even had to rebuild, so I don't understand why you included them.  For all the accolades you give to A&M and Ole Miss, what have they accomplished?  Is that the same ceiling you'd like for Arkansas?

you brought up bama and saban, they get better athletes and can run any offense they want. If your comparing a&m, ol miss and the hogs the last 3 years and wonder what the difference is, I cant help you. All I pointed out was bad teams can turn around quicker than 5 years and they didnt have 2-3 years of getting throttled in the process. KYis horrible at football but have made tremendous strides under stoops. The 5 year thing is just a built in excuse when it takes 5 years to get to .500 ball. I no longer think people are opposed to BB but the in fighting here actually is astyle battle.

Hog Milanese

redeye

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 13, 2014, 10:58:09 pm

you brought up bama and saban, they get better athletes and can run any offense they want. If your comparing a&m, ol miss and the hogs the last 3 years and wonder what the difference is, I cant help you. All I pointed out was bad teams can turn around quicker than 5 years and they didnt have 2-3 years of getting throttled in the process. KYis horrible at football but have made tremendous strides under stoops. The 5 year thing is just a built in excuse when it takes 5 years to get to .500 ball. I no longer think people are opposed to BB but the in fighting here actually is astyle battle.

Better athletes or not, it still took Alabama awhile.  While we'll likely never sign a #1 class, that doesn't mean we can't sign the players to be as dominate. As good as Alabama recruits, they still have weaknesses, just like other teams.

I agree that bad teams can turn things around quick, but a power offense takes more time.  You have to recruit big tackles and groom them.  We're getting there.  We may even have a .500 team this year, although it won't be in SEC play, but a .500 team in SEC play is a very good team.  Of the quick turnaround teams you mentioned, none of them bettered .500 in SEC play last season, although A&M was .500 exactly.

edit: You did mention Missouri, but Missouri doesn't have a new coach, so I'm still unsure why you mentioned them.

Torqued pork

Any early favorites to replace Muschamp?

He won tonight, but everybody knows that seat is sizzling.

jbcarol

Patrick Towles @patty_ice14
Great effort, but there are no such things as moral victories in this program. #BeatVandy
12:04 AM - 14 Sep 2014

But is there any such thing as a "morale victory"?

jbcarol

Stoops: "That play is going to haunt me for the rest of my life.  I may get over it someday, but I'll never forget it."

Quote4th and 1.  Up 7 in overtime, one stop and the streak is snapped.

The ball is snapped, a fade to Demarcus Robinson in the end zone, hope flees the scene.  Two overtimes later, and the Gators have the W.

Livid after the play, Stoops was halfway onto the field before turning back to the sideline. 

The Cats don't need another chip on their shoulder, but this chip is going to stick worse than the red stuff from Doritos sticks on your fingers.

Steef

Hey Kentucky!

We know EXACTLY how you feel!

The media covered our hosing, too. The zebras in question got a wrist slap.

Obviously, nothing changes. Florida gets its own set of rules, in the swamp.

ghostzapper

Why isn't play clock expiration reviewable?  12 men on the field is.

jbcarol

John Clay posted Kentucky football's overtime record:

2014 – Lost 36-30 at Florida
    2012 – Lost 32-31 to Western Kentucky
    2009 – Lost 30-24 to Tennessee
    2007 – Lost 52-50 to Tennessee
    2007 – Won 43-37 over LSU
    2003 – Lost 71-63 to Arkansas
    2000 – Lost 40-34 at Louisville
    1997 – Won 40-34 over Alabama

jbcarol

Kentucky has lost 28 straight games to Florida, 18 straight games in Gainesville and now 17 straight SEC games.

QuoteFlorida ran 94 offensive plays, the most since Vanderbilt ran 94 plays against UK in 2005. Arkansas ran 99 plays in that seven overtime win over Kentucky back in 2003.

jbcarol

Gatorsports.com @Gator_sports  ·  7h

Gators pound ball to beat Wildcats http://bit.ly/1qTJ3pM

QuoteJones rushed for 47 yards in overtime, pushing the pile as Kentucky's defense wore down on a humid night.

"I told him, 'You are carrying us'," Florida senior offensive tackle Chaz Green said. "We're going to keep riding on your back. We're going to keep blocking for you, and put it in your hands and we'll make some great things happen."

Jones said he welcomed that responsibility.

"I knew we had to get those tough yards, and they were tired tackling," Jones said. "We were just going to keep on pounding and pounding and eventually we were going to pop one."

It was Jones' second career 100-yard rushing day. His previous 100-yard game also came against Kentucky, when he rushed for a career-best 176 yards against the Wildcats last season.

"It's the inside run game," Muschamp said. "Matt pushes the pile, he's 235 pounds, he ends up with about 150 or so yards and a lot of that is second-contact yardage. So you are able to get a guy inside, the power, the counter, the inside zone, he's going to lean inside and get you four yards. For the most part, we were able to get a hat on a hat in the running game."

Florida's offensive linemen appreciated the ability to drive block in a game that last four hours and eight minutes through three overtimes.