Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Portis

Started by arkansas1994, September 12, 2014, 06:50:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansas1994

Sports illustrated top 20 big men.

Portis quietly had an excellent freshman season for the Razorbacks, landing on the All-SEC second team. It was quiet mostly because Arkansas finished 22-12 and was bounced in the second round of the NIT. Arkansas returns its top six scorers (Portis was second), and the team is certainly hoping to get over the hump and into the NCAA tournament for the first time under head coach Mike Anderson. According to Anderson, Portis will be the Razorbacks' most valuable player this season, and he's working hard to live up to expectations. "He has a motor that doesn't stop," Anderson told SI.com's Seth Davis in late June. "He doesn't want to be good. He wants to be great."

arkansas1994

Lol  Kentucky has 4 guys on this list,  3, 7 footers

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: arkansas1994 on September 12, 2014, 06:53:13 am
Lol  Kentucky has 4 guys on this list,  3, 7 footers

Still, it's great to see Bobby on the list.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

Moses could be in that number by seasons end. Hope he is our most improved player this year. That would be huge for our interior game and a big assist to Bobby.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 12, 2014, 09:13:42 am
Still, it's great to see Bobby on the list.
Read the other day this UK team will have 9 McDonalds AA on the roster... think about that...

Swinesong1

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on September 12, 2014, 11:38:01 am
Read the other day this UK team will have 9 McDonalds AA on the roster... think about that...
Not much different than last year's team.  We did OK against that team.

mhuff

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 12, 2014, 09:16:32 am
Moses could be in that number by seasons end. Hope he is our most improved player this year. That would be huge for our interior game and a big assist to Bobby.

IMHO, we will do better if he is in the lineup. I have watched him for about four years. He has gotten better every year. People mistakenly thought he would not do anything but play defense this last year were dead wrong. I look for our PG's to get the ball to Portis and Kingsley much more frequently. I see them driving the lane and dropping the ball off to him for easy baskets. That is the way it should have been done this last year. I think we will finally have the guards that can and will do this. I would like to see Kingley's FT% increase. I have full faith the guards and the BIGS have been working together hard this summer. Hopefully Portis has improved on really short shots and has started using the backboard on the shots he does not dunk.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Swinesong1 on September 12, 2014, 01:20:19 pm
Not much different than last year's team.  We did OK against that team.

Yeah, think about that.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 12, 2014, 03:32:08 pm
Yeah, think about that.
I know. We are much better coached. I'm only pointing out how ridiculous their recruiting has been. Makes beating them even more sweet.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on September 13, 2014, 08:26:20 am
I know. We are much better coached. I'm only pointing out how ridiculous their recruiting has been. Makes beating them even more sweet.

That whole team could end up playing professionally. Still, someone will beat them.  Might be us.

root_hawg

Yes we won, they were in the tourney