Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Advantage of the New Indoor Facility

Started by ucahogfan, September 11, 2014, 06:28:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·   3h   

Pitchers and catchers are putting the brand new indoor facility to use as the outfielders work at Baum Stadium. #WPS

Razorback Baseball @RazorbackBSB     ·   4h   

Outfielders about to get some work in. It's overcast and 67 degrees, who else wants to be at #BaumStadium? #WPS

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

September 11, 2014, 10:24:51 pm #1 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:13:18 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Going to stop by there this week.

arthurhawgerelli

Not related to the facility, but I talked with one of our former players back from his minor league season this weekend, and he's saying the current players are loving the new baseball for power.  Lots of shots off the batter's eye, and (I cannot remember who) one of the current young guys hit one over the pond.  That is a heckuva shot.

We didn't talk about how the pitchers like the new ball, by the way.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on September 15, 2014, 03:19:54 pm
Not related to the facility, but I talked with one of our former players back from his minor league season this weekend, and he's saying the current players are loving the new baseball for power.  Lots of shots off the batter's eye, and (I cannot remember who) one of the current young guys hit one over the pond.  That is a heckuva shot.

We didn't talk about how the pitchers like the new ball, by the way.
Really surprised at how much difference the new ball seems to be making. Thought it would be a minor tweak. Don't think I've heard any bad things, yet.

pigture perfect

I like the idea of tweeking the ball instead of the bat. Good hitters will benefit more than the power guys i'm thinking.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

The new indoor facilty looks great. It's got to be good for recruiting. Go Hogs.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 17, 2014, 02:57:51 am
I like the idea of tweeking the ball instead of the bat. Good hitters will benefit more than the power guys i'm thinking.
Thinking that also and the good pitchers shouldn't be at a huge disadvantage like when the bats were crazy hot.

ucahogfan

Easton Baseball @Easton_Baseball     ·   7h   

WOO PIG SOOIE! We've seen a lot of hitting facilities, but nothing like the new @razorbackbsb indoor setup! #HitLab

This might be part of the explanation about why we are getting so many high quality hitters to commit.

pigture perfect

I know football season is just starting, but I can't wait for some Diamondback action.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 19, 2014, 02:06:21 am
I know football season is just starting, but I can't wait for some Diamondback action.
Same here.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

Razorback Baseball

@RazorbackBSB   Not a bad day to have one of the best indoor facilities in the country. #WPS #OmaHogs

pigture perfect

Days like today makes this facilty a great addition. Hurry up baseball season!