Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt is interested in the SMU job, would you hire him?

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, September 11, 2014, 05:24:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

This from Bo Mattingly.  If SMU would get serious about recruiting metroplex talent, they could at least be competitive.  June Jones recruited nationwide instead of in DeSoto and Cedar Hill.

I think Houston Nutt would be fired up to recruit in Dallas. 

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Fayettechill14

I actually think he would do okay there. I think he could pull enough talent to be competitive. He'd never win big there, but they haven't in a long time anyway.

hawgwash

He's very experienced at recruiting SMU caliber athletes in Texas. 

LZH

The idea of HDN ever coaching kids again makes me sick to my stomach.  I have learned to dislike that guy that much.  If we're talking about coaches with tarnished reputations, I'll take a Petrino or Pitino over Nutt's bs anyday of the week.

DoctorSusscrofa

Hope they don't make that mistake. Nutt should retire and stay retired.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Rzbakfromwaybak

September 12, 2014, 12:29:19 am #9 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:37:44 am by Rzbakfromwaybak
Houston Nutt is interested in the SMU any job, why would you hire him?

Fixed that question....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Murr

Houston Nutt would be the perfect coach to get the most out of the talent that the team has this season.  Now if they want him beyond that, SMU's upper brass all needs to be fired.

DeltaBoy

Nutt would do great it fits his level of Coaching and Recruiting and He would get SMU up to Beat UNT and TCU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

Nutt would be good there for first year or two, with JJ's players. After he has to recruit a full team, in 4 or 5 years, he'd get results like he got at Arkansas and Ole Miss, sub-.500 and probably worse due to fact that SMU plays a tougher schedule than the historic strength of their program matches. They play A&M and TCU every year and Baylor frequently as well.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Sivad

SMU is not going to hire that exposed con-man.
(Unless Quin Groovey is put in charge).

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hog.goblin

Yes, but to a 2-year contract, then he's got
to go.  IF I was SMU...

Atlhogfan1

He has gotten ADs and Chancellors moved out of their positions or fired.  Why would you hire someone like this? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Letsroll1200

Say what you want about Houston Nutt the guy did a pretty good job at Arkansas. I would hire the guy right now.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 17, 2014, 07:57:53 pm
It was AD's and Chancellor's who caried him, not he them.

No darn.  It is why they lost their positions. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BENTON PIGGEE

I would hire him. It would be payback for them and the refs stealing the 1982 game from us!

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 17, 2014, 10:58:52 pm
Say what you want about Houston Nutt the guy did a pretty good job at Arkansas. I would hire the guy right now.
You should ask Ole Miss how that worked out for them.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

kingofdequeen

It's southern methodist, not southern cal.

Nutt would be a coup for them.

pigture perfect

Why don't we just leave the man alone. He isn't an impact on our team any longer. Let's move on.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 19, 2014, 01:56:20 am
Why don't we just leave the man alone. He isn't an impact on our team any longer. Let's move on.
Why is there always the one guy like this? No point in posting this anyway.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.