Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson checked on top target today

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 10, 2014, 07:22:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

88 blocked shots? Wow.

Says he came to the states from western Africa and didn't play basketball til he got to the US.  I'm guessing people think he has a high ceiling?

Razorod

Thanks Richard! Will be interesting to watch this story. Iowa St. thought to be the leader going into the fall. Be nice to steal him and get him to Fayetteville.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

poloprince

Be nice to fill the two for sure scholarships before the season starts.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

redeye

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 10, 2014, 08:37:42 pm
88 blocked shots? Wow.

Says he came to the states from western Africa and didn't play basketball til he got to the US.  I'm guessing people think he has a high ceiling?

Sounds like Hakeem Olajuwon

hawgXi

how many 6'10's do you remember from the past that always ended up floating out to the top of the circle and shooting the 3's?

imo it cost darnell his NBA career.

personally I'd be glad to see him stay under the hoop & block shots.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hawgXi on September 11, 2014, 06:35:24 am
how many 6'10's do you remember from the past that always ended up floating out to the top of the circle and shooting the 3's?

Darnell Robinson.....wow he was a bit of a bust. I thought he was going to take over when Corliss left......not so much.
Great supporting player but just couldnt carry the load.

The Hogfather

Guten morgen.  Wie geht's?

The_Iceman

Dirk is also a once in a generation player. Not many like him.

HOGINTENNESSEE

dsims2k3

Durant?
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

hawgXi

agreed it's become more common in today's NBA.

I was fortunate enough to see darnell literally make rasheed wallace cry in the low post during the mcdonalds all star game played in memphis their senior year of high school.

wallace spent 10-15 year in the league and imo couldn' t hold darnell's jock as a post player.

word was darnell's agent encouraged him to start taking more 3's after his freshmen year to "make him more important" in the NBA draft.

again imo that strategy backfired on darnell.

so I'm hoping that if CMA is looking at Dime as a low post that he stays there blocks shots and only has one shot:  the dunk.

Pork Twain

He had an agent after his freshmen year?

I was at that game in the Pyramid myself.  Good game
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

mbgrulz

I would not want to play these 2 6'10" players in H.O.R.S.E. from the 3 point line. 6'10" players who can hit outside shots is becoming the norm.

mbgrulz

Pork Twain

September 12, 2014, 10:21:54 am #15 Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:33:52 am by Pork Twain
Times are a changing...

Charlie Villanueva

Bill Laimbeer

Channing Frye

Ersan Ilyasova

Chris Bosh

Pao Gasol

Kevin Garnett

Andrea Bargnani

Brad Miller

Troy Murphy

Mehmet Okur

Arvydas Sabonis
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogimus Prime

Darnell's problem was lack of work ethic.  If he would've worked at keeping his weight in the 255-260 range he would've been a beast his soph and jr years.

Dime would be great to have at the back of the press.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 12, 2014, 10:21:54 am
Times are a changing...

If you're a big who can play even decent defense and stretch the floor by occasionally popping out to the 3-pt line, you're going to make a lot of money in today's NBA. There's a lot of teams dropping PFs who play great defense buy can't stretch the floor on the offense.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

mhuff

Quote from: Smokehouse on September 13, 2014, 09:01:13 am
If you're a big who can play even decent defense and stretch the floor by occasionally popping out to the 3-pt line, you're going to make a lot of money in today's NBA. There's a lot of teams dropping PFs who play great defense buy can't stretch the floor on the offense.

Agree.... but it doesn't have to be a three. If you can even shoot a baseline shot, it makes you more valuable and stretches the defense a little...... Anything to open the inside and stop a player from being one dimensional. I mean you have to shoot with some decent percentage.

dhornjr1

bruisemeister

Quote from: hawgXi on September 11, 2014, 07:51:24 pm
agreed it's become more common in today's NBA.

I was fortunate enough to see darnell literally make rasheed wallace cry in the low post during the mcdonalds all star game played in memphis their senior year of high school.

wallace spent 10-15 year in the league and imo couldn' t hold darnell's jock as a post player.

word was darnell's agent encouraged him to start taking more 3's after his freshmen year to "make him more important" in the NBA draft.

again imo that strategy backfired on darnell.

so I'm hoping that if CMA is looking at Dime as a low post that he stays there blocks shots and only has one shot:  the dunk.
I remember Darnell in those H.S. all star games. He dominated. He was doing pretty well in spot duty for us. I remember when he got on a scoring tear against Memphis, Vitale shouted something to the affect that were were seeing the star in the making. However he started jacking up threes in the Florida game and was hitting them. I guess he thought he could considering starting center, Dwight Stewart(and later Elmer Martin)basically only scored on threes. He was meant to be a low post player. I wish he would have stayed one more year. He was the major reason the 1996 team went on a run that got them to the sweet 16 despite a mediocre season. He carried 4 freshman starters after the team's leading scorer and rebounder were both declared ineligible 2/3rds of the way through the season.
On the comment about the agent's advice. I wonder if it was the same agent that told Corliss he needed to lose weight and become a perimeter player. I know he was undersized for a NBA power foward but he could score on anyone in college including Rasheed Wallace and the 7 foot Eric Montross. Personally, I thought he should have bulked up. He could have been Barkely like.