Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wednesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, September 10, 2014, 07:20:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

The quality of our recruiting targets continues to impress.

After we beat TT, and go bowling, the recruiting floodgates will open up.

" GO HOGS "

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on September 10, 2014, 08:42:29 am

" GO HOGS "
While I like and appreciate your enthusiasm, let's take care of the former this Saturday. We can then address the latter over the rest of the season. WPS!!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 10, 2014, 09:11:19 am
While I like and appreciate your enthusiasm, let's take care of the former this Saturday. We can then address the latter over the rest of the season. WPS!!
Exactly. The progression is ; winning over TT will set the table for a bowl and after winning a bowl we will be able to sell improvement to the recruits much easier than not.
A much more difficult road to go bowling if we are not successful in Lubbock.
Minimizing mistakes should do the job. I wish my enthusiasm had any effect whatsoever on the outcome.  :)

" GO HOGS "

Amityvillehogger

" GO HOGS "

I really think all hog fans want to share your enthusiasm but the last few years is still lingering in all our minds. Most are just a little apprehensive even though we know things are going the right way. Just waiting on that "moment" I guess. Can't wait!
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ARtillahog

I haven't watched any film on Skylar Thompson, but it seems as though he is probably the QB for the 2016.  He's showing decent numbers and Chaney seemed to like him during the summer. Maybe when more film from this year is available he will get an offer.

RazorBassin

Thanks RD!  Love seeing the kicker recruit with tackles for a loss playing at MLB.  Great stuff!

Wildhog

Quote from: ARtillahog on September 10, 2014, 11:22:03 am
I haven't watched any film on Skylar Thompson, but it seems as though he is probably the QB for the 2016.  He's showing decent numbers and Chaney seemed to like him during the summer. Maybe when more film from this year is available he will get an offer.

He's #1 on our board per Chaney.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TMc

Yep- must beat Tech first.., really need to win this one.

KlubhouseKonnected

Why are all those goons debating Altee in the comments?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

LAHogfan123

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 10, 2014, 08:28:08 pm
Why are all those goons debating Altee in the comments?

I don't get that either.  What brought that on?  With our stable of backs, why bring up AT when he's got nothing but splinters in his butt from sliding further down that bench each year, in this Offense, we'll always have our pick of great backs.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on September 10, 2014, 09:01:12 pm
I don't get that either.  What brought that on?  With our stable of backs, why bring up AT when he's got nothing but splinters in his butt from sliding further down that bench each year, in this Offense, we'll always have our pick of great backs.

He played in the Bama game the other day.

ARtillahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 10, 2014, 09:04:06 pm
He played in the Bama game the other day.

Yep, very mediocre.  He was with the 3 or 4th string O-line so maybe that had something to do with his pedestrian play.  He certainly looks bigger tho.

LJHOG

After we beat TT, and go bowling, the recruiting floodgates will open up." GO HOGS "
like after our Sugar and Cotton Bowl appearances?  let's hope this head coach can make more hay while the sun shines that previous coaches.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: LJHOG on September 11, 2014, 11:51:48 am
like after our Sugar and Cotton Bowl appearances? = OLD NEWS ;  let's hope this head coach can make more hay while the sun shines that previous coaches. = CURRENT NEWS

Excellent recruiting following 4-8 ; 3-9 indicates any bowl and we continue to sell the dream.

" GO HOGS "