Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Short vid of Harris & Williams

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 09, 2014, 05:57:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

rzrbackramsfan

mbgrulz

Its amazing that guys who are good players, but not what you'd call elite players, can do these things. It just shows you how good some of these college kids really are.

bigred223

It shows that you need more than great athleticism to be a great basketball player. I expect Harris to be a better player now with a year of experience against some very good big men. If the light can come on for jacorey then he could also be a big asset with his length and touch.

The_Iceman

Quote from: bigred223 on September 10, 2014, 01:38:00 pm
It shows that you need more than great athleticism to be a great basketball player. I expect Harris to be a better player now with a year of experience against some very good big men. If the light can come on for jacorey then he could also be a big asset with his length and touch.

When Harris started attacking the basket more at the end of last year, he was really a solid player for us.

bigred223

For sure iceman. I expect a lot more of that from him this year.

mbgrulz

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 10, 2014, 02:12:34 pm
When Harris started attacking the basket more at the end of last year, he was really a solid player for us.
Yes. He needs to nix the sloppy looking fadeaway J.

Hogimus Prime

Harris needs to attack the basket like a bull in a china shop.

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 10, 2014, 02:12:34 pm
Harris last year reminded me of a lot of players in CMA's system. Madden and Bell the most recent examples of players looking confused mainly on defense but over the course of a year or two in the system a light comes on. I think Harris and Williams will be much improved this year. I also think Moses will be improved simply through playing time. I also think Bell, Qualls and Madden will take another step forward. Portis will play with the same intensity and benefit from the aforementioned players improvement.

This team will not lack confidence at all. They will not shy away from contact or the spotlight.

First or Second in the SEC is how they will finish.

chiefhawg

Is there a vid of them playing on ball defense?

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Danny J on September 11, 2014, 08:47:11 am
Harris last year reminded me of a lot of players in CMA's system. Madden and Bell the most recent examples of players looking confused mainly on defense but over the course of a year or two in the system a light comes on. I think Harris and Williams will be much improved this year. I also think Moses will be improved simply through playing time. I also think Bell, Qualls and Madden will take another step forward. Portis will play with the same intensity and benefit from the aforementioned players improvement.

This team will not lack confidence at all. They will not shy away from contact or the spotlight.

First or Second in the SEC is how they will finish.

Co-sign
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Waldron_Hog

Quote from: chiefhawg on September 11, 2014, 09:55:49 am
Is there a vid of them playing on ball defense?
Exactly what I was thinking along with working on their jump shots!

d-hog

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on September 11, 2014, 10:22:49 pm
Exactly what I was thinking along with working on their jump shots!

While I completely see your point...what of the three (the two you guys mentioned and the third being the dunking) gets the crowd on their feet & the most excited more consistently?  While there are exceptions to a well timed jump shot or blocked shot, but what they are doing is just a natural result of our fans' most common responses.  Just saying they're going to post that stuff for people to see instead of the others...

Looking forward to an improved and big year for both.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: d-hog on September 12, 2014, 08:31:49 am
While I completely see your point...what of the three (the two you guys mentioned and the third being the dunking) gets the crowd on their feet & the most excited more consistently?  While there are exceptions to a well timed jump shot or blocked shot, but what they are doing is just a natural result of our fans' most common responses.  Just saying they're going to post that stuff for people to see instead of the others...

Looking forward to an improved and big year for both.

you do realize that what you are saying is common sense.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

d-hog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 12, 2014, 09:11:40 am
you do realize that what you are saying is common sense.
Yes.  That's what I was trying to add.  Common sense says they'd post videos of dunking before they would of jump shots or defense, right?  Doesn't mean they aren't working on improving their jump shots or defense.  I was defending Harris & Williams...maybe too quickly, sorry.