Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just realized about the 2015 schedule

Started by popcornhog, September 09, 2014, 12:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

FWIW, I was doing some travel planning for next fall and realized what our schedule was going to look like next year. Potentially tougher than this year.

Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss on the road. Additionally, UGA on the road unless they tweak the East/West schedule again.

That is quite a gauntlet.

That being said, it would give us a potentially winnable home stretch of State, Auburn, and Mizzou. Assuming that one of those is in LR, we'll only have two SEC games in Fayetteville. A&M will be at Jerry's joint.

WPS

woodhog14

Quote from: popcornhog on September 09, 2014, 12:32:57 pm
FWIW, I was doing some travel planning for next fall and realized what our schedule was going to look like next year. Potentially tougher than this year.

Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss on the road. Additionally, UGA on the road unless they tweak the East/West schedule again.

That being said, it would give us a potentially winnable home stretch of State, Auburn, and Mizzou. Assuming that one of those is in LR, we'll only have two SEC games in Fayetteville. A&M will be at Jerry's joint.

We don't play at UGA next year. We go to Tennessee. Doesn't make it any easier because Tennessee is on the way up...quickly.

popcornhog

Quote from: woodhog14 on September 09, 2014, 12:38:41 pm
We don't play at UGA next year. We go to Tennessee. Doesn't make it any easier because Tennessee is on the way up...quickly.

I suspected that might be the case.

The current scheduling is nuts.
WPS

hogsanity

Not trying to start the GSD up, but I thought I had read where in the years with only 3 "home" sec games, all three would be in Fay.  Maybe I just dreamed that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

popcornhog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 09, 2014, 01:04:40 pm
Not trying to start the GSD up, but I thought I had read where in the years with only 3 "home" sec games, all three would be in Fay.  Maybe I just dreamed that.

Oh, cool, that would make sense. I have not read that.

So basically we'd be talking about rotating the Little Rock game -- SEC game in even years/Non Conference in odd years.

I think that's a reasonable compromise.
WPS

phadedhawg

I've grown used to a brutal schedule every year.  It doesn't phase me anymore. 

Torqued pork

Two conference games on campus Is ridiculous. I hope the Jerry World game is worth it.

ur

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 09, 2014, 01:11:20 pm
Two conference games on campus Is ridiculous. I hope the Jerry World WMS game is worth it.

FIFY
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Professor Psychosis

We could be a really good team and still only win 7-8 games with that schedule.

alwaysnextyear

tannerstahl

FWIW here's the dates of our non conference schedule next season...i assume we open with auburn again at home...ya'll can fill in the rest of the blanks

09/05 - UTEP
09/12 - Toledo
09/19 - Texas Tech
10/31 - UT Martin
i love the hogs....so very very much

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hogsanity

Quote from: tannerstahl on September 09, 2014, 01:19:24 pm
FWIW here's the dates of our non conference schedule next season...i assume we open with auburn again at home...ya'll can fill in the rest of the blanks

09/05 - UTEP
09/12 - Toledo
09/19 - Texas Tech
10/31 - UT Martin

I don't know, the 5th is Labor Day weekend next year.  College football usually opens that weekend, but they may open a week earlier since Labor day is as late as it can be ( Sept 7th ) in 2015.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on September 09, 2014, 01:04:40 pm

This makes sense.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wildhog

SEC wasn't going to let us finish our Tenner series while they were down. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogarusa

The season does begin the weekend of 9/5 so our first 3 games will be non conference and most likely in Fayetteville (hoping UT Martin is in LR).  Louisville plays Auburn and A&M play Arizona State in kickoff classics 9/5.  Would be great if we can add a home conference game on 9/26 to start the season with 4 home games.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

ricepig

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 09, 2014, 01:54:02 pm
The season does begin the weekend of 9/5 so our first 3 games will be non conference and most likely in Fayetteville (hoping UT Martin is in LR).  Louisville plays Auburn and A&M play Arizona State in kickoff classics 9/5.  Would be great if we can add a home conference game on 9/26 to start the season with 4 home games.

They'll probably have us open on the road at Bama.

GuvHog

I believe the agreement with WMS states that in years where there would only be 3 conference games in Fayetteville, a quality non-conference opponent will be scheduled for WMS (Texas Tech maybe??) and all 4 home conference games would be in Fayetteville.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pistol Pig Maravich

Not too quickly...Sooners hang 50 on em this weekend. They have a long way to go.

The_Iceman

Quote from: GuvHog on September 09, 2014, 02:03:05 pm
I believe the agreement with WMS states that in years where there would only be 3 conference games in Fayetteville, a quality non-conference opponent will be scheduled for WMS (Texas Tech maybe??) and all 4 home conference games would be in Fayetteville.

Is that the new agreement they made recently? I thought they already laid out the games in LR the next 5 years.

woodhog14

Quote from: Pistol Pig Maravich on September 09, 2014, 02:06:00 pm
Not too quickly...Sooners hang 50 on em this weekend. They have a long way to go.

I'm talking next year. They will be much improved. They are playing 21 true freshman this year. That experience is going to go a long way. They are also playing several redshirt freshman and sophomores as well.

The_Iceman

Went to Tennessee in 2006. Their fans were amazed at how I could stand up, yell out what play was coming next with accuracy. Thank goodness Nutt is gone.

Fayettechill14

Yeah but they still won't be at Georgia's level next year. Even if Gurley goes pro, Georgia will still have Mason, Keith Marshall, and a nasty defense.

RT1941

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 09, 2014, 01:08:40 pm
I've grown used to a brutal schedule every year.  It doesn't phase me anymore.
Exactly - - it's the SEC it's always gonna be brutal.  Would we want it any other way?
RazorTusk!!!!

NaturalStateReb

"Favorable schedule" is a relative term in the SEC West.  LSU will definitely be better next year.  I expect Ole Miss to take a step back, but not a leap back.  State will take a major step back.  Bama you know will be good again, but if Sims stays at QB, they'll be breaking in Coker. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on September 09, 2014, 01:34:54 pm
SEC wasn't going to let us finish our Tenner series while they were down. 

Are they really on the way up, as rapidly as everyone thinks? I'm certainly not sold on Butch Jones, and they had to play well the beat ASU at home.
Go away, batin'

The_Iceman

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 09, 2014, 02:17:45 pm
Yeah but they still won't be at Georgia's level next year. Even if Gurley goes pro, Georgia will still have Mason, Keith Marshall, and a nasty defense.

And that nasty freshman RB they brought in.

Hoggish1

Why do we continue to have a gauntlet for a schedule?  Doesn't the SEC like us?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 09, 2014, 02:17:45 pm

I suspect UGA's D will be nasty from now on with Pruitt there.  He was a big loss to FSU.

lefty08

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 09, 2014, 02:46:46 pm
"Favorable schedule" is a relative term in the SEC West.  LSU will definitely be better next year.  I expect Ole Miss to take a step back, but not a leap back.  State will take a major step back.  Bama you know will be good again, but if Sims stays at QB, they'll be breaking in Coker.

isnt coker a senior?  he was able to transfer because he has graduated right?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

fakebobholt

Every year is brutal in the west. LSU has alot of young talent as does A&M. I scare of both those teams in the future. Bama is going to be Bama as long as saban is there.

Hogwild

UTEP & Toledo games are in Fayetteville. According to FBSchedules who claims to have seen the contracts.

QuoteArkansas will host UTEP to open the 2015 season on Sept. 5. Per the contract, the game will be played at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville and the Miners will receive a $900,000 guarantee

QuoteArkansas is scheduled to open the 2015 season at home on September 5 against the UTEP Miners. Per a copy of the contract we obtained in April, Arkansas will pay UTEP a $900,000 guarantee for the game.

The Razorbacks and Miners have met twice on the gridiron. Arkansas leads the series 2-0 after winning 39-7 in 1989 and 58-21 in 2010.

A week after hosting UTEP, Arkansas welcomes the Toledo Rockets to Fayetteville. The game, which was officially announced in January, will be the first ever meeting between the two

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/05/arkansas-oklahoma-utep-future-football-schedules/

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 09, 2014, 02:48:49 pm
Are they really on the way up, as rapidly as everyone thinks? I'm certainly not sold on Butch Jones, and they had to play well the beat ASU at home.

Not necessarily, but they've gotta be better than they've been recently.
1909/1964/1965/1977

N HOG

I am predicting Texas Tech in LR.....if one of the other non-conference games they won't sell any tickets.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 09, 2014, 01:11:20 pm
Two conference games on campus Is ridiculous. I hope the Jerry World game is worth it.
Another good reason to play 9 conf games.  Next year we play Tennessee Martin who UK beat by 50 points in their opener.  I hate these kind of games.  Should not be playing them. 

Al Boarland

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 09, 2014, 07:09:55 pm
Every year is brutal in the west. LSU has alot of young talent as does A&M. I scare of both those teams in the future. Bama is going to be Bama as long as saban is there.

There are several teams in the West that will be reloading.

redeye

Get used to it.

We almost always play one of the toughest conference schedules in the SEC.  Maybe we're just unlucky, but the main reason has been that we tend to play SEC-E teams when they're at their best.  In the past few years, we've actually had a couple of easy conference schedules, but there were few easy schedules during the past 15 years overall.  Before the conference expanded to 14 teams, I believe there were a couple of years when we didn't play any of the bottom 3 teams in the conference those years.

This is why Arkansas has had the best average NCAA SOS rating in the SEC since they've been keeping results.  While we've played some very tough OOC games, so have other SEC teams, but our SOS rating is higher on average.  And before anyone claims that's because we don't have to play ourselves, that's only a small part of it in reality, because removing those games doesn't change much.

shotgun7

I think we have a little better schedule next year... Tenner wont be near as good as GA even if we do have to go there to play. Mizzu will be in Arkansas, all non conf games will be in Ark It will be unlikely both MS schools are as good as they are this year. Its unlikely we beat bama no matter where we play them. We get Auburn at home... We always play LSWHO decent no matter where we play. So yea, I would say compared to this year, it will be alot better. Plus, maybe being 3 years in the team will be even better.

However, I am not gonna spend much time worrying about next year, I just want to see them win atleast 6 this year!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 09, 2014, 10:02:30 pm
There are several teams in the West that will be reloading.

Auburn will be one of them.

Auburn and Florida State better get something accomplished this season (a Conference Championship or a National Championship).  Auburn had the following number of Seniors starting against us (Marshall started the 2nd half; he is a Senior).

Offense  5
Defense  5

Florida State had 9 Seniors on Offense starting against Oklahoma State.  FSU's entire starting OL are Seniors.  I don't care what program you are, having to replace your entire OL will be a tough task.  Their QB, Winston, may decide to leave early because he knows that he will be playing behind an entire new OL if he stays next season.

The top 3 teams in the nation next season based on talent that has actual extensive playing experience could very well be the following.

Texas A&M
Ohio State
Clemson 

lechon

It will be great when we no longer play in LR.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Hogwild

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 10, 2014, 02:03:00 am
The top 3 teams in the nation next season based on talent that has actual extensive playing experience could very well be the following.

Texas A&M
Ohio State
Clemson

Alabama, LSU, & even Ole Miss should be ahead of Clemson on that list, & that's just from the SEC West.

Hogarusa

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 10, 2014, 02:03:00 am
Auburn will be one of them.

Auburn and Florida State better get something accomplished this season (a Conference Championship or a National Championship).  Auburn had the following number of Seniors starting against us (Marshall started the 2nd half; he is a Senior).

Offense  5
Defense  5

Florida State had 9 Seniors on Offense starting against Oklahoma State.  FSU's entire starting OL are Seniors.  I don't care what program you are, having to replace your entire OL will be a tough task.  Their QB, Winston, may decide to leave early because he knows that he will be playing behind an entire new OL if he stays next season.

Texas A&M
Ohio State
Clemson 

I'm sure Auburn and Florida State will have a real tough time replacing those starters with their 3 top 5 classes of recruits sitting behind them
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Seminole Indian

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 09, 2014, 02:48:49 pm
I think they are a lot better than last year, but will struggle to become bowl eligible this year.

As far as comparing their young players to those at Arkansas their skill players are better over all, but their OL and DL simply not as talented or as physical as those at Arkansas, and that could be a big problem that probably can't be fixed by next year.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

JayBell

As long as the SEC continues to stick with history in the East instead of prioritizing geography and competition, the schedule is going to be a gauntlet every single season for any team in the SEC West.  But it just happens that Arkansas and Mississippi State are the only two that ever have to play Alabama and LSU on the road in the same year in any given season.

Sure Alabama doesn't have to play Alabama and LSU doesn't have to play LSU, but they also regularly schedule some of the toughest out of conference games in the country.  You can go down the line in the West.  The schedule difficulty is just insane.

popcornhog

Quote from: JayBell on September 10, 2014, 09:31:56 am
But it just happens that Arkansas and Mississippi State are the only two that ever have to play Alabama and LSU on the road in the same year in any given season.

It also just so happens that we're the only scoops that get them at home on the same year regularly. Cuts both ways.

Also, I'm sure that Tennessee and Florida have had to go to Tuscaloosa and BR in the same season. Just not every other year.
WPS

DeltaBoy

It will be brutal again I am just resigned to the fact we will never get Vandy and UK out of the East and Bama on the Road and LSU at home in the same cycle.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 09, 2014, 08:46:18 pm
Another good reason to play 9 conf games.  Next year we play Tennessee Martin who UK beat by 50 points in their opener.  I hate these kind of games.  Should not be playing them. 

only having 2 SEC games on campus is a good reason for the Hogs to STOP doing a couple of things, but it is NOT a good reason to go to a 9 game conference schedule.

Wildhog

Frankly, I'd rather play TAMU at CS/Fayetteville.  We can play an OOC game in Jerry World.

And get games the hell out of Little Rock.
1909/1964/1965/1977