hoghappy

The third best Tigers in the SEC?

Very good argument for it.

LSUFan

Quote from: hoghappy on September 08, 2014, 11:51:52 pm
The third best Tigers in the SEC?

Very good argument for it.
You must not have a TV in the kitchen.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

pigture perfect

I think they might be this year. They are pretty young.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RyeHogFan

Even with their youth, they're still the 2nd best Tigers. Mizzou wouldn't fare to well against LSWho.

NaturalStateReb

LSU would steamroll Mizzou this year.

Don't count LSU out.  They're struggling in some aspects of the game, but they're still a solid, dangerous unit.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

pigture perfect

Mizzou did look better than LSU today.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorJAcker

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 13, 2014, 09:27:27 pm
Mizzou did look better than LSU today.

I disagree.  LSU may have struggled on offense, but the dominance displayed by LSU on defense tonight is far more impressive than anything Missouri has shown this season.  I know it was only ULM, but LSU held them to just 93 total yards, 5 first downs, and less than 2 yards per play.  They showed the same level of dominance in the 2nd half against Wisconsin, and their defense is the reason I actually think they are the 2nd best team in the SEC this year behind Auburn.

LSUFan

Quote from: razorJAcker on September 13, 2014, 09:33:36 pm
I disagree.  LSU may have struggled on offense, but the dominance displayed by LSU on defense tonight is far more impressive than anything Missouri has shown this season.  I know it was only ULM, but LSU held them to just 93 total yards, 5 first downs, and less than 2 yards per play.  They showed the same level of dominance in the 2nd half against Wisconsin, and their defense is the reason I actually think they are the 2nd best team in the SEC this year behind Auburn.
They are playing 16 true freshman, but in the legacy of Saban, they are a defensive team, and "defense wins championships".

Les has screwed himself, he recruits talent that leaves after the soph year to go to the NFL.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

NaturalStateReb

ULM might not have gotten LSU's best shot.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: LSUFan on September 14, 2014, 09:07:01 pm
... and "defense wins championships".

Yes, and no.  You guys have had a lot of great defenses and haven't been winning championships with them.

In the SEC, as I'm sure you well know, you've got to have it all: defense, offense, and special teams. 

And more often than not your offense is lacking.  It shouldn't be, as you've had plenty of talent on that side of the ball, but for whatever reason you guys can't seem to get your offense playing at that top level consistently.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jbcarol

Peter Burns @PeterBurnsESPN  ·  15h

LSU, Missouri, Clemson......rough night to be a Tigers fan.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Torqued pork

Indiana beat Mizzou in Columbia. Debate over.

pigture perfect

LSU got hounded badly at home at night. Not as close as the score indicates even.

hoghappy

Not a good loss for LSU yesterday. I think my premise might be a good one.l

DeltaBoy

LSU is not playing as well this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HiggiePiggy

The draft has hurt this team big time and the lack of an offense doesn't help either.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: RyeHogFan on September 09, 2014, 08:50:00 am
Even with their youth, they're still the 2nd best Tigers. Mizzou wouldn't fare to well against LSWho.
I don't think so. Mizzou has a qb. LSU does not.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 27, 2014, 01:33:54 am
LSU got hounded badly at home at night. Not as close as the score indicates even.
it was at aubie