Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Atmosphere Guru

Started by ClearEyes, September 08, 2014, 08:28:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jbcaller on September 08, 2014, 11:43:00 pm
I understand there are plenty of people involved in u of a athletics and it doesn't matter who I am but I assure you I don't work for Elvis nor am I Elvis, I just think people should understand that there are 100s of people who make a Razorback sporting event work and for someone to blame a new employee for sound is dumb. He has done some really good things for the department and making a thread on a message board  and posting his contact info is bush league and immature.

In that case, could you do us a favor? Please tell Elvis that the sound production, etc. at last Saturday's game was just awful. Surely, someone in his position knows who is responsible and can get the issues corrected. Tell him we appreciate anything he can do.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Marmot

Quote from: jbcaller on September 08, 2014, 10:56:33 pm
Elvis has done more for this university in two months then anyone on this board will most likely ever accomplish.

Like what?

He was dissapointed on Saturday without a doubt but it was in no way shape or form any administrators fault.

Then whose fault was it?
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Swine Superior

I have no idea who Elvis is or JBCaller for that matter.
But some of you do need to follow him on twitter.He has been working his tail off selling the Razorback brand.He's been at every tulip festival to greased pig contest in Arkansas selling Razorback.
The game atmosphere will get cleared up,there's a lot of moving parts involved along with personnel.
Some of you do need to get a clue. :razorback:

Hawgzinbowlz

Whoever is at the top of the line, and is responsible for what occurred at the Nicholls game, needs the opportunity to fix it... and if it continues, he/she needs to be fired... Immediately.
If it takes the person in charge to hire someone that knows how to hire a competent production leader, please get it done.
The more I reflect on it the more bizarre it seems. We are talking about improving the in game experience and it's beyond belief that anyone ran through a pregame production on this and allowed this to occur.
I want to enjoy a professional production and we need something produced that all Arkansans can enjoy and be proud of.
Someone is in charge and needs to be held accountable.

" GO HOGS "

GolfnHog

Elvis has done more for this university in two months then anyone on this board will most likely ever accomplish. As far as getting people into the stands for our secondary sports like soccer and volleyball, we have seen record breaking numbers. Elvis doesn't run the sound board and isn't the DJ. He was dissapointed on Saturday without a doubt but it was in no way shape or form any administrators fault.

Hmmm, wrong answer son! There is plenty of accountability or the lack of accountablity for what happened for the fans last Saturday. All successes and failures ultimately are the athletic departments responsibility. You want to pass the buck, send it back to those customers that were shortchanged on this fiasco.

Try again, but in doing so, get the product right!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 09, 2014, 10:34:31 am
Hmmm, wrong answer son! There is plenty of accountability or the lack of accountablity for what happened for the fans last Saturday. All successes and failures ultimately are the athletic departments responsibility. You want to pass the buck, send it back to those customers that were shortchanged on this fiasco.

Try again, but in doing so, get the product right!

It is absolutely the administration's fault.  I mean, that's who runs the football games. 

That being said, for someone to find a picture of some guy and then conclude, "THIS IS THE GUY! IT'S HIS FAULT!" is just ridiculous.   

ricepig

Quote from: Swine Superior on September 09, 2014, 07:57:20 am
But some of you do need to follow him on twitter.He has been working his tail off selling the Razorback brand.He's been at every tulip festival to greased pig contest in Arkansas selling Razorback.
The game atmosphere will get cleared up,there's a lot of moving parts involved along with personnel.

So, doing his job is more than posters on here who have donated $1000's? No one is wanting his head after one game, but if he is the person in charge of game day production, he needs to make sure it's the best it can be.

The_Iceman

Thanks Elvis (or fellow University Employee)! :)

cmrhawg

Elvis has done more for this university in two months then anyone on this board will most likely ever accomplish. As far as getting people into the stands for our secondary sports like soccer and volleyball, we have seen record breaking numbers. Elvis doesn't run the sound board and isn't the DJ. He was dissapointed on Saturday without a doubt but it was in no way shape or form any administrators fault.

Surely you understand this isn't the case. At some level it is absolutely an administrators fault, and I'm sure there is an administrator being held accountable.

Dr. Starcs

It's now the American way: nobody is held accountable, and its always somebody else's fault.

(I use the words "nobody" and "always" loosely)

little pigee

What is a twitter?  I need a clue.  And a head's up about the next tulip festival!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

B501

jlhogfan

Come on Mods; Hogville is better than this

razorcash2

Give the job to David Bazzell.

He could make it rock.

Justifiable Hogicide

It was Double Trouble Elvis.
Bad song selection.
Bad sound system.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DukeOfPork

Hawgey-Davidson

I just talked to the Big E and he said there was a whole lota shakin going on down at the BAC over last saturdays home game debut. He said he's gonna patch it up and he was so lonesome he could cry. More to come later, his big boss man just came in.

NaturalStateReb

I wonder if he told Jeff Long, "thank you, thank you, very much" for the job.

His prior gig was director of fan engagement at Texas Tech.  That had to be a tough gig.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 09, 2014, 02:42:02 pm
I wonder if he told Jeff Long, "thank you, thank you, very much" for the job.

His prior gig was director of fan engagement at Texas Tech.  That had to be a tough gig.Went from a jack to a king.