Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Atmosphere Guru

Started by ClearEyes, September 08, 2014, 08:28:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearEyes

September 08, 2014, 08:28:50 pm Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:35:01 pm by ClearEyes
Here is the guy in charge of the new atmosphere, Elvis Moya.

"
The addition of Elvis Moya to our team is an important step in our continuing efforts to pursue innovative ways to market our program and enhance the game day experience for all Razorback fans," Long said in a statement. "Elvis brings creativity, energy and intercollegiate athletics experience to our external team. He will also provide leadership in our efforts to engage fans in every corner of our state and throughout the country. We are pleased to welcome him to the University of Arkansas."

http://www.thecitywire.com/node/32722#.VA5Ws0tH1lI

Marshfieldhog

ricepig

Elvis told me he'd have it straightened out after one more jelly donut.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The hair explains it all.  Next!
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hobhog

You would think they would test things before a game. "Hey Elvis, something doesn't sound or look right..."

johnny cash

He may be leaving the building soon.

Dr. Starcs

SDZ_Hog

I heard a rumor that the Flying Elvises from the Utah chapter are going to parachute in at halftime to deliver peanut butter and banana sandwiches to the players. 

HF#1

Fans make the atmosphere, not the university.  Show up in droves for the game and call the effin hogs as loud as you can.  We put 70k+ in that stadium every week no matter the opponent, "game atmosphere" won't be a problem.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

zane

RIP LSUfan

LRHawg

Pretty crappy first day at te office. Better clean up his act quick.

greenie

Wise men say, only pigs rush in....

The Boar War

RazorbackRon

Quote from: HF#1 on September 08, 2014, 09:03:41 pm
Fans make the atmosphere, not the university.  Show up in droves for the game and call the effin hogs as loud as you can.  We put 70k+ in that stadium every week no matter the opponent, "game atmosphere" won't be a problem.

You obviously weren't at the game this last Saturday.  Between the booming bass, the reverb and the terrible music selection, the game atmosphere was not good (and that's being nice).
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 08, 2014, 09:17:47 pm
You obviously weren't at the game this last Saturday.  Between the booming bass, the reverb and the terrible music selection, the game atmosphere was not good (and that's being nice).

It was a Hunka Hunka Burning crud.

SPAL

Some suspicious minds in here.

(notOM)Rebel123

Elvis needs to "TCB"....

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

hogansas

I'm tired of these threads showing up.  Get something done instead of talking about it all the time.  A little less conversation, and a little more action would be nice.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

Dr. Starcs

^^^^^^
Aaaaggghhh!!!  Beat me to it!  Lol

A little less petit jean commercials, a little more statistical updates please.

Hawgzinbowlz

Poor performance is a valid reason for employee/contractor termination.

What was presented Saturday...wow.

" GO HOGS "

redeye

The University certainly has a part, but you have a good point.  If it were up to me, I'd hire Jim Robken back from Louisiana Tech and give him whatever he needs.  I know he didn't do football games, but our atmosphere in basketball, and football, hasn't been as good since he left, imo.

(notOM)Rebel123

Great...we got Bruno Mars handling our Game Day atmosphere....

VBMark

Were you there Saturday?

Game atmosphere is a problem when the school's "performance" encourages people not to come early, forgets traditions (calling the Hogs), and steps on impromptu fan noise. It was bad, very bad this past week.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

rljjr

Hmmm, well, let's see if there is improvement between game one and game two.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on September 08, 2014, 09:54:56 pm
Hmmm, well, let's see if there is improvement between game one and game two.

Well, the old adage is you make your biggest improvement between week #1 and week #2. We'll see how it applies in game management.

jkstock04

Lol man that guys pic kills me. If I looked like that id have to kick my own a$$.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jackrabbit Hog

At least he kept the "Find the Red Baron" contest.  If he'd done away with that I was gonna cancel my season tickets.

I KNEW he was under number 3!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

I wasn't there, but I take it most of you who were aren't saying: "thanky, thanky vera much?"
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Uncommon

My $0.02

1. We need to have a promotion for every game.  Like first 1,000 fans in the stadium gets a free hot dog voucher.  Something like that will get the fans in the game earlier because most of the time fans are scarfing down food and drink outside the stadium up until it's time to leave for the game to prevent paying those high concession stand prices.  At least, that's what I do before most games.

2. Like that they have an in-house DJ, the same one that does the basketball games, for warm-ups since the students are the first ones in the stadium most of the time.  Also good because we have someone who knows the tunes of today so not only the students enjoy it but the players and recruits taking visits as well.

3. Get the darn sound to work for the intro video.  The intro video is only meant for fans to get jacked up and ready for the game.  Without the sound going along with the video that effect doesn't occur.

4. I hope that they just had a major glitch that came up on game day because to not have a variety of tunes to play throughout the game is very disappointing.  I mean there are tons of songs in a variety of genres that are good for football games.  Why play classic rock all the dang time?  And if they were having a problem switching from song to song, how could that happen when you've known since Media Days that we can now play music from down to down.  We should have all the kinks worked out by now.

5. Expanding on 4 but if after a half you realized there was a glitch going from song to song, let the band loose in the second half and try again the next game.

Jackrabbit Hog

If "Enter Sandman" helps us stop our SEC foes on third down all season (hope everyone noticed that's the 3rd down gimmick), I won't criticize Bruno anymore.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 08, 2014, 09:51:45 pm
Great...we got Bruno Mars handling our Game Day atmosphere....

Bruno was a huge Elvis fan growing up.  Impersonating him at a young age was how he got into show business.  Now, it looks like Elvis is a Bruno fan.  Doesn't do anything to make the show better, but now you know.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

TomasPistola

Reminded me more of this guy from Ghostbusters 2.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

jbcaller

Elvis has done more for this university in two months then anyone on this board will most likely ever accomplish. As far as getting people into the stands for our secondary sports like soccer and volleyball, we have seen record breaking numbers. Elvis doesn't run the sound board and isn't the DJ. He was dissapointed on Saturday without a doubt but it was in no way shape or form any administrators fault.

rusvegashog

Oh great hell have us running through a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich pre-game. Maybe have the kickers popping each others tootsies.

rusvegashog

We should pay Hank Jr. Whatever he wants and get a Hog Wild as our official song and im not kidding one bit. I think it would be incredible.

VBMark

Quote from: jbcaller on September 08, 2014, 10:56:33 pm
Elvis has done more for this university in two months then anyone on this board will most likely ever accomplish. As far as getting people into the stands for our secondary sports like soccer and volleyball, we have seen record breaking numbers. Elvis doesn't run the sound board and isn't the DJ. He was dissapointed on Saturday without a doubt but it was in no way shape or form any administrators fault.

Uh, you do realize that there are multiple former athletes on this board, right JB? A few former BOT members as well and who knows how many other big-time donors.

You are really defensive about this issue. Do you work with Elvis? Is he your boss?

koreaben

This guy.

Can anybody name the baseball movie he was in with the nickname "Downtown"?  (Sometimes "threequels" just should not be made.  And certain some sequels should be avoided as well.)

Representing the Hogs in a VERY anti pig country.

LRHawg

Quote from: jbcaller on September 08, 2014, 10:56:33 pm

Look Elvis, all we're asking is that the sound gets fixed for the next home game. Arguing about what music is played when is one thing, but when the feedback is so bad my eyes bleed, maybe things need to get dialed in a little better next time.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: koreaben on September 08, 2014, 11:27:48 pm
This guy.

Can anybody name the baseball movie he was in with the nickname "Downtown"?  (Sometimes "threequels" just should not be made.  And certain some sequels should be avoided as well.)

Major League 3 - Back to the Minors
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jbcaller

I understand there are plenty of people involved in u of a athletics and it doesn't matter who I am but I assure you I don't work for Elvis nor am I Elvis, I just think people should understand that there are 100s of people who make a Razorback sporting event work and for someone to blame a new employee for sound is dumb. He has done some really good things for the department and making a thread on a message board  and posting his contact info is bush league and immature.

carolinahogger

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 08, 2014, 10:04:54 pm
Lol man that guys pic kills me. If I looked like that id have to kick my own a$$.

That, my friend, is the post of the week.

carolinahogger

Quote from: jbcaller on September 08, 2014, 11:43:00 pm
I understand there are plenty of people involved in u of a athletics and it doesn't matter who I am but I assure you I don't work for Elvis nor am I Elvis, I just think people should understand that there are 100s of people who make a Razorback sporting event work and for someone to blame a new employee for sound is dumb. He has done some really good things for the department and making a thread on a message board  and posting his contact info is bush league and immature.

It's all just in fun, Elvis.

redeye

I'm sure you're right about everything, except when you said that no administrators are too blame.  Of course they're to blame!  I think the criticism for this new employee is likely harsh and poorly directed, but the reason we have these problems is because some UA administrator doesn't think it's their fault.  If it's not their fault, then what are they administering?

hawkhawg

We are sorry Elvis. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Do us all a favor and do a sound check and a run through of everything before the next game.

1HourToHogville

I enjoyed the game and obviously hope the next one runs smoother on the technical side.
What wasn't enjoyable was listening to the two ladies sitting in the barstool seats behind the top chair back row bitch about everything from the sound, temperature, video, etc while the game started. They even acknowledged someone gave them free tickets to sit in the club seating and maybe shouldn't complain. But that didn't stop them. I stood up to block their view to force them to move. It took almost the entire first quarter for them to move and bitched some more about me standing. Guess they were a little slow in figuring out why I was the only one standing on every play. My neighbors thanked me.

My guess is their husbands gave them the indoor tickets so they could get away from them outside.

VBMark

Quote from: hawkhawg on September 09, 2014, 12:00:26 am
We are sorry Elvis. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Do us all a favor and do a sound check and a run through of everything before the next game.

This for the win!

Especially after Elvis, er JB, said Elvis had done more for the UofA that anybody on this board had in their lifetime.

redeye

Quote from: 1HourToHogville on September 09, 2014, 12:18:01 am
I enjoyed the game and obviously hope the next one runs smoother on the technical side.
What wasn't enjoyable was listening to the two ladies sitting in the barstool seats behind the top chair back row bitch about everything from the sound, temperature, video, etc while the game started. They even acknowledged someone gave them free tickets to sit in the club seating and maybe shouldn't complain. But that didn't stop them. I stood up to block their view to force them to move. It took almost the entire first quarter for them to move and bitched some more about me standing. Guess they were a little slow in figuring out why I was the only one standing on every play. My neighbors thanked me.

My guess is their husbands gave them the indoor tickets so they could get away from them outside.

If it had been my elderly mother, she'd have knocked you on the head with her cane.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redeye on September 08, 2014, 09:51:17 pm
The University certainly has a part, but you have a good point.  If it were up to me, I'd hire Jim Robken back from Louisiana Tech and give him whatever he needs.  I know he didn't do football games, but our atmosphere in basketball, and football, hasn't been as good since he left, imo.
lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

koreaben

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 08, 2014, 11:40:23 pm
Major League 3 - Back to the Minors

There it is!!

Could this become a new Hogville "THING"?  find the doppelganger for the UofA athletic department.
Representing the Hogs in a VERY anti pig country.