Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Big gets Penn State bowl eligible... Hmmm

Started by FBREW000, September 08, 2014, 04:54:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBREW000

Pickwick Hog

The NCAA was worried PSU might be the only B1G team eligible for a bowl.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GolfnHog

It was the right thing to do. The kids playing on this team or the 2 previous teams had no responsibly  for any of the crap that happened. Truly a case of the NCAA overstepping their bounds. I look to see some PSU monies being returned before it's all said and done as well.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hawghiggs

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 08, 2014, 05:25:05 pm
It was the right thing to do. The kids playing on this team or the 2 previous teams had no responsibly  for any of the crap that happened. Truly a case of the NCAA overstepping their bounds.
That could be said for any program. What about Southern Cal. Not a single player on the current team had anything to do with Reggie Bush.

The Boar War

It was the right thing to do. The kids playing on this team or the 2 previous teams had no responsibly  for any of the crap that happened. Truly a case of the NCAA overstepping their bounds. I look to see some PSU monies being returned before it's all said and done as well.

I agree that the NCAA overstepped their bounds.  But I doubt we'll see any money returned.  Wasn't it earmarked for the victims and "education"?

onebadrubi

This is BS!  The program should have strict reprimand from its action or lack of.  Any kid was given immediate chance to transfer, and all recruits coming in knew the sanctions.  Can't be mad you signed a letter of intent hedging on the NCAA doing something they've never done. 

Precedence has been completely ruined lately. 

Smoking a joint is 8 times worse than punching your wife. 

Raping little boys in NCAA school showers is worse than a star RB getting benefits for being in LA. 

Pedophile state earned everything they got and paterno's name to be tarnished. 

Hogimus Prime

PSU should've gotten the death penalty with what happened with Sandusky, Paterno and the way some of their fans acted it was sick and they deserved to not have a program for awhile.

redeye

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 08, 2014, 06:11:21 pm
This is BS!  The program should have strict reprimand from its action or lack of.  Any kid was given immediate chance to transfer, and all recruits coming in knew the sanctions.  Can't be mad you signed a letter of intent hedging on the NCAA doing something they've never done. 

I completely agree.  You're punishing the school and not the players.  If the players get caught in the crossfire, I find it hard to feel sorry for them.

You can't complain about the NCAA not doing anything and then defend the players when they do.

Rzbakfromwaybak

September 10, 2014, 01:39:26 pm #9 Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:50:56 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Just another clear example where rules & punishment don't really mean much anymore, & can be changed on a whim to fit the team & situation.

Coaches suspend players, then often reinstate them before the next important game....specially if it involves a star player.

NCAA suspends this team from bowl games & restricts their recruiting for a set number of years.  Now, it changes the punishment, & lifts the suspension.

If Penn State did not deserve the punishment the NCAA ruled it did, then Penn St. should not have been given those penalties in the first place.  If the NCAA was correct with it's decision, then the punishment should not be lifted.

Therefore, if the NCAA is admitting it did the wrong thing, & imposed unnecessary penalties on Penn St.......maybe the NCAA should suspend itself from all rulings for 2 years, until it has learned it's lesson.  Of course, even if it did, it would probably "lift" the suspension on itself in a few months.  They would claim to have conducted an investigation on themselves, & no wrongdoing could be found.

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.