Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cow girls 2014

Started by DeltaBoy, September 08, 2014, 03:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 12, 2014, 10:50:52 pm
Paging Atlhogfan.

Impressive win.  Dominated the game throughout which in that stadium is tough.  Happy to see it as I don't want Seattle to get home field in the NFC playoffs.  The more they lose the better.  Doesn't change who Dallas beat earlier this season.  But it may indicate they are a really good team this season no matter who they play.

I doubt NFL teams with soft schedules from having seen the Falcons up close.  They have been on a somewhat every other season pattern in part to scheduling.  Bad season - easier schedule the following ends up in good season - tougher schedule ends up in bad season - easier schedule good .....

The Cowboys can't give this game back by losing to an Arizona or Jax now. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

MikePiazza

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 13, 2014, 12:58:36 pm
Impressive win.  Dominated the game throughout which in that stadium is tough.  Happy to see it as I don't want Seattle to get home field in the NFC playoffs.  The more they lose the better.  Doesn't change who Dallas beat earlier this season.  But it may indicate they are a really good team this season no matter who they play.

I doubt NFL teams with soft schedules from having seen the Falcons up close.  They have been on a somewhat every other season pattern in part to scheduling.  Bad season - easier schedule the following ends up in good season - tougher schedule ends up in bad season - easier schedule good .....

The Cowboys can't give this game back by losing to an Arizona or Jax now.

Arizona is good. Jacksonville definitely, they haven't won a game.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 13, 2014, 01:13:11 pm
Arizona is good. Jacksonville definitely, they haven't won a game.

Az has a qb issue.  If Dallas wants to win in the playoffs, they need to beat teams like Arizona in order to get home field. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bennyl08

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 13, 2014, 12:15:39 pm
My predictions for the rest of the way:

10/19 NY Giants W
10/27 Washington W
11/2 Arizona L
11/9 Jacksonville (London) W
11/23 @NY Giants W
11/27 Philadelphia W
12/4 at Chicago L
12/14 at Philadelphia L
12/21 Indianapolis W
12/28 at Washington W

This is all assuming players stay healthy and they stick to the plan. That four-week stretch of Philly, @Chicago, @ Philly and Indianapolis is murderer's row. Going 2-2 in that stretch would be wonderful.

I pretty much agree with this except for the win vs. the Colts. Indy wins that game with the final score being closer than the game really was. I could also see @NYG being a loss for the cowboys, but the giants are so hard to predict. I mean, they lose twice to rex grossman yet go on to win the Super Bowl?? Women on menopause are more consistent than the giants.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

MikePiazza

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 13, 2014, 01:43:55 pm
Az has a qb issue.  If Dallas wants to win in the playoffs, they need to beat teams like Arizona in order to get home field.

Home field doesn't matter for the Cowboys, I don't think. They've won every road game they've played this year, including at the toughest environment in the NFL.

Plus at their home games, the other team's fans drown out the Cowboys fans and Romo has to switch to a silent count.

EastexHawg

The next month of the schedule gives the Cowboys a chance to make hay.  Now they have to back up what they did yesterday and prove they are one of the NFC's best.  It's hard to be too sure about them based on what we've seen for the last few years...make that two decades...but if Murray stays healthy they have a shot at being 8-2 or even 9-1 in mid-November.

Romo is playing fantastic football right now, and the addition of Rolando McClain has been a huge boost for the defense.  Mo Claiborne may be a case of addition by subtraction at corner.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 13, 2014, 02:15:57 pm
Home field doesn't matter for the Cowboys, I don't think. They've won every road game they've played this year, including at the toughest environment in the NFL.

Plus at their home games, the other team's fans drown out the Cowboys fans and Romo has to switch to a silent count.

Early regular season is different than playoffs at Seattle or Green Bay. 

Opponents' fans can plan to see regular season games.  Should be much more difficult to get playoff tickets for non Cowboy fans. 

bennyl08

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 13, 2014, 02:22:55 pm
The next month of the schedule gives the Cowboys a chance to make hay.  Now they have to back up what they did yesterday and prove they are one of the NFC's best.  It's hard to be too sure about them based on what we've seen for the last few years...make that two decades...but if Murray stays healthy they have a shot at being 8-2 or even 9-1 in mid-November.

Romo is playing fantastic football right now, and the addition of Rolando McClain has been a huge boost for the defense.  Mo Claiborne may be a case of addition by subtraction at corner.

Therein lies the problem in predicting future cowboy success. Murray is on pace for 424 carries this season. Murray has never been able to stay healthy for a full season. His highest carry total came in college at 284, his highest in the NFL was 217 last season, and even then, he missed two games. Through 6 games, he's already at 159. When Murray goes down, so do the boys.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hogs24

Quote from: bao187 on October 13, 2014, 11:55:57 am
makes me feel a lot better about going in to dallas and beating the boys opening weekend, any week the seahawks are shut up is a good week for a niner fan

we had like 18 turnovers. Niners had it gift wrapped.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Dr. Starcs

Don't make excuses. The niners earned that win, just as Dallas thoroughly earned theirs yesterday.

hogs24

No excuses. Fair enough. Niners still suck.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

bao187

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 13, 2014, 02:34:50 pmMurray is on pace for 424 carries this season. Murray has never been able to stay healthy for a full season. His highest carry total came in college at 284, his highest in the NFL was 217 last season, and even then, he missed two games. Through 6 games, he's already at 159. When Murray goes down, so do the boys.

Nailed it.

They need to start giving Randle a heavier carry load.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Dr. Starcs

October 14, 2014, 11:16:06 am #64 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:28:10 am by Dr. Starcs
Idiot.

Looks like the Dallas pd did a better job of stopping the cowboys run game than the Seahawks d. :)

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 13, 2014, 12:15:39 pm
My predictions for the rest of the way:

10/19 NY Giants W
10/27 Washington W
11/2 Arizona L
11/9 Jacksonville (London) W
11/23 @NY Giants W
11/27 Philadelphia W
12/4 at Chicago L
12/14 at Philadelphia L
12/21 Indianapolis W
12/28 at Washington W

This is all assuming players stay healthy and they stick to the plan. That four-week stretch of Philly, @Chicago, @ Philly and Indianapolis is murderer's row. Going 2-2 in that stretch would be wonderful.
your Cowboys won't beat my colts. Go colts!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on October 14, 2014, 11:21:30 am
your Cowboys won't beat my colts. Go colts!

I'm thinking they will... :)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Big Papa Satan

Dr. Starcs

I know Randle went to okie st. Looks like ou woulda been a better fit.

Dr. Starcs

Well, might as well keep enjoying it.........

How bout them Cowboys!!! 

6-1, but I'm still sticking with my 5-11 prediction. Lol

Iwastherein1969

the funny thing is that Cowboy haters crow and crow when they(the Cowboys) lose...I hope you GD haters have the same heart-ripping feeling inside when the Cowboys win as you do when the Hogs lose a close one to Alabama...it will teach you to not be a hater....find you a team and root for them...it must be a miserable feeling backing a team that hasn't won an SEC game in over 2 years and pulling against what is now (6-1) NFL team simply because they were once America's Team...the above records translates into two years of college football futility combined with 6 straight weeks of wins in the NFL... but, as per usual, haters gonna hate no matter the consequences
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DeltaBoy

The Red Headed boy from Princeton got these Boys playing some football.  Great hire on the New DC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MikePiazza

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2014, 08:19:24 am
The Red Headed boy from Princeton got these Boys playing some football.  Great hire on the New DC.

Orakpo out for the year and Redskins don't know who to start at quarterback. Should be 7-1 heading into November.

dhornjr1

Amazing how winning shuts up all the haters.

No matter though, since I am a Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, and a Lakers fan, I know I'll be living rent-free in many of your skulls for years to come.

DLUXHOG

I'm happy for Jerry.  It's been 20 years, but better late than never..

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on October 20, 2014, 01:19:27 pm
Amazing how winning shuts up all the haters.

17 years of mediocrity, and one playoff win to speak of, provides a lot of ammo. The hate was well deserved.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

MikePiazza

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on October 20, 2014, 02:30:29 pm
17 years of mediocrity, and one playoff win to speak of, provides a lot of ammo. The hate was well deserved.

Agreed. Hopefully they're finally reaching their potential. But I want Jerry to get none of the credit. Yet you know he will try and take all of it.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 20, 2014, 03:08:20 pm
Agreed. Hopefully they're finally reaching their potential. But I want Jerry to get none of the credit. Yet you know he will try and take all of it.

Shoot... they can give his wife credit for all I care... they just need to keep WINNING!

MikePiazza

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 20, 2014, 03:10:36 pm
Shoot... they can give his wife credit for all I care... they just need to keep WINNING!

If Jerry can just be content with staying in the shadows and letting the results speak for themselves, they can win the Super Bowl.

I just don't think he can. His ego is as big as the stadium he built.

Dr. Starcs

Still premature though.

Dallas finished 13-3 a few years ago, had homefield advantage and still lost to the giants in their first playoff game.

6-1 is VERY encouraging, but there's still a lot of ball left to be played.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 20, 2014, 03:13:14 pm
Still premature though.

Dallas finished 13-3 a few years ago, had homefield advantage and still lost to the giants in their first playoff game.

6-1 is VERY encouraging, but there's still a lot of ball left to be played.

2007 is more than a few years ago, but I get your point. I think most rational Cowboys fans are cautiously optimistic at this point. They want to see how they play the Eagles twice.

Dr. Starcs

Yeah Mike. I was just pointing out that we have seen this team have regular season success before (couldn't remember the year), just to flame out in the postseason.

This team making the postseason this year would be a HUGE accomplishment.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 20, 2014, 03:24:55 pm
Yeah Mike. I was just pointing out that we have seen this team have regular season success before (couldn't remember the year), just to flame out in the postseason.

This team making the postseason this year would be a HUGE accomplishment.

No doubt. A LOT of people thought that 6-10 would be a stretch for this roster. They're already at that win total after Week 7!

DeltaBoy

The difference to me is the play of the O-line this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

dhornjr1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2014, 08:42:53 am
The difference to me is the play of the O-line this year.

The defense from last year to this year is like night and day.

bennyl08

Quote from: MikePiazza on October 20, 2014, 03:48:33 pm
No doubt. A LOT of people thought that 6-10 would be a stretch for this roster. They're already at that win total after Week 7!

I think most were projecting right around 8-8 +/- a game. I still think this offenses collapses when Murray gets injured. When, not if. Their offense has had elite talent for several years now, and it's nice to see it come together (until injury happens). However, that defense has been the surprise. You take a historically bad defense, lose their top playmakers in FA, lose their top remaining players to injury, and suddenly they are a pretty good defense. Go figure.

MikePiazza

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 22, 2014, 01:27:23 am
I think most were projecting right around 8-8 +/- a game. I still think this offenses collapses when Murray gets injured. When, not if. Their offense has had elite talent for several years now, and it's nice to see it come together (until injury happens). However, that defense has been the surprise. You take a historically bad defense, lose their top playmakers in FA, lose their top remaining players to injury, and suddenly they are a pretty good defense. Go figure.

Obviously it (Murray getting injured) could happen but hopefully it doesn't!

DLUXHOG

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

clutch

I see where Jerry isn't making any rush decisions and giving Garret and extension. Good move in my opinion. The wheels are still liable to fall off and Jason hasn't really proved anything up until this point.

DLUXHOG

They did release Sams from the practice squad.... ;)

DeltaBoy

dhornjr1

Quote from: alohawg on October 22, 2014, 10:55:55 am
Pump the brakes.......this makes nervous.

I'm sure Cowlishaw is hoping they collapse after he gets everyone talking about the Super Bowl. He just wants people talking about him and he wants his ugly mug on TV as much as possible.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on October 23, 2014, 01:30:33 pm
I'm sure Cowlishaw is hoping they collapse after he gets everyone talking about the Super Bowl. He just wants people talking about him and he wants his ugly mug on TV as much as possible.

Is there a DFW columnist who isn't a galaxy-sized d-bag?

riccoar

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 13, 2014, 08:39:20 pm
Don't make excuses. The niners earned that win, just as Dallas thoroughly earned theirs yesterday.
Niners got a Romo who sat out pre-season, but they did earn it.  I'm far from sold on Romo.  Not even close to liking him and I've been a fan since Staubach.

Dr. Starcs

My childhood idol was Troy Aikman. But I've gotta admit, Romo makes plays Troy never could. But a few key differences:

Aikman had much better talent (especially on the offensive line) around him and his defense was one of the best in the league.

Romo has never had that kind of defense, but his line is getting better. Romo makes mistakes that Troy wouldn't, but a lot of it is due to the fact of poor line protection or poor decisions trying to force things and do too much.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 24, 2014, 03:53:07 pm
My childhood idol was Troy Aikman. But I've gotta admit, Romo makes plays Troy never could. But a few key differences:

Aikman had much better talent (especially on the offensive line) around him and his defense was one of the best in the league.

Romo has never had that kind of defense, but his line is getting better. Romo makes mistakes that Troy wouldn't, but a lot of it is due to the fact of poor line protection or poor decisions trying to force things and do too much.

He made a lot of those mistakes because he was having to throw 50+ times a game too. He's been much better this year in a balanced offense.

Atlhogfan1

Interesting stat heading into the weekend, all of the teams Dallas has beaten are .500 and below.  Maybe Seattle will beat Carolina. 

BigSexyHog

I am one of those totally shocked by the Cowboys so far but still plenty of time left for them to pull their 2nd half meltdown.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

bao187

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.