Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cow girls 2014

Started by DeltaBoy, September 08, 2014, 03:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

After Sundays game I expect the Girls to go 6-10.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Starcs

I said 5-11 before the season. Even that may be optimistic. Smh

95_alum

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 08, 2014, 03:44:36 pm
After Sundays game I expect the Girls to go 6-10.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Wins: Rams, both Giants & Redskins, one of Philly?

DeltaBoy

Cows have turned the corner for NOW! 
Great comeback.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Dr. Starcs

As much as I'd like to believe you, I still can't say they are gonna be any better than just average this year. And honestly, 8-8 might be an accomplishment with that roster.

HawgAdvocate

I agree with the OP's original prediction of 6-10. Beating the Rams and the Titans are sort of 'meh.'

The Saints, Seahawks, Eagles x2, Redskins x2, Cardinals, Colts, and Bears should all win against Dallas.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

DeltaBoy

We will see what the Gals do this year.

Dr. Starcs

A quiet forum gets even quieter after a Cowboys win.

DeltaBoy

WOW a Rebuilt O Line and a 3-1 record !!! Who would have even imaged that 5 weeks ago.

Dr. Starcs

Not me delta. My prediction of 5-11 isn't looking too good, which is a good sign.

I'm still not sold yet, but they definitely LOOK better than that.

bao187

The cowboys are the 2nd best team in that division. if they can continue not making mistakes they may catch fire at the right time. I don't think the eagles are much better than the boys.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: bao187 on September 30, 2014, 12:41:19 pm
The cowboys are the 2nd best team in that division. if they can continue not making mistakes they may catch fire at the right time. I don't think the eagles are much better than the boys.

The Eagles can't run the ball with any efficiency if they're pulling scrub OGs. And if they can't run, then their zone-read is pointless. Foles will get better as the season moves along and he gets more comfortable with his weekly patchwork OL. Jason Kelce was Pro Football Focus' top center in 2013, and Evan Mathis has been PFF's top OG the prior few years. Getting Lane Johnson back at RT will allow Todd Herremans to move back to RG, which will help. They'll get Mathis and Kelce back in another month, just in time for the stretch run.

The Giants are clearly getting better. They have talent in the secondary, and 1st round pick Odell Beckham hasn't evenplayed a snap yet. They are more talented than the Cowboys, especially on D.

Cowboys fans better hold their breath every time Murray carries the rock. If and when he goes down, as he has done every season prior, it's all over.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

bao187

Murray is my fantasy qb. He has been a beast this year.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

DeltaBoy

The EAST is down and with a couple of breaks the Cowboys should win it.

Dr. Starcs

The cowboys should not win the east, at least not on paper. 8-8 would be a huge accomplishment this year, with that roster defensively.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 01, 2014, 09:24:21 am
The EAST is down and with a couple of breaks the Cowboys should win it.

How is it down? The Giants are on a roll and have won two straight now that their new offense is coming together. The Eagles won @ Indy, and nearly won @ SF despite a subpar showing on offense. Washington is down, but that's nothing new as they were 1-3 to start last season as well.

The Cowboys have beaten the clearly sub-par Rams and Titans, and a 1-3 Saints team with a horrid defense that also lost to Cleveland. The Cowboys should probably beat a team over .500 before an NFC East title can be expected.

Bubba's Bruisers

Folding like a cheap suit today.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dr. Starcs

And somehow still have a chance.

Dr. Starcs

That's a winner.

Shocked that this team is 4-1. Gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Crazy they are 4-1 with all the preseason predictions of doom and gloom.  Still early, but they've looked pretty good so far.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Atlhogfan1

Lost to the only good team on their schedule so far.

Rams, Titans and Texans are awful and Saints are struggling. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

secfan30

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 05, 2014, 03:42:11 pm
Crazy they are 4-1 with all the preseason predictions of doom and gloom.  Still early, but they've looked pretty good so far.

I agree, but it's hard for me to get excited. I'm waiting for the bottom to drop out. I remember the days where playoffs were an afterthought a championship was expected.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: secfan30 on October 05, 2014, 04:24:55 pm
I agree, but it's hard for me to get excited. I'm waiting for the bottom to drop out. I remember the days where playoffs were an afterthought a championship was expected.

@Seattle next and 2 NFCE teams coming up. 

@Chi, Wash and Philly in Dec and Indy at home in December.  That is tough. 

The Cowboys are maybe a game ahead of where they should be (W over NO).  They had to be at least 3-2 in these first 5 to have any shot.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dr. Starcs

That awful rams team nearly won at Philly today. And texans are 3-2, not really awful I'd say.

Haters gonna hate. Lol.

There's no maybe about it. Cowboys are ahead of where anyone would have thought at this point.

I'm still sticking with my 5-11 prediction (smh), but am enjoying it while it lasts.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 05, 2014, 04:37:52 pm
That awful rams team nearly won at Philly today.

You do realize that the same 'awful rams' nearly won against Dallas, right? They were down by just 3 with the ball at the two minute warning (34-31).

6 > 3 ;)

Dr. Starcs

Without a doubt, HA. But I was responding to ATL and pointing out that while Dallas may still not be great, it is conceivable for them to contend in the east when Philly is the prohibitive favorite but also vulnerable.

But thanks for keeping me honest.

And for the record, I'm still sticking with 5-11. Lol

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 07, 2014, 07:51:46 pm
Without a doubt, HA. But I was responding to ATL and pointing out that while Dallas may still not be great, it is conceivable for them to contend in the east when Philly is the prohibitive favorite but also vulnerable.

But thanks for keeping me honest.

And for the record, I'm still sticking with 5-11. Lol

Well said. I gotta try and keep you Cowboys fans from getting your hopes up too high!

We'll be lucky to beat the Giants this weekend. A week 7 bye welcomes back Mychal Kendricks, then it's Houston and then AZ. We're supposed to get Mathis and Kelce back in in week 10. Once the OL is finally back together, I hope it's curtains for everyone else!

Dr. Starcs

Who needs that Philly offense when the defense and special teams is out-scoring them every week and cost me a fantasy win last week!   

DeltaBoy

Got a measuring stick game this week when the Boys play the Seahawks.

Dr. Starcs

Afraid that could get ugly at Seattle.

bao187

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 08, 2014, 08:43:05 am

the only time i'll ever root for the cowboys

EastexHawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 08, 2014, 08:43:05 am

The Seahawks are the defending world champions so I don't exactly see this as a measuring stick unless the standard is "are the Cowboys potential Super Bowl champions?"  I don't think anyone believes that, so little will be proven if Seattle rolls at home.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 09, 2014, 03:56:15 pm
The Seahawks are the defending world champions so I don't exactly see this as a measuring stick unless the standard is "are the Cowboys potential Super Bowl champions?"  I don't think anyone believes that, so little will be proven if Seattle rolls at home.

By 'meansuring stick' I believe he means it will give Cowboys fans a more accurate assessment as to how competitive they can really be this year. Beating the Rams, Titans, Saints, and Texans isn't much to brag about right now.

And yeah the Texans are 3-2, but those three wins were against the Raiders, Redskins, and Buffalo...not exactly a trio of winners either.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 09, 2014, 03:56:15 pm

Especially consider in it's in Seattle. Dang near impossible to win there. If the cowboys somehow pulled it out it would give people a completely different outlook on them though.

hawkhawg

Dr. Starcs

Awfully quiet in here again. Lol

Even though I'm not sure I believe it,........

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!  Lol

DLUXHOG

Cowboys played a great game.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Dirty

95_alum

Wow. At Seattle.  (+8.5)

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Big Papa Satan

clutch

I'll be danged. They just might be for real. Very impressed with today's win. I was just hoping that the boys would play them closely. It's insanely hard to win in Seattle.

Richard_white

A really good win for the Boys. 

Dr. Starcs

Big Papa Satan

Oh, that 8-8 prediction is still valid. 

That said, it's nice to hear the sound of crickets.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bao187

makes me feel a lot better about going in to dallas and beating the boys opening weekend, any week the seahawks are shut up is a good week for a niner fan

DeltaBoy

Solid win by the Boyz in a Hostile environment.

MikePiazza

My predictions for the rest of the way:

10/19 NY Giants W
10/27 Washington W
11/2 Arizona L
11/9 Jacksonville (London) W
11/23 @NY Giants W
11/27 Philadelphia W
12/4 at Chicago L
12/14 at Philadelphia L
12/21 Indianapolis W
12/28 at Washington W

This is all assuming players stay healthy and they stick to the plan. That four-week stretch of Philly, @Chicago, @ Philly and Indianapolis is murderer's row. Going 2-2 in that stretch would be wonderful.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.