Pig Head
52 (16.9%)
Pig Pen ( the smoky gate )
144 (46.9%)
Don't care, just win
111 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 301

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

trippigs

I like the logo but the pen is small. Guess we need to see how it all works when the PA is in sync.

LAHogfan123

As long as they don't keep the players in there as long as they did Saturday and suffucate them for several minutes in a cloud of smoke, I like the pen better.

RICKHOGHEAD

I'm not sure yet about the pig pen. Maybe it will grow on me but right now it just looks weird.

twistitup

Quote from: RICKHOGHEAD on September 08, 2014, 01:17:05 pm
I'm not sure yet about the pig pen. Maybe it will grow on me but right now it just looks weird.

It also looks very cheap IMHO

Virgil

Its better than the elementary looking hog snout!  That was embarrassing!!! 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

arkfan81

Have faith...

twistitup

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 08, 2014, 01:26:40 pm
tells us how you really feel..

I'm surprised we didn't get a Tractor Supply sponsorship deal out of that gated pen.

DoctorSusscrofa

Yes, I like the block A entrance. Any questions?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Hook 'em Hogs

I think it can be pretty cool.  They just need to work out the details (that should have been worked out already).

twistitup

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on September 08, 2014, 02:38:51 pm
I think it can be pretty cool.  They just need to work out the details (that should have been worked out already).

Maybe I just got a bad first impression....It looked a bit janky for a multimillion dollar athletic program.

code red

Quote from: twistitup on September 08, 2014, 02:44:36 pm
Maybe I just got a bad first impression....It looked a bit janky for a multimillion dollar athletic program.
Agree
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jswineberiaskirk

Shorttimer

Quote from: twistitup on September 08, 2014, 11:59:29 am
I not a fan of the new pen.
As far as I can tell, you're not a fan of much of anything that's going on right now.

On point, it's better than the snout, but I'm a country boy so the hogpen idea resonates with me.  It needs a section of bleachers on either side. Nothing will look really good on that end until there are fans down there.

HogRockCafe

It might have been a little more impressive if the audio had worked, but janky is good word for it.  It looked more like playground equipment, and Pumba didn't exactly help that.

trashcan maN

Quote from: twistitup on September 08, 2014, 01:19:21 pm
Does it look cheaper than the inflatable bouncy house we used to run out of?

Calvin Swine

I didn't care for the bouncy house or the players shooting out of the nose (something's just odd about that). 

The pen?  Perhaps it will grow on me in time.  It just seemed to harken back and say SWC to me.  *shrug*

Hog Nutt

We are not the Pigs, we are the Razorbacks. You don't/can't keep a Razorback in a pig pen. There, I said it and I'm done.

twistitup

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 08, 2014, 03:19:20 pm
Does it look cheaper than the inflatable bouncy house we used to run out of?

Both are subpar

Mike Irwin

It looks like a cattle pen or something that belongs at a rodeo. Razorback Hogs reside in thick brush or heavily forested land. As somebody has pointed out to me it would make more sense to pile up a bunch of bushes and have the team run out of that.

twistitup

Quote from: Shorttimer on September 08, 2014, 03:08:40 pm
As far as I can tell, you're not a fan of much of anything that's going on right now.

On point, it's better than the snout, but I'm a country boy so the hogpen idea resonates with me.  It needs a section of bleachers on either side. Nothing will look really good on that end until there are fans down there.

I'm a big fan of quality wins, let's hope we pick one up Saturday

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Nutt on September 08, 2014, 03:56:29 pm
We are not the Pigs, we are the Razorbacks. You don't/can't keep a Razorback in a pig pen. There, I said it and I'm done.

Where do they keep Tusk?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You have not built a fence out of stainless steel, I am guessing...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rusvegashog

I think it's whine whine b!@ch and moan. However HogNutt has a valid point razorbacks are wild, a pig pen would indicate that they've been tamed. Kids take pictures w Tusk they don't fear him.

1highhog

I'm not sure if the fence is galvanized or stainless steel, but let's say it's the cheaper galvanized, it's still not cheap.  If it's stainless steel, it's very expensive.  The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a better front facing hog instead of the one they went with.  I much prefer the one below than the one that's on the gate, looks more menacing to me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Pulse

When they put up the big head it wasn't at all like i had imagined or like the drawings i had seen. the drawings i had seen were of big tusks coming out of the ground and stuff. What they put up sucked.

I don't really like the pig pen either. Not really intimidating. They should have it made out off the crap they make hollywood stunt props and have the team bust out of it every week juggernaut style. That would be cool.

Arkamedes

Can we turn the inflatable razorback around and let the visiting team run out of a hole in the back end? I just hate to waste things.
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on September 08, 2014, 04:04:51 pm
Where do they keep Tusk?

Many have said this isn't feasible, but I'd like to see a trained "Tusk" with several handlers, running and leading the team out onto the field. It can't be any more dangerous than what Colorado does with their Buffalo and when was the last time that they had a negative incident with that animal that is significantly larger? Just sayin, I think that would be pretty cool if it can be done. Hogs have to be smarter and more easily trained than Buffaloes.
Go Hogs Go!

31to6

Quote from: twistitup on September 08, 2014, 11:59:29 am
I not a fan of the new pen.
I don't care if they run out of a pigs ass if they win.

majestic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 08, 2014, 06:33:44 pm
It can't be any more dangerous than what Colorado does with their Buffalo and when was the last time that they had a negative incident with that animal that is significantly larger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEVVKi35lRM
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

B501

Quote from: Hog Nutt on September 08, 2014, 03:56:29 pm

exactly we cant be contained!!!  ::hornsdown::

twistitup

Quote from: 31to6 on September 08, 2014, 06:34:25 pm
I don't care if they run out of a pigs ass if they win.

Running out of a pigs ass....now that would be national news

I agree - just win

twistitup

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 08, 2014, 04:01:56 pm
It looks like a cattle pen or something that belongs at a rodeo. Razorback Hogs reside in thick brush or heavily forested land. As somebody has pointed out to me it would make more sense to pile up a bunch of bushes and have the team run out of that.

Very true...when we run out we need to look "like a wild band of Razorback Hogs" not penned up domesticated farm animals.

Pickwick Hog

Lose the pen, keep the smoke and run thru the A.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

twistitup

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on September 08, 2014, 06:53:30 pm
Lose the pen, keep the smoke and run thru the A.

Sounds good...

Scrap the pen

The_Bionic_Pig

My first thought when looking at the subject title was Booth Rand's Pigpen
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

twistitup

Quote from: lefty08 on September 08, 2014, 08:03:13 pm
Im shocked

Shocked, that's past tense - did you enjoy it?

You know.... 'the shocker'?

hognc2010

Running out of the Pig snout was fine in the past, however we use to laugh that because of the way the snout was under the field goal it was easy to have a target for field goals. 

I thought on TV the kids looked  good and fired up in the pen so for me the pig pen was just a nice change.

Regardless we won

Birminghog

A swamp, complete with cypress knees, out of which the feral razorbacks emerge and rend the unsuspecting.

HF#1

The problem is that if they don't put something there they will be running out of glass doors and that wouldn't be acceptable to you whiney asses either so...

And I'm sorry but that front facing hog looked badass on that gate.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

twistitup

Quote from: HF#1 on September 08, 2014, 09:00:44 pm
The problem is that if they don't put something there they will be running out of glass doors and that wouldn't be acceptable to you whiney asses either so...

And I'm sorry but that front facing hog looked badass on that gate.

Smoke will cover the glass doors ...last Saturday there was enough smoke to fill the entire N endzone

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

trippigs

I vote for the pigs ass and twistitup providing the smoke

z1on

Neither. How about just running out of the locker room like a normal program?

SweetSassyMolassy

Quote from: Arkamedes on September 08, 2014, 06:29:59 pm
Can we turn the inflatable razorback around and let the visiting team run out of a hole in the back end? I just hate to waste things.

brilliant

DEVIL DOG HOG

What! No Frito Pie! I'm going back to DST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

twistitup

Quote from: z1on on September 08, 2014, 09:20:39 pm
Neither. How about just running out of the locker room like a normal program?

I'm down....

Anything but the metal farm gates

hview

Guess it's just me, but when I think of the pig pen I think of a bunch of hungry squealing pigs. Add the squealing pigs and this would be complete. I like the suggestion of just running out of the locker run, perhaps to the sound of the band playing and the hog call. 

buldozer

Pig pen looked cheap and like something that could possibly be involved in an accident in the future with players running out of that thing with it probably having some sharp metal edges..... not the best idea IMO. I think they will come up with something else next year. CBB seems determined to change everything, probably hoping it will help turn things around, at least mentally.