Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WBB visitors this past weekend (9/6-9/7)?

Started by psycHOGlogist, September 08, 2014, 10:36:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

I had seen several things on twitter from CJD and other assistants indicating that this past weekend was a potentially big one in terms of visiting recruits. Of course, it's possible that I was just misinterpreting their comments.

Does anyone know if (and whom) we hosted this past weekend?

Scott7703

CJD got a commitment from Briunna Freeman out of Georgia. I don't know much about her.

flippinhogmana

Google search yields the following:  She is listed as the 45th best player in Georgia.  Her bio says 5-11, guard/small forward.  Averaged 18.0 ppg last year. Pelham HS (Albany GA).  She appears to be a gamer.  Leading player on a good team.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Hogtied85

With all the new recruiting commitments. We only need two more spots for a 15 women roster for next year. Gabrielle Stanton is listed as one of the recruits according the espn website ,but now is committed to Tulsa after Arkansas coaching change. All we can hope for is some 4 or 5 stars athletes to fill the next two spots ;D  :razorback:

psycHOGlogist

Interesting about Stanton - I hadn't heard about her but like you saw her on the ESPN HoopGurlz site, and I was wondering just how many guards CJD was going to sign! Thanks for the info.

Freeman has a grade of 90 on the ESPN site, which is pretty darn good. As of now, we have 4 commits (3 G, one Wing), all graded 90 or above, and all on the ESPN Top 100 watch list (no guarantee they will make the list):

Jordan Danberry, PG - Grade 92
ESPNU HoopGurlz Super 60
POS RANK PG #11
HT 5-7HS Conway H.S. (AR)

Briunna Freeman, G - Grade 90
ESPNU HoopGurlz 100 Watch List
POS RANK G #15
HT 5-9HS Pelham H.S. (GA)

Malica Monk, PG Grade 90
POS RANK PG #18
HT 5-5HS North Little Rock H.S. (AR)

Keiryn Swenson, W - Grade 90
POS RANK W #10
HT 6-1HS Maize H.S. (KS)

BWS

Another commitment pickup for Jimmy Dykes. Bailey Zimmerman, 6-0 G out of Wonderview.

yraciv

Quote from: BWS on September 12, 2014, 10:30:22 am
Another commitment pickup for Jimmy Dykes. Bailey Zimmerman, 6-0 G out of Wonderview.

Matt ZImmerman's cousin. Good 1A player, but small school player with  not a lot of offers.  Interesting!

flippinhogmana

Matt ZImmerman's cousin. Good 1A player, but small school player with  not a lot of offers.  Interesting!

Sometimes fences are made in such ways...
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Love that she's a talented, in-state player (with Hog ties)!

Love that she's taller for a guard (our other guard recruits are all 5'9" or shorter).

But that makes 4 guards and 1 wing so far in this class. Too many guards? Not enough posts? (Seriously - asking, not criticizing.)

Waldron_Hog

jseinfeld50

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on September 12, 2014, 11:41:04 pm
What about Katie Powell?

Yeah we have a few interior players - Katie and sophmore Khadijah West are 6'4" and 6'2" forwards. Wolff and Bailey (I know only 6') play in the interior. Then Jessica Jackson could help some inside in emergency situations.

jdlittle

Joe Foley offered Zimmerman, i think he knows more than most about girls that can play basketball. 

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on September 12, 2014, 11:41:04 pm
What about Katie Powell?

Katie Powell is on campus and will play this year. I was asking about the recruiting class that will be on campus next year. As jseinfeld50 pointed out, it's not exactly like we are swimming in depth when it comes to height. Wolff was recruited as a guard, and we are using her as a 4 (or we were last year, and she did very well there for a 6' player, imo. Tough battler for boards.).  Have to assume/hope the remaining schollie will go to someone with some size.

And jdlittle, thanks - good point about Zimmerman. I went and looked her up on the ESPN site and she is graded at 89, a 3 star, and the 44th best Wing (interesting that they have her as a wing, not a guard) in the country. That is pretty impressive!