Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who all red shirted this year?

Started by Exit Pursued by a Boar, September 07, 2014, 06:27:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Exit Pursued by a Boar

I know we've played a lot of true freshmen the last two weeks?

So who's left?  Who do we expect to redshirt besides Rafe?

EFBAB

VBMark

CBB said they were going to try to keep the RS on Brian Wallace.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Bubba's Bruisers

Day
The TE
Wallace hopefully
Hall
Brown
Watts
Hackett
Ramirez?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 07, 2014, 06:31:03 pm
Day
The TE
Wallace hopefully
Hall
Brown
Watts
Hackett
Ramirez?

Hackett wasn't out there yesterday?

EFBAB

downsouthhawg72

If a player gets in on special teams do they burn the redshirt ? Or how exactly do the redshirt get burned. I ask because I seen Hackett in on special teams play.
DownSouthHawg

ricepig

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on September 07, 2014, 06:35:14 pm
If a player gets in on special teams do they burn the redshirt ? Or how exactly do the redshirt get burned. I ask because I seen Hackett in on special teams play.

You play, you're burned. Also, Brown played, #53.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

As Darrell Royal used to say, "if a dog's going to bite, he'll do it as a pup."  But geez, we're laying it all out there.  I KNOW CBB would prefer redshirting as many freshmen as possible.  That he's played so many so soon either says a lot about his opinion of their talent or his opinion of the talent he already had on board.  I suspect the latter.

EFBAB

Bubba's Bruisers

My list was a guess.  Don't know if Brown and Hackett, or anyone else for that matter, played. 

Essentially, just about the entire freshman class has played.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

That's my point, Bubba.  I feel safe saying Rafe, Day and Wallace haven't played yet.  That's it.

EFBAB

lefty08

isnt it a percentage of snaps played?  or is that only for medical redshirt?  I thought it was something like 1/4th of all games or something like that
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

BatesvilleHOG

I believe Hedlund is going to redshirt as well. Henson is dependable enough to give Cole an extra year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: lefty08 on September 07, 2014, 06:47:45 pm
isnt it a percentage of snaps played?  or is that only for medical redshirt?  I thought it was something like 1/4th of all games or something like that

You play, you burn the RS.  However, you are correct.  There is an injury caveat that may allow the RS to be salvaged.  It's dependent on the number of games played and probably another factor or 2...just not sure of the exact terms.  I think a medical redshirt is only granted if the RS has already been used in the past.  If not, then a regular RS is used because of injury.

fakebobholt

Quote from: ricepig on September 07, 2014, 06:41:37 pm
Participation list.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/scamp-data-prod/sports/statdumps/ark/m-footbl/ar090614.htm#GAME.PRE

read the first hog on the list that werent starters. He won us a title in BBall, recently got hired by the hogs , and now we sneak him in to play football. Nice job coach. Scotty Thurman is everywhere

tophawg19

i haven't seen Kraus play yet
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 07, 2014, 07:52:23 pm

read the first hog on the list that werent starters. He won us a title in BBall, recently got hired by the hogs , and now we sneak him in to play football. Nice job coach. Scotty Thurman is everywhere

Yeah, hired as recent as 2010.

jjdlc

JoJo hasn't played due to injury, if it takes too long for him to come back it would expect a red shirt.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jjdlc on September 07, 2014, 08:02:09 pm
JoJo hasn't played due to injury, if it takes too long for him to come back it would expect a red shirt.

Yeah, if JoJo takes several weeks to get well enough to play, then I'd think you'd just go ahead and RS him.

ChicoHog

PorkRinds

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 07, 2014, 10:44:02 pm
We played about 75 people yesterday.  Impressive!

Seems like the only people that didn't play are hurt or red shirting.

Tim Harris

These guys haven't played yet and still have the option to RS.

Brian Wallace
Jojo Robinson - They have been trying to get him in but he has been hurt
Rafe Peavey
Armon Watts
Juan Day
Santos Ramirez
Jack Kraus
Jake Hall
Cole Hedlund
Tyler Colquitt

Steef

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 08, 2014, 07:31:19 am

Brian Wallace
Rafe Peavey
Armon Watts
Juan Day
Santos Ramirez
Jack Kraus
Jake Hall
Cole Hedlund
Tyler Colquitt

I was thinking of Peavey as I read down the thread. Good post, Tim.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 07, 2014, 06:50:17 pm
I believe Hedlund is going to redshirt as well. Henson is dependable enough to give Cole an extra year.

I was not aware of Henson until fall camp started.  Hedlund is already a good kicker, but let him get a year on the sideline to get prepared and he could be our next Hocker. I live for the day that when we get pretty close, like we did in the Auburn game, and kick it through the uprights  instead of punting it for field position. We need points in a bad way and Hedlund  could be  a game winner for us. In the meantime, GO HENSON!!
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Hoggish1

Day
The TE
Wallace hopefully
Hall
Brown
Watts
Hackett
Ramirez?

Hackett was all over the place Saturday.

AugustaHog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on September 08, 2014, 11:43:24 am
I was not aware of Henson until fall camp started.  Hedlund is already a good kicker, but let him get a year on the sideline to get prepared and he could be our next Hocker. I live for the day that when we get pretty close, like we did in the Auburn game, and kick it through the uprights  instead of punting it for field position. We need points in a bad way and Hedlund  could be  a game winner for us. In the meantime, GO HENSON!!
I agree, here.  It really concerns me that coach said Henson's limit was 42 yds in that AU game.  That should be close to a gimme for a good college kicker.  I hope he was just trying to manage his psyche a little and will unleash him in the future.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 08, 2014, 01:55:44 pm
I agree, here.  It really concerns me that coach said Henson's limit was 42 yds in that AU game.  That should be close to a gimme for a good college kicker.  I hope he was just trying to manage his psyche a little and will unleash him in the future.

42 yarder is a "gimmie" for a college kicker?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 08, 2014, 01:55:44 pm

He is a Senior and just got a scholarship, so he wasn't taking up a lot of space. I have a feeling that Coach weighed all the options and facts and figured that we'll just have to get those extra few yards to get range. This is not to say that Coach won't change his mind in the season and play Hedlund. Only time will tell.

Uncommon

Brian Wallace
Rafe Peavey
Armon Watts
Juan Day
Santos Ramirez
Jack Kraus
Jake Hall
Cole Hedlund
Tyler Colquitt

Good list.

Tevin Mitchel and Will Hines are also possibilities of redshirting.

HogCard

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 07, 2014, 10:45:13 pm
Seems like the only people that didn't play are hurt or red shirting.

That's funny! I don't care who you are.  I assume you meant it to be.

Hawg_Thai'd

I was under the impression that the  coaches were talking about getting Santos some playing time before the Auburn game. Has that changed or is the timing not right. I am eager to see how well he does. He seems  to be  one that will add to the program. Anybody know how he is progressing along?

incHOGnito

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on September 07, 2014, 06:35:14 pm

Hackett was lighting people up on kick coverage on Saturday.  He is 44 and looked pretty good in limited action.

scruf

Hackett is the first guy I've seen since Steve Atwater that looks and plays like a young Steve Atwater.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on September 08, 2014, 03:41:03 pm
I was under the impression that the  coaches were talking about getting Santos some playing time before the Auburn game. Has that changed or is the timing not right. I am eager to see how well he does. He seems  to be  one that will add to the program. Anybody know how he is progressing along?
He has been banged up since the start of fall camp so they are going to redshirt him
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 08, 2014, 07:08:07 pm
He has been banged up since the start of fall camp so they are going to redshirt him

Thanks for that. I was not aware of his condition.

VBMark

Quote from: Uncommon on September 08, 2014, 03:25:32 pm
Good list.

Tevin Mitchel and Will Hines are also possibilities of redshirting.

Pretty sure Hines and CBB already both said, Will was redshirting.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Oklahawg

51 players played according to the participation chart. Add Wise, Jojo and Marshall as certain-to-play and that's 54 that will have seen the field by week 4. Wow.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

arsuperhog

Day
The TE
Wallace hopefully
Hall
Brown
Watts
Hackett
Ramirez?

Don't forget JoJo

BrassNunchucks

Is Ramirez a safety or a CB? And has anyone heard if Kraus is going to stay at TE or if he's being groomed for OT?

Wright43

BrassNunchucks

Yeah he played the last two games. This is an older thread I found. Just was wondering about the freshmen.

North hog

Hogarusa

Well, technically nobody has redshirted yet since 1 play can burn it
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Tim Harris

Pork Twain

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 08, 2014, 02:10:35 pm
42 yarder is a "gimmie" for a college kicker?
Hell, 42 yards is not a gimmie in the NFL.  Arkansas fan logic...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 07, 2014, 06:50:17 pm

I'm not trying to knock the kid but no he's not.

With that miss against the aggies I think he's 0/3 beyond 30 yards.

That's not accurate at all.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 30, 2014, 08:08:17 am

I figured someone would dig that post back up. I don't blame you for it tho. Henson has underachieved far past my expectations.

TheRazorbackGuy

Brian Wallace
Rafe Peavey
Armon Watts
Juan Day
Santos Ramirez
Jack Kraus
Jake Hall
Cole Hedlund
Tyler Colquitt

Tim is brilliant and accurate

ricepig

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 30, 2014, 08:08:17 am

2/4, missed from 43 and 44 yards.