Previous topic - Next topic

Will We Take TTU's Manhood

Yes
133 (74.7%)
No
45 (25.3%)

Total Members Voted: 176

trashcan maN

There have been a few games throughout Bielema's career where the other team simply could not match up physically in the trenches and got embarassed. Nebraska game and Indiana game come to mind.

Bielema referenced games like this in one of his pressers by saying something along the lines of, "There is no better feeling than taking the other team's manhood."

The question is, do you guys think that we will pound Texas Tech in the trenches until they are physically and mentally defeated and subsequently run up the score on them in Lubbock, or do you think they find their gonads in time for the game and keep it close/beat us?

Missooie

I said no. They have to have manhood for you to take it. After their first two games it is hard to see if they have a manhood or not. I haven't seen any, so I'll say no we won't take it.

HogFanatic

I said yes, but not because I expect Arkansas to score 70 points again.

This game is circled on TT's calendar, make no mistake about it. They are playing an "SEC" team. A team they actually think they have a shot at beating. They WILL be swinging for the fences this weekend, and Arkansas SHOULD go in, handle business, and win a close one. I think it will be close, but the outcome won't really ever be in doubt.

After losing to Arkansas this weekend, TT is going to be completely deflated from an emotional perspective. It will be the type of loss that can send their entire season into the crapper.

scruf

I voted no because you can't take what they don't have.

GolfnHog

More than anything else I think the Hogs have a great mind set going into this game and from a psychological standpoint this has been a missing link over the last couple of years.
Granted, Saturdays game was against an inferior team but these kids played very sound and it showed them that they can overcome the mental block of the recent past. I'm ready to get to Lubbock to see how well it really transcends on the next game
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

jgphillips3

I think it will be a good game.  However, me may have them worn to a nub by the 4th quarter and put that manhood in the bag.

Raiderman

Tech does have a 2 game win streak versus Arkansas so perhaps you should ask whether Arkansas will retrieve its manhood from Tech.  ;)

HF#1

They will struggle to keep our O-line from getting to the second and third level of their defense. 

I suspect we will run for 300+ and probably throw for another 150. 

My personal opinion we win easily.  Tech will put points on the board but they won't have the ball enough to keep up.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogfan1660

We are going to Butt Rape TT and then they can go play the remainder of their insanely tough conference schedule like the Idaho Potatoes!!!

redeye

I think we can and should take Tech's manhood, but it'll depend on what we do.  If we start the 2nd half throwing the ball, then it won't happen, because that's not how you do it.

Tech is overrated and Arkansas is never as bad as people think, including our own fans.  Tech struggled to beat UCA and UTEP, but how many people here think Arkansas would do the same?  If you're one of them, then you're proof that our own fans underestimate us.

Hoggish1

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 07, 2014, 04:59:58 pm

The question is, do you guys think that we will pound Texas Tech in the trenches until they are physically and mentally defeated and subsequently run up the score on them in Lubbock, or do you think they find their gonads in time for the game and keep it close/beat us?

Do they have gonads to find?

DeltaBoy

We will beat them like in Remembering the Titans.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tripod1

It always amazes me the pounding of chests that goes on in this crazy place.  I'm just hoping we carry some MO into this game and continue to see improvement in all aspects of the game and get a W.  I'm not ready to pound my chest until we become relevant.

three hog night

Quote from: HF#1 on September 07, 2014, 07:48:15 pm
They will struggle to keep our O-line from getting to the second and third level of their defense. 

I suspect we will run for 300+ and probably throw for another 150. 

My personal opinion we win easily.  Tech will put points on the board but they won't have the ball enough to keep up.

TT gave up about 275 yards rushing to....UTEP.   I think we will be just fine.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Raiderman on September 07, 2014, 07:44:07 pm
Tech does have a 2 game win streak versus Arkansas so perhaps you should ask whether Arkansas will retrieve its manhood from Tech.  ;)

Games over 20 years back? Uh huh.....

We're 28-7 against TT....Uh...we have your manhood on the wall in the Broyles Center. Stuffed, and you ain't never gettin it back........  Would take a lot for you all to even become .500 against us....

Last 2 games played over 20 years ago don't really matter too much nowadays.

Must have been smokin the stickiest of the icky.
This is my non-signature signature.

three hog night

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 07, 2014, 07:25:37 pm
More than anything else I think the Hogs have a great mind set going into this game and from a psychological standpoint this has been a missing link over the last couple of years.
Granted, Saturdays game was against an inferior team but these kids played very sound and it showed them that they can overcome the mental block of the recent past. I'm ready to get to Lubbock to see how well it really transcends on the next game

Good point.  The mental aspect of losing 10 straight games is bigger than we all think.   We needed to get the monkey off our back no matter how lousy NSU was.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

Wildhog

I think it'll be close early, but we wear them down and stretch out a 2-TD win.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 08, 2014, 11:12:49 am

This is one of the more likely options.

three hog night

Quote from: Wildhog on September 08, 2014, 11:12:49 am

Our Oline will prove it's physical dominance early, so I don't think it will be as tight as some predict.  The TT def line is not good and gave up 277 yards rushing to UTEP.

TDHawgs

I watched Texas Tech barely beat UTEP. UTEP would have won if they would have ran the ball the last drive. UTEP was running all over them, so we should be able to run on them just as easy or easier. They worry me with the pass, but they have been struggling as well.. same as us on passing, WR's dropping the ball, etc..  If they work out their offensive problems with the pass game, we could be in for a tough game. If not, look for Bielema to try to run it down their throats, and wear out their defense. If so, we will win by two TD's or more..

three hog night

Quote from: TDHawgs on September 08, 2014, 11:19:46 am
I watched Texas Tech barely beat UTEP. UTEP would have won if they would have ran the ball the last drive. UTEP was running all over them, so we should be able to run on them just as easy or easier. They worry me with the pass, but they have been struggling as well.. same as us on passing, WR's dropping the ball, etc..  If they work out their offensive problems with the pass game, we could be in for a tough game. If not, look for Bielema to try to run it down their throats, and wear out their defense. If so, we will win by two TD's or more..

I am not ready to concede the passing game to TT.  TT has midget WR's.  Our Secondary has had trouble with Big WR's like those freaks at AU that can fight through press coverage.   TT's top 3 WRs are NOT big WR's- 2 of them at 6-0 and one at 5-6.   TT's small WR's will give us the ability to play press coverage.  Our Secondary may play GOOD press coverage this week against TT's small WR's to hold coverage and throw off timing routes.  The secondary may give the Def Line time to get pressure on the TT QB. 

hobhog

They will stack the line of course, but we should wear them down. Our TEs were suspiciously quiet last week- I think we were saving them for the 9-in-the-box we know is coming Saturday. Expecting a 10+ point win with big day for HH, Sprinkle, Derby....

31-21 Hogs

TDHawgs

Quote from: three hog night on September 08, 2014, 11:21:52 am
I am not ready to concede the passing game to TT.  TT has midget WR's.  Our Secondary has had trouble with Big WR's like those freaks at AU that can fight through press coverage.   TT's top 3 WRs are NOT big WR's- 2 of them at 6-0 and one at 5-6.   TT's small WR's will give us the ability to play press coverage.  Our Secondary may play GOOD press coverage this week against TT's small WR's to hold coverage and throw off timing routes.  The secondary may give the Def Line time to get pressure on the TT QB.
I agree, we should do pretty good, just being optimistically cautious.

three hog night

Quote from: hobhog on September 08, 2014, 11:23:57 am
They will stack the line of course, but we should wear them down. Our TEs were suspiciously quiet last week- I think we were saving them for the 9-in-the-box we know is coming Saturday. Expecting a 10+ point win with big day for HH, Sprinkle, Derby....

31-21 Hogs

Sprinkle has speed that could show up big in this game.