Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So what new faces stood out to you?

Started by swinesation, September 07, 2014, 01:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Would be awesome if Duwop came in and ran some zone read options.  The media would simply explode...as would all the Auburn fans.  I don't think it will ever happen, but the kid looks the part.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 08, 2014, 09:37:24 am
And that is the problem for me with all the talk of Duwop at RB/WR/Wildcat QB.  There are only so many touches to go around.  Who are you going to take away from to get him his handful of touches a game?

Very good point.

I think we don't really understand how special AC is yet.  IMO he's got very special talents, and although I love JWill I'd love to see AC get 20+ carries every game.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

JayBell

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 08, 2014, 10:58:12 amVery good point.

I think we don't really understand how special AC is yet.  IMO he's got very special talents, and although I love JWill I'd love to see AC get 20+ carries every game.

I'm hoping they come through as they open up the playbook as the season goes along.  Williams, Collins and Marshall are the three best playmakers on offense and the receivers still aren't that good.  I hope we see some formations where both of them are in the backfield.  It would open up so many options with misdirection, playaction, double playaction, screens and other passing plays.

three hog night

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 08, 2014, 10:33:08 am
Has he been playing?

Anthony Brown did look big and fast.   I was not expecting that from him because he was not highly rated out of HS.   Liddell and Hackett both surprised me.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hobhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 08, 2014, 09:37:24 am
And that is the problem for me with all the talk of Duwop at RB/WR/Wildcat QB.  There are only so many touches to go around.  Who are you going to take away from to get him his handful of touches a game?

They mentioned him in the return game early in practices. He sure seems to have a quick burst. Maybe work him in there if Dean needs help or injuries develop with special teams.

hawginbigd1

Cornelius for sure!
Dean has to play, he showed out some last year early but went away when he gave TD up against Rutgers.
Hackett looks the part!

I can tell you what I hope to see a ton more on the field is 89 instead of 79. In case some missed it Cam Jefferson started out at TE wearing 89 they just drove the def right into the secondary! It was sweet seeing a TE that can block!

I can tell you when he came on field, I was like whoa where the heck have they been hiding this 89!

three hog night

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 08, 2014, 05:18:28 pm
Cornelius for sure!
Dean has to play, he showed out some last year early but went away when he gave TD up against Rutgers.
Hackett looks the part!

I can tell you what I hope to see a ton more on the field is 89 instead of 79. In case some missed it Cam Jefferson started out at TE wearing 89 they just drove the def right into the secondary! It was sweet seeing a TE that can block!

I can tell you when he came on field, I was like whoa where the heck have they been hiding this 89!

Liddell needs to get as many snaps as possible.  Coley needs it worse since he missed last week.  Hackett and Brown both ook like a steal.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.