Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midnight Basketball With Houston Nutt: Folks, this is the next step

Started by BPsTheMan, September 07, 2014, 10:17:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

Call it community service or whatever you want, this is the next step in how Houston Nutt begins to heal us all. A feelgood gesture from HDN to the citizenry of Arkansas. It starts in Little Rock and Conway of course, but then makes it's way to Russellville and Ft Smith and NWA.

I know I could benefit from it. It could get me off the streets at night and give me purpose in life.

After this moves into our hearts and minds (HEARTS AND MINDS!) then I believe Nutt should be given the green light to use his influence with Razorback Hockey, kind of like an unofficial Director of Hockey Relations or whatnot. Since the hockey team is not officially an arm of the university, the PTB's get to view his interaction from a safe distance and gauge his effectiveness even further.

And finally Houston gets his own fishing show. I don't think that's too much to ask. Saturday morning at 8am, before GameDay really kicks off good, we get to sit and watch a peaceful man talk about life with a peaceful weekly special guest as they pull in a few bass and crappy. A peaceful moment with Houston Nutt on a quiet Saturday morning. Who could argue with that? He could have Harold Horton on, Bill Dance, maybe John Daily, maybe even Rhett Lashley in the off season.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and PM Hilary Clinton on here and see if we can get the Midnight Basketball thing going soon. Anyone who could donate a few basketballs, it would be much appreciated.

BPsTheMan

I also think Jackie Sherrill would be a good fishing show special guest

that might help us tap into some Texas and south Mississippi recruiting

If we could get this done pretty quickly, Houston's first official position back with the university could be on Jimmy Dykes' staff in some capacity

move on from there

PonderinHog

I got a 14' flat bottom boat I could donate to the cause.  It leaks a little...

BPsTheMan

Pondersin, this is a serious thread for serious posters

Ok?

ok  ???

PonderinHog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 07, 2014, 12:51:46 pm
Pondersin, this is a serious thread for serious posters

Ok?

ok  ???
Ok,  I'll enlarge the holes in the boat.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 07, 2014, 12:57:58 pm
Ok,  I'll enlarge the holes in the boat.

Ponderson, I realize you're just trying to have fun, and I get that.

But I'm trying to foment healing here. Among our fan base. Forgiving Christians.

Folks, serious comments only in this thread from here on out.

Thanks

PonderinHog

Torqued pork

I've got some vintage Abu Garcia reels and Browning shotguns I treasure, but will part with for a cause this worthy. It's the least I can do.

Let the healing begin.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 08, 2014, 09:58:20 am
I've got some vintage Abu Garcia reels and Browning shotguns I treasure, but will part with for a cause this worthy. It's the least I can do.

Let the healing begin.

Thanked Torked. That's the kind of positive attitude we need around here on Houston Nutt's reentrance into society and eventually back to the UA.

As of today, Houston could now have June Jones on his fishing show.

See! See! THAT'S HUGE! HUGE!

BPsTheMan

Update for everyone here! Please pay attention!

A couple of boosters contacted me and they are getting behind the idea on Houston Nutt running Midnight Basketball, and supporting the fishing show.

They want me to PM Wayne to get his advice on getting Houston on the inside with Razorback Hockey.

The wheels are in motion folks.

More later.

BPsTheMan

A brief summary for those coming in late:

Torked Pork and I (ponderin hasn't been much help) are trolling the backwaters of general sports here to drum up support for the resurgence of Houston Nutt, beginning with...

1. Midnight Basketball - Houston woos the masses by heppin get wayward fans off the streets at night.

2. Razorback Hockey - Houston brings the Stick Hogs to prominence with his good name and excitable personality - Tim Brando is sure to help put the word out for us here.

3. fishing show - Houston's adorable charm is put on display in front of a demographic of GOB's without money, the commoners, the backbone of America and Arkansas.

We need more volunteers to hep get the word out.

Torked, if you don't mind, I need you to follow any post by Porkrind Jimmy so we can report that back to Warren and Harold and Jim. Thanks.

MSMHawg

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 07, 2014, 10:17:57 am
Call it community service or whatever you want, this is the next step in how Houston Nutt begins to heal us all. A feelgood gesture from HDN to the citizenry of Arkansas. It starts in Little Rock and Conway of course, but then makes it's way to Russellville and Ft Smith and NWA.

I know I could benefit from it. It could get me off the streets at night and give me purpose in life.

After this moves into our hearts and minds (HEARTS AND MINDS!) then I believe Nutt should be given the green light to use his influence with Razorback Hockey, kind of like an unofficial Director of Hockey Relations or whatnot. Since the hockey team is not officially an arm of the university, the PTB's get to view his interaction from a safe distance and gauge his effectiveness even further.

And finally Houston gets his own fishing show. I don't think that's too much to ask. Saturday morning at 8am, before GameDay really kicks off good, we get to sit and watch a peaceful man talk about life with a peaceful weekly special guest as they pull in a few bass and crappy. A peaceful moment with Houston Nutt on a quiet Saturday morning. Who could argue with that? He could have Harold Horton on, Bill Dance, maybe John Daily, maybe even Rhett Lashley in the off season.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and PM Hilary Clinton on here and see if we can get the Midnight Basketball thing going soon. Anyone who could donate a few basketballs, it would be much appreciated.

I will never accept Houston Nutt back into the Circle of Trust

BPsTheMan

Quote from: MSMHawg on September 08, 2014, 08:50:00 pm
I will never accept Houston Nutt back into the Circle of Trust

who cares about a Circle of Trust bro?

we are forgiving people who need for Houston's good name to be dusted off and polished and put back atop the mantle

history is going to judge us - we need to make the right moves here

MSMHawg

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 08, 2014, 08:55:20 pm
who cares about a Circle of Trust bro?

we are forgiving people who need for Houston's good name to be dusted off and polished and put back atop the mantle

history is going to judge us - we need to make the right moves here

Right move is to shove up Nutt and his brother Danny all the way with a red hot poker

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Harry rex....propaganda puppet for the good old boys network.  Figured they would latch on to someone here to do their bidding. 

BPsTheMan

Quote from: MSMHawg on September 08, 2014, 08:59:12 pm
Right move is to shove up Nutt and his brother Danny all the way with a red hot poker

MSMHawg, I don't think violence is the answer here.

We've seen violence administered by assistant swimming coaches, and it did not turn out well for all involved. Plus some innocent bystandards with criminal warrants went to jail for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: OTR on September 08, 2014, 09:02:39 pm
Harry rex....propaganda puppet for the good old boys network.  Figured they would latch on to someone here to do their bidding.

that is an outlandish accusation

Love Thy Neighbor OTR - Houston is our neighbor

PonderinHog

BPsTheMan

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 08, 2014, 09:20:02 pm
The boat offer stills stands, Harry.

Pondrints,

"the rejuvination of the human spirit"

those were the words of William Faulkner, his vision for America, and that's what I'm trying to do here

Does that mean I'm trying to be "The William Faulkner of Hogville"??

Yes it does.

and I'm perfectly willing to endure you're snide remarks if it serves the grater good

MSMHawg

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 08, 2014, 09:29:25 pm
Pondrints,

"the rejuvination of the human spirit"

those were the words of William Faulkner, his vision for America, and that's what I'm trying to do here

Does that mean I'm trying to be "The William Faulkner of Hogville"??

Yes it does.

and I'm perfectly willing to endure you're snide remarks if it serves the grater good

Meant HDN a couple times, last time I saw him was in Dillard's NWA mall. Went up extended my hand shook his I smiled and said "you're the worst thing to ever happen to Razorback football". He said nothing
Of course that was before Long was hired

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 07, 2014, 12:03:30 pm
I got a 14' flat bottom boat I could donate to the cause.  It leaks a little...

I'm always here to help, ponderin. 

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: MSMHawg on September 08, 2014, 09:39:14 pm
Meant HDN a couple times, last time I saw him was in Dillard's NWA mall. Went up extended my hand shook his I smiled and said "you're the worst thing to ever happen to Razorback football". He said nothing
Of course that was before Long was hired

that's not going to cut it MSMHawg

you're not part of the solution here

Murray State Mafia Hawg - not part of the solution

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 08, 2014, 09:39:33 pm
I'm always here to help, ponderin. 

that's a positive and hopeful response right there

thank you Jackrabbit

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Boardon Hamsay

We probably do owe Houston Nutt his own fishing show. He could have weekly guests at various fishing spots around the state. I'd like to see Jack Crowe and Joe Kines as the first two guests. Joe Kines and Nutt fishing would be a pretty good watch.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

What about Nutt taking over radio play by play for basketball and baseball games?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on September 08, 2014, 09:58:03 pm
What about Nutt taking over radio play by play for basketball and baseball games?

probably hockey first, but then yeah, baseball radio play by play by this coming spring 2015

fishing show by fall of 2015

then Athletics Director by January 2016

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 08, 2014, 10:01:31 pm
probably hockey first, but then yeah, baseball radio play by play by this coming spring 2015

fishing show by fall of 2015

then Athletics Director by January 2016

That would probably go along way in helping the fan base heal. Maybe at some point we name one of the practice fields after Nutt.

redeye

BPsTheMan

Update folks:

the PTB's I'm crowing the internets for are planning to install Houston at SMU, as HC, in conjunction with Midnight Basketball

you heard it here first

thebignasty

Rax, I suggest Houston ' s fishing show should be called 'Reelin' with the Reverend.'  Or, if shot at Dardanelle, 'Nukular Fishin'.'

Jackrabbit Hog

I feel it would be most appropriate for HDN to have a fishing show that, instead of focusing on bass, trout or some other game fish, focuses on catching carp, shad and drum. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: thebignasty on September 10, 2014, 10:02:18 pm
Rax, I suggest Houston ' s fishing show should be called 'Reelin' with the Reverend.'  Or, if shot at Dardanelle, 'Nukular Fishin'.'

Reelin With the Reverend - I like it - Houston could have Reverend Jerry on too.

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 11, 2014, 07:13:31 am
I feel it would be most appropriate for HDN to have a fishing show that, instead of focusing on bass, trout or some other game fish, focuses on catching carp, shad and drum.

good idea for one segment at least. Throw some of that nasty fish food down at the marina and just scoop a net down and pull up a carp, then Houston yells Scoop And Scored Chuck!

this thing is coming together folks

Head Coach at SMU in a couple weeks maybe? All part of the 2016 plan back to The Hill

Thank you Powers That Be

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DLUXHOG

Healing... Schmealling.... I've had no respect for HDN ever since after he ran off to OSU after he saw he wasn't going start under Lou...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Rzbakfromwaybak

September 11, 2014, 07:03:00 pm #35 Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:44:32 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
How about a show called......."Fishing with Hootie"

Of course, the most natural place to film the first part of the show, would be at a Sonic.  Hootie can sit at a table or his truck, & talk about which lake they are fishing today.  Then he can explain to the audience why there weren't any fish caught....but how close they were to catching some. "We really bounced around in that boat today", &.... "there were so many good looking spots, it just messed me up"...& how he really likes the fishing helmets, etc.  "Next week will be different, we will be prepared & have a better plan".

If that style doesn't work, he can try a new title for the show.
It would start off with Hootie at the lake, in a boat, with no shirt.

It could be called........"Hooties Hooters & Fishing Show"
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 11, 2014, 04:27:05 pm
Healing... Schmealling.... I've had no respect for HDN ever since after he ran off to OSU after he saw he wasn't going start under Lou...

reported to PTB's

BPsTheMan

amazing how the long reach of our PTB's pulled off getting June Jones canned in week three

I believe they are ready to skip Houston's role with Razorback Hockey

new plan:

1. Midnight Basketball
2. Coach SMU for a little while
3. fishing show
4. AD at Arkansas

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

BPsTheMan

update:

Harry King is doing work for us folks

Houston is on the way pretty soon

Torqued pork

Harry King and Robert Shields are valuable agents for the GOBN.

I salute their bravery and selflessness.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 08, 2014, 08:42:27 pm
A brief summary for those coming in late.

We need more volunteers to hep get the word out.

Ask Mike Irwin for some publicity for all those great ideas. I'm sure he would go for it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BPsTheMan

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 14, 2014, 09:20:57 pm
Ask Mike Irwin for some publicity for all those great ideas. I'm sure he would go for it.

Pic, Mike is our sworn enemy.

He PM'd me the other day with a link and when I clicked it, I got Malware on my computer.

Mike Irwin is a cyber terrorist and still an anti-Nutter

We will move quietly through the night to avoid running up against him and the army he commands.