Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B. Allen got a helmet sticker from espn.

Started by atekido, September 07, 2014, 10:04:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

atekido

Said he might not have put up the numbers of other QB's in the SEC but he was the most efficient being 4/5 with 4 TDs lol.

I will take it.  This game was the best thing that could have happened for the Hogs.

WardamnHOGGLE

Good for him.  The young man needs some encouragement.  He ain't the best, but he's the best we've got.

Phil D

GO HOGS!!!!!!

The real Hogules

I thought that Austin preformed well, also.
I know he threw the pick, but over all I'd say he gets a solid "B" for his play in his first college game
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

DeuceHawg

He may not be the best but he's better than we give him credit for.  I can't imagine going out there every week and performing with all he's gone through.  He definitely deserves this.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeuceHawg on September 07, 2014, 10:11:42 am
He may not be the best but he's better than we give him credit for.  I can't imagine going out there every week and performing with all he's gone through.  He definitely deserves this.

This...   +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorfox

PonderinHog

arkmark

Quote from: Razorfox on September 07, 2014, 11:41:58 am
What was his QB rating?

BA sits at 178.7 QBRat for two games played.  He ranks 6th in the SEC for QBs with two games played.

Tejano Jawg

Sorry I missed the sticker presentation. I used to enjoy staying up for it, back when we had players who actually won a few.

Way to go Brandon! Yeah, you don't get many days with passing stats like that!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hog N Bama

Happy for BA, thankful the real BA is healthy and doing a fine job WPS!

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 07, 2014, 08:53:21 pm
Happy for BA, thankful the real BA is healthy and doing a fine job WPS!

I really hope somebody told him about that or he saw it.

Westcoasthog

Congratulations Brandon Allen on your helmet sticker from ESPN!

rusvegashog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

three hog night

Quote from: arkmark on September 07, 2014, 12:23:35 pm
BA sits at 178.7 QBRat for two games played.  He ranks 6th in the SEC for QBs with two games played.

He has 2 more games to get into a confident rhythm that he has not had since he went in for Tyler Wilson against #1 Bama 2 years ago.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hobhog

he did what he needed to do, and I think he gets better as year goes on. On critical note, I wasnt impressed with "deep" throw to Hatcher on TD. Hatch had to wait on it as it was underthrown. Sure would like to see him OVERTHROW somebody....

But he is our leader and need him to stay healthy.

Tripod1

It's official now.  BA no longer sucks!!  Congrats to the young man.  I am in his corner.

TDHawgs

I saw in the last game that BA is definitely ahead of his brother Austin. Austin did great, but not at BA's level yet. 

three hog night

The hometown boy needs more success/confidence so that he doesn't feel so much pressure to pull a rabbit out of the hat.   He will show out once he starts settling down and letting the game come to him more.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

jb11

Quote from: hobhog on September 08, 2014, 11:20:44 am
he did what he needed to do, and I think he gets better as year goes on. On critical note, I wasnt impressed with "deep" throw to Hatcher on TD. Hatch had to wait on it as it was underthrown. Sure would like to see him OVERTHROW somebody....

Yeah and if he over threw him, people would be gripping saying how can he overthrow a wide open receiver.  When a receiver is that wide open, you want to make sure you throw it to where he is.

VBMark

Quote from: TDHawgs on September 08, 2014, 11:22:58 am
I saw in the last game that BA is definitely ahead of his brother Austin. Austin did great, but not at BA's level yet.

This!

Coaches are right, the drop off from #1 to #2 is a mile-wide. Hope it closes before Austin has to try to win the job. Otherwise, Peavey or Storey will be the starter before Austin is.

John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

lumphog

Quote from: three hog night on September 08, 2014, 11:18:00 am
He has 2 more games to get into a confident rhythm that he has not had since he went in for Tyler Wilson against #1 Bama 2 years ago.
agree....BA gets it done this year & AA looked pretty darn good for a pup

redeye

It's nice to see BA receive some well-deserved praise.

As for AA, he's still heads and shoulders above Derby and having a competent backup is huge, imo.  Derby is great at TE, though.

jacobp

Quote from: jb11 on September 08, 2014, 11:57:28 am
Yeah and if he over threw him, people would be gripping saying how can he overthrow a wide open receiver.  When a receiver is that wide open, you want to make sure you throw it to where he is.
This. You don't risk overthrowing a receiver that wide open. I think he put it pretty much exactly where he wanted to.

clew

We know what happens when he hits the wide open receiver in stride though, right?  Saturday was a lesson on how to keep the receiver from focusing on the end zone before he catches the ball.
Pure as the dawn

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hobhog on September 08, 2014, 11:20:44 am

Hatcher was wide open.  Last thing you want to do, is overthrow a receiver that open.  Better in that situation, to throw it where he can have a sure catch, & a long gain..... than a long incompletion, that shows off arm strength.  Don't score much, on overthrown passes.  Allen has plenty of arm strength.

Remember the Auburn game?  Hit the same receiver in stride with a perfect long pass & it was dropped. Arm strength was not the problem.  If he had overthrown that ball, there would be people on here complaining about how Allen should have taken a little off of a sure touchdown throw.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

snoblind

Quote from: TDHawgs on September 08, 2014, 11:22:58 am

Yep, this is true.

three hog night

BA looks good now but will improve a lot over the next 2 games.  There will be a lot of haters that have to eat some crow.

hawgmasta

Quote from: three hog night on September 08, 2014, 04:33:21 pm
BA looks good now but will improve a lot over the next 2 games.  There will be a lot of haters that have to eat some crow.

Especially since both teams should be heavily focused on stopping the run. I doubt they will be all that effective so they'll be tired and BA can efficiently throw a few more TD passes.

bruisemeister

Is there another show which gives helmet stickers other than May, Holtz and Davis? I don't remember them giving him one.

three hog night

Quote from: hawgmasta on September 09, 2014, 12:49:38 am
Especially since both teams should be heavily focused on stopping the run. I doubt they will be all that effective so they'll be tired and BA can efficiently throw a few more TD passes.

that is why play action passing is so powerful