razorhead5

McFadden calls out Pettway on twitter.

[attachment deleted by admin]

coastalrazorback

Just one more reason to love McFadden :razorback:

ldfergu

Quote from: coastalrazorback on September 07, 2014, 10:01:25 am
Just one more reason to love McFadden :razorback:

Nice!  Although, I think we take Dominique Reed or Pettway (assuming both wanna come here) but not both.  JMO

razorhead5

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 07, 2014, 10:33:21 am
Nice!  Although, I think we take Dominique Reed or Pettway (assuming both wanna come here) but not both.  JMO

Pettway is too good to turn down...he is SEC ready...kid is already ripped up. I don't think they pass either up.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ShadowTheHedgehog

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 07, 2014, 11:15:14 am
Pettway is too good to turn down...he is SEC ready...kid is already ripped up. I don't think they pass either up.
We will take both of them
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

ldfergu

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 07, 2014, 12:49:33 pm
We will take both of them

U guys sound so sure of yourselves even with RD repeatedly stating how tight spots on offense are, especially WR. We need sooo much help defensively that I'm not convinced we would take both of them...

greenie

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 07, 2014, 01:01:48 pm
U guys sound so sure of yourselves even with RD repeatedly stating how tight spots on offense are, especially WR. We need sooo much help defensively that I'm not convinced we would take both of them...

I agree. We already have several nice young receivers in place, but I understand  the desire to take both.
Good thing is that we have great options. This staff is working hard. Can't wait to hear how this weekend went on the recruiting front.

...and DMac is the Man!!!

razorhead5

Then you pass on Reed...

ldfergu

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 07, 2014, 01:14:52 pm
Then you pass on Reed...

They are similar in size but I've read that Reeds speed is pretty good. Not to say Pettways isn't. The thing I've been curious about was why Reed sat out last year?? Did anyone ever find that out?

SemperFi

Unless Coach B has guaranteed them a spot like Gragg, then one of these kids might want to pull the trigger now, otherwise lose their opportunity to be a Razorback. I think on the offensive side of the ball we'll take one more RB, one more WR, an OL and Gragg has a spot. The rest of the available scholarships will probably go to the defensive side of the ball out of necessity.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Peter Porker

If all things are equal you go high school over juco.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 07, 2014, 01:46:06 pm
If all things are equal you go high school over juco.

Precisely.

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 07, 2014, 11:15:14 am

That would be nice.  You're the first one I've I've noticed making the SEC ready claim.  Most have suggested he's a fairly raw talent.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

whosiskid

Wasn't Pettway listed as "Athlete" on some sites because some schools wanted to move him to safety? I could easily be wrong, but I really do think that was the case. Anyway, if I remember correctly, it could well be that moving Pettway is an option.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

aloha_kid

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 07, 2014, 10:33:21 am

I could be wrong, but I thought we backed off Reed about a month or so ago. 

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

The people who say we wouldn't take Pettway and Reed may not be considering that at least one of the WR prospects already committed could wind up at CB. Seems like the Stewart kid may have been recruited as an athlete if I recall correctly...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: whosiskid on September 07, 2014, 02:35:52 pm
Wasn't Pettway listed as "Athlete" on some sites because some schools wanted to move him to safety? I could easily be wrong, but I really do think that was the case. Anyway, if I remember correctly, it could well be that moving Pettway is an option.

We may have more than a few on campus now who could possibly be moved if needed. CBB really loves to put players in their best position to be successful. Look at AJ...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: greenie on September 07, 2014, 01:14:48 pm
I agree. We already have several nice young receivers in place, but I understand  the desire to take both.
Good thing is that we have great options. This staff is working hard. Can't wait to hear how this weekend went on the recruiting front.

Fresh WR legs never hurt any team. Pettway looks like he would be a good blocker too. Some forget the importance of WR blocking for the running game. :razorback:

FATHAWG08

Quote from: greenie on September 07, 2014, 01:14:48 pm

These guys are the type of athletes we can't pass on. I say take both if we get the chance. Some of these Good looking athletes can be moved to defense. I was really impressed with the speed & athletic ability of our freshmen. We might have more SEC talent on offense right now. But early playing time & good coaching can get some of these guys to try the defense side.
I love off season Football!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Scout.com is saying we want both!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

coaches want both . REED  is like the Auburn kid but with more speed . he sat out a year so he will have an extra year with us
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

redeye

Quote from: aloha_kid on September 07, 2014, 02:59:38 pm
I could be wrong, but I thought we backed off Reed about a month or so ago.

I think RD recently said something to contradict that.

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 07, 2014, 08:24:02 pm
coaches want both . REED  is like the Auburn kid but with more speed . he sat out a year so he will have an extra year with us

Umm no, he played in 2012, set out last year, and is playing this year, thus 2 years left of eligibility.

WashUhog6

I've never been a fan of the line of thinking where we should take in-state kids even if they're a bit under recruited. But I don't see how you don't take Pettway especially if he wants on board. His offer sheet is very impressive, he has great size, and being able to sell to fans and recruits that we locked up the state is great for morale and for relationships with high school coaches in the state.

Bubba's Bruisers

We'd definitely take Pettway.  And I predict we definitely get Pettway.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Fletch

Just my opinion, but I would rather have two really good receivers than to potentially have to settle for another marginal defender. I understand how bad we need defense, but given that we have very few committed there is no guarantee if we use all of the remaining scholarships on defense that they will all be SEC type players.
I feel like $100

Melorock089

You seen Pettway's offer list? No way he is just a 3 star. The dude is just a football player, I'm sure he can excel wherever the coaches put him.

Uncommon

September 08, 2014, 03:03:08 pm #30 Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:18:19 pm by Uncommon
We have 8 offense commits so far in the 2015 class:
1 QB
Ty Storey

1 RB
Rawleigh Williams III

2 WR
KJ Hill
Deon Stewart

2 TE
CJ O'Grady
Austin Cantrell

2 OL
Zach Rogers
Colton Jackson

That means we probably have 4 more spots for more offensive players.

We want 1 more RB so that leaves it down to 3.

We'll definitely take Gragg if he announces Arkansas later this month.  Down to 2.

Now you have a situation of what you need more of for using those last 2.

We have 5, count them, 5 OL whose eligibility is over after this season with no underclassmen likely leaving early for the NFL Draft.  Leaving us with only 10 scholarship offensive linemen on the team.  Add Jackson and Rogers and we're currently sitting at 12 offensive linemen on next year's team.  We probably need 2 to 3 more offensive lineman for good depth.

We only have 1 wide receiver whose eligibility is over after this season and no underclassmen likely leaving early for the NFL Draft.  With the announcement of Scotty Thurman being on scholarship today and KJ Hill and Deon Stewart committed, we currently have 10 wide receivers heading into next season.

With all that being said, I think adding more OL depth, a RB, and Gragg will be more important than getting another receiver to make it 11 receivers.  So, like RD has pointed out, the numbers are tight.  However, I'd take Pettway over Reed.  With Pettway, you get a player that 5 years to play 4 and has a low 4/high 3 star caliber.  With Reed, you get 2 years to play 2 and rumors of off the field concerns.  After all, he had to sit out a year because of it which tells me, it wasn't something minor.  If we can take another wide receiver, I'm taking the longer, safer approach and that is Pettway.

Hogsmo Kramer

Love D'Mac!!!

Favorite hog all time and it ain't even close.

Dude was straight electric and exciting as heck to watch!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

WBC Hog

WBC Hog

Quote from: Uncommon on September 08, 2014, 03:03:08 pm
We have 8 offense commits so far in the 2015 class:
1 QB
Ty Storey

1 RB
Rawleigh Williams III

2 WR
KJ Hill
Deon Stewart

2 TE
CJ O'Grady
Austin Cantrell

2 OL
Zach Rogers
Colton Jackson

That means we probably have 4 more spots for more offensive players.

We want 1 more RB so that leaves it down to 3.

We'll definitely take Gragg if he announces Arkansas later this month.  Down to 2.

Now you have a situation of what you need more of for using those last 2.

We have 5, count them, 5 OL whose eligibility is over after this season with no underclassmen likely leaving early for the NFL Draft.  Leaving us with only 10 scholarship offensive linemen on the team.  Add Jackson and Rogers and we're currently sitting at 12 offensive linemen on next year's team.  We probably need 2 to 3 more offensive lineman for good depth.

We only have 1 wide receiver whose eligibility is over after this season and no underclassmen likely leaving early for the NFL Draft.  With the announcement of Scotty Thurman being on scholarship today and KJ Hill and Deon Stewart committed, we currently have 10 wide receivers heading into next season.

With all that being said, I think adding more OL depth, a RB, and Gragg will be more important than getting another receiver to make it 11 receivers.  So, like RD has pointed out, the numbers are tight.  However, I'd take Pettway over Reed.  With Pettway, you get a player that 5 years to play 4 and has a low 4/high 3 star caliber.  With Reed, you get 2 years to play 2 and rumors of off the field concerns.  After all, he had to sit out a year because of it which tells me, it wasn't something minor.  If we can take another wide receiver, I'm taking the longer, safer approach and that is Pettway.

Great breakdown! My thoughts exactly! I don't understand why so many on here can't see this.

GalaHawg

If Duwop Mitchell moves to RB, they may take two more WRs in this class and stay with only one RB.

HogShat

Yes Reed is playing. In 2 games he is nearing 300 yds recieving on 18 catches with 4tds, 2 KR of 7yds and 52yds.

Huds_HawgTide

We will take 2 OL, gragg, pettway, and only amazing rb...if we miss on who we really want at rb we just take the one
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

incHOGnito

Quote from: GalaHawg on September 08, 2014, 06:13:13 pm
If Duwop Mitchell moves to RB, they may take two more WRs in this class and stay with only one RB.

Before last Saturday, had anyone heard mention of him playing tailback? He has great speed and made a couple of guys miss, but I am not sure he has the size to withstand the punishment at RB. I think he will be used offensively in a variety of situations a la Joe Adams.

ricepig

Quote from: incHOGnito on September 12, 2014, 06:59:02 pm
Before last Saturday, had anyone heard mention of him playing tailback? He has great speed and made a couple of guys miss, but I am not sure he has the size to withstand the punishment at RB. I think he will be used offensively in a variety of situations a la Joe Adams.

Yes, Bielema said they would use him some at RB in the spring, he might have gotten a carry or two in the spring game. I know he played WR and return punts in it.

mrs. hawgndodge

In the first half tonight, Pettway has 4 TD, 3 receiving. Over 200 yards of total offense.   That gives him 7 TD in 2 games.

Music City Hog

Quote from: mrs. hawgndodge on September 12, 2014, 08:55:02 pm
In the first half tonight, Pettway has 4 TD, 3 receiving. Over 200 yards of total offense.   That gives him 7 TD in 2 games.

Yup, scrappers up 26-0.   All pettway

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 07, 2014, 02:23:43 pm
you NEVER pass on 6'4" 4.35. Ever.

You do when he'll only have 2 years to play and couldn't graduate from JUCO in under 3 years. 

I think we'd take both honestly.  We need playmakers and depth.  They'd probably be a bit of a compromise to what Coach wants to build his team, but I'd be proud to have 2 more Arkansas kids repping our state and giving it their all and getting a degree that will only help down the road after playing ball.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

mrs. hawgndodge

26-2. Intentional grounding lead to a safety after scrappers held leopards on the 1 yard line 4 straight plays.

online-with-swine

Quote from: mrs. hawgndodge on September 12, 2014, 08:55:02 pm

I would like to see him do that in a Hog uniform.

bxw21

CallThemHawgs!

hog19911

McFadden is the greatest razorback of all time. So proud that he is a part of our history.