Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Ash lol

Started by songofthesword, September 06, 2014, 08:54:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

getting schooled by Va Tech on ESPN. It's quite sad.

grayhawg

Quote from: songofthesword on September 06, 2014, 08:54:27 pm
getting schooled by Va Tech on ESPN. It's quite sad.
To be honest, I love it.

Fayettechill14

I do think that with more time, Ash could have made a decent defense. But I'm not a fan of his gameplanning. Not aggressive enough. Allowing a weak VT offense to impose its will.

Hog Fan from Camden

Are the DBs playing 15 yards off the ball???

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on September 06, 2014, 09:16:04 pm
Are the DBs playing 15 yards off the ball???
l knew that was coming lol  ;D

redeye

I just turned this game on and the tOSU's DB's are playing much tighter then ours did last year.  In fact, they just made an interception.

I wonder if Ash was overruled, if he thinks tOSU has DB's good enough to play tight or what?

The Boar War

Quote from: redeye on September 06, 2014, 09:59:48 pm
I just turned this game on and the tOSU's DB's are playing much tighter then ours did last year.  In fact, they just made an interception.

I wonder if Ash was overruled, if he thinks tOSU has DB's good enough to play tight or what?

There have been times over the last five years where we had to make the decision:  should we try and at least contain the big play or let them burn us at the line of scrimmage.  I'm sure Ash will do fine with a group of talented cover corners.

ThisTeetsTaken

I thought Ash  was only Co-DC?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

onebadrubi

ESPN highlight reels made sure to bring up it was his secondary getting torched.

cosmodrum

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 06, 2014, 11:51:25 pm
I thought Ash  was only Co-DC?

Yeah, he sucked here, but only co-sucks there.
Go away, batin'

LRRandy

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 07, 2014, 08:09:13 pm
Yeah, he sucked here, but only co-sucks there.
defensive backfield ( Ash's responsibility) played good enough to win. Under 200 yards passing. Virginia tech made plays our offense could not. Recipe for a loss.
This is fun, isn't it.

redeye

Quote from: The Boar War on September 06, 2014, 11:00:50 pm
There have been times over the last five years where we had to make the decision:  should we try and at least contain the big play or let them burn us at the line of scrimmage.  I'm sure Ash will do fine with a group of talented cover corners.

That's what we're always told, but I can't remember the last time we played tight.  It may be true, but it's not uncommon to see schools with less talent fielding better secondaries.